.281 Clipping issue(s) ?

GrievingSage

I placed these two issues together as I thought they were similar in principle.

1) Arrows shot at targets on the lake in Coastal Highway are lost about 50% of the time. The arrow shot was shot in a flat highly visible area of the lake and was in good condition. I have lost about 7 of them so far. I don't lose the arrow when I don't shoot targets on the lake. I'm talking about missing the target then going to retrieve the arrow and its gone like it went through the ice. This may or may not be a bug but arrows are like GOLD!

2) Saplings (Birch so far) placed on the floor of Quonset Gas Station clip through the floor (if that's the right terminology). So in effect, they lay in the floor partially sunk into it not on top of it. I tried to pick them up and place them down again, same effect. I can still get to them it just looks weird, and may cause the item to not be picked up again if placed in a certain way on the floor.

EDIT: .281 Alpha (Xbox One)

These two may not be bugs but they are irritating none the less, Arrows are tough to come by!

Thanks!

+1 on the Clipping of the arrows.

Now anytime I shoot a wolf dead center in the face and kill them, the arrow is lost. :x Never happened before.

One of those times the arrow was barely visible through the jaws of the wolf. I had to pivot around to retrieve the arrow.

Would it be possible to move the wolf like we free place objects? Not pick the wolf up or anything just move him off of our arrow, sometimes I have had to clean the wolf completely so he would disappear and then the arrow would be retrievable. Not so on the lake though, I consistently lose those regardless.

+1 to the green birch sapling issue and the arrow issue.

I am in the camp office in ML and the green birch sapplings are partial sunk in to the floor. I also had a simple arrow on the shelves (3rd shelf up) near the work bench and when I loaded the save, it had fallen through the shelves to the ground. Have also had an issue where the pelts that I had lying around the place seem to have dissapeared completely. I had 2 wolf ones and a deer one last time I saved.

Thanks.

If you hit in a very steep angle, so you hit with the edge of the broadhead and not with the very tip, I guess it is possible for arrows to ricochet, I have killed deer and wolfs with this kind of shots before v.280, I thought it might be realistic that you hit the animal somewhere and you only cut a artery or something or the arrow simply goes through the throat for example... Anyway, I did not talk about the ricochet off of an animal but the ice, I missed the deer I was hunting with my first shot and first I did not find my arrow, then the next day I was walking across the ice and saw an arrow laying around and it was just further from where I thought it was.

Since when do arrows ricochet? I would understand if I was shooting at a concrete wall but I'm shooting at something that has fleshy skin hair bone it could dig itself into

I totally agree with you on that, however, I have video (from Xbox One) of an arrow ricocheting off a wolfs head, which actually killed him. I think that's a bit crazy though.

If you hit in a very steep angle, so you hit with the edge of the broadhead and not with the very tip, I guess it is possible for arrows to ricochet, I have killed deer and wolfs with this kind of shots before v.280, I thought it might be realistic that you hit the animal somewhere and you only cut a artery or something or the arrow simply goes through the throat for example... Anyway, I did not talk about the ricochet off of an animal but the ice, I missed the deer I was hunting with my first shot and first I did not find my arrow, then the next day I was walking across the ice and saw an arrow laying around and it was just further from where I thought it was.

I don't think its ricocheting off the ice (although I see your point there) so much as either clipping and vanishing or rolling. I watched an arrow roll quite a ways from a missed rabbit shot on the ice in Coastal Highway. I RARELY lose an arrow when I'm not hunting on ice.

A little further investigation into losing arrows:

Lost 2 arrows at unnamed pond. I shot and missed a wolf twice (because I'm a terrible shot) and lost both of them. I checked the entire pond but found no arrows. I lose them every time the arrow hits ice but not snow, rocks, etc.

Lost 2 arrows at unnamed pond. I shot and missed a wolf twice (because I'm a terrible shot) and lost both of them. I checked the entire pond but found no arrows. I lose them every time the arrow hits ice but not snow, rocks, etc.

I don`t lost arrows but have trouble with the physic of them on ice.

I found the arrows in a different direction than I have shot them.

Up close , I could see how someone is bounced like a ping-pong ball, when I hit the ice again .

I don`t lost arrows but have trouble with the physic of them on ice.

I found the arrows in a different direction than I have shot them.

Up close , I could see how someone is bounced like a ping-pong ball, when I hit the ice again .

I tend to agree with you on this as I did find a couple of arrows well away from where it was shot to, like it bounced (very far) in Mystery lake. Maybe they didn't "clip" through the ice then? Seems like there is a very high ricochet on arrows that hit ice. Furthermore, I almost lost an arrow in the ravine after shooting a deer. After looking for the arrow, it was under the snow but I could still find it if I pivoted around long enough to "see" it through the snow even though it was visible. It's like it clipped through the snow but was still there. Arrows seem buggy to me.

The sapling clipping is a known issue, and already assigned for fixing.

ARROWS ON ICE

I've tried replicating, and at first it looked like I may have -- until I started searching further around to the sides as well [turned out I had walked past a number of the arrows that deflected off to either the right or the left.

I then tried about 15 arrows (all from same place, angle, and strength) -- not all arrows land in the same area... out of 15 arrows, I found some landed near each other [although staggered and scattered]... others I thought I lost until I walked further, and then doubled back checking both sides as well... many had skipped off to the side. There were only 2 I didn't find that time, but I didn't look very far.

With full rest, the shots seemed to deflect a bit less off the expected direction. When more fatigued, I found the grouping was more spread out, and I had to search around more to locate the arrows.

NOTE: hitting an animal can also deflect the arrow considerably in any direction too...

I'll watch for additional reports, but from initial checking arrows won't necessarily just bounce or skid straight, so it may mean more searching. ;)

You can also see some previous reports for the same vanishing arrows in the PC version have also started finding them off to the sides: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=5674#p49644 ;)

The sapling clipping is a known issue, and already assigned for fixing.

ARROWS ON ICE

I've tried replicating, and at first it looked like I may have -- until I started searching further around to the sides as well [turned out I had walked past a number of the arrows that deflected off to either the right or the left.

I then tried about 15 arrows (all from same place, angle, and strength) -- not all arrows land in the same area... out of 15 arrows, I found some landed near each other [although staggered and scattered]... others I thought I lost until I walked further, and then doubled back checking both sides as well... many had skipped off to the side. There were only 2 I didn't find that time, but I didn't look very far.

With full rest, the shots seemed to deflect a bit less off the expected direction. When more fatigued, I found the grouping was more spread out, and I had to search around more to locate the arrows.

NOTE: hitting an animal can also deflect the arrow considerably in any direction too...

I'll watch for additional reports, but from initial checking arrows won't necessarily just bounce or skid straight, so it may mean more searching. ;)

You can also see some previous reports for the same vanishing arrows in the PC version have also started finding them off to the sides: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=5674#p49644 ;)

Very good, I will go back and try to duplicate the issue. I believe this to be true as well as I am finding most of them quite a ways from where I shot them days later. I also had no Idea rest vs fatigue is what caused such sway in the shot. (which is why I am a terrible shot because I run everywhere when I play). Good to know and thanks for the reply!

Archived