The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha — Hotfix to v.258

bethany

Hello,

We’ve hotfixed The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha to v.258 to introduce the following fixes on Steam and XBox One:

*Fixed bug with long survival times not increasing in very rare cases.

*Fixed issue with button collision being offset at certain resolutions.

*Fixed bug with Invert-Y not changing when modified in Options.

*Reduced brightness of snow at night.

*Fixed issue with falling out of world when loading save after falling through ice.

*Fixed problem with containers not restoring to correct location if previously stuck to ground.

*Fixed issue with confirmation dialog input being processed by UI underneath the dialog.

*Fixed bug with wolves sometimes making unprovoked attacks on players in Pilgrim Mode.

*Fixed issue with blood hit effects not playing on wolves.

*Increased wolf detection range for footstep audio when feeding.

*Fixed interior reset issue when spawning inside an interior (Xbox One only)

##END OF CHANGELIST##

Only minor issue I encountered with this v258 was when I first launched it and you see the screen - hit any key to continue. well I tried but it didn't work like it ignored my keyboard. click my mouse and it worked. So I thought try it again, quit game, started - same screen, hit any keyboard key and it worked fine again.

very odd yes! probably just a glitch but would be interesting if anyone of PC users had sim issues?

also still get that ECHO effect when I exist a building door.

Bug name (The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha — Hotfix to v.258)

Bug description (when I start the game a black screen appears)

OS (PC)

Repro steps: when I start the game a black screen appears, then nothing happens.

Debug Log (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByjOq ... XFZbVR3LTg)

I can't see your Log as I don't have permission to see it. You can attach the file in a post here.

does this mean you can't sneak up anymore on a feeding wolf?

It just means you can't walk/sprint up to a wolf that is feeding anymore which was the bug. You can still crouch sneak up on wildlife.

Jeremy

##END OF CHANGELIST##

So, i can store 2 rifles, a bow, all my ammo, food, firewood, crafting items and a stockpile of other useful items, and come back to my game and it WILL BE THERE FOR SURE? because i really love this game, but if i cant store stockpiles of items in a house without it all dissapearing, im refusing to play, which is a shame because i love it

##END OF CHANGELIST##

So, i can store 2 rifles, a bow, all my ammo, food, firewood, crafting items and a stockpile of other useful items, and come back to my game and it WILL BE THERE FOR SURE? because i really love this game, but if i cant store stockpiles of items in a house without it all dissapearing, im refusing to play, which is a shame because i love it

I store all my stuff in cabinets etc and have had no issues of them disappearing for good. Though what I do notice is sometimes now when I place new items in a cabinet - only the new ones show until I close it and re-open it again. bit strange, but I'm happy I have lost no items!

##END OF CHANGELIST##

That's the idea. If you ever run into this issue again, please let us know in the tech section. If it happens when you're using an interior with two doors (like the garage in CH or the house in PV), enter/exit through the other door, and your gear should return.

Hello, I have been having a lot of fun with the game its very challenging and fun. But as of today I am having some issues. When I first logged on I lost everything that wasn't in my personal inventory, I have survived about 10 days now and had a lot of stock, when I loaded back into the Pleasant Vally Farm House it was like I had never been there before. I tried backing out and loading back into the game and same thing. I then went around the house and picked through it, exited the house and went back in and same thing, the house reset back to as if I had never been there before. So I tried re-installing the game to see if that would fix it; Same thing the only thing that saved was my personal inventory. I am using the Xbox One version .258. Any one else having these issues?

This all started today 8/18/2015 As of yesterday everything was fine and nothing was reseting.

I am also having issues where the game doesn't start; It loads just about to the start screen where you can either start a new sandbox mode or load a previous game and I get sent to the xbox home screen.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

We’ve hotfixed The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha to v.258 to introduce the following fixes on Steam and XBox One:

*Fixed bug with long survival times not increasing in very rare cases.

*Fixed issue with button collision being offset at certain resolutions.

*Fixed bug with Invert-Y not changing when modified in Options.

*Reduced brightness of snow at night.

*Fixed issue with falling out of world when loading save after falling through ice.

*Fixed problem with containers not restoring to correct location if previously stuck to ground.

*Fixed issue with confirmation dialog input being processed by UI underneath the dialog.

*Fixed bug with wolves sometimes making unprovoked attacks on players in Pilgrim Mode.

*Fixed issue with blood hit effects not playing on wolves.

##END OF CHANGELIST##

Im at 600 daz and my hours are not increasing on the steam leaderboard no matter how much i play, is this a steam problem or hinterland problem, either way it would be nice if someone looked at the problem, thanx in advance, PS: i love this game :)

Im at 600 daz and my hours are not increasing on the steam leaderboard no matter how much i play, is this a steam problem or hinterland problem, either way it would be nice if someone looked at the problem, thanx in advance, PS: i love this game :)

The Steam leaderboards won't update your survival time until you've died.

• 4 weeks later...

Bug name (The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha — Hotfix to v.271)

OS (PC, Windows 7)

Repro steps: when I start the game a black screen appears, then nothing happens.

Debug Log :https://yadi.sk/i/vensbHMCjdtXt

P.S.: i can play the game on Windows XP without any problems

Bug name (The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha — Hotfix to v.271)

OS (PC, Windows 7)

Debug Log :https://yadi.sk/i/vensbHMCjdtXt

P.S.: i can play the game on Windows XP without any problems

The appropriate place to post this is in the technical forums. Please head there and report this to the support staff if ou have not already done so.

You can also try forcing the game to use DirectX 9.

Archived