Forage wood in caves?

octavian

It is a bit weird yah. I could understand finding branches, sticks, tinder, etc... In the fact it was likely used for nesting purposes, or just random pieces blown in by wind, or perhaps carried knocked in by someone or something at some point. However, that being said, I'd prefer not having the ability to harvest inside the cave, requiring a player to go outside, but that's just me.

Glad I'm not the only one who found it kinda strange to be able to harvest reclaimed wood in caves of all places. Along those lines, I also think it's kinda funky that the closed in porch of the farmstead has its own stash of 20 harvestable reclaimed wood separate from the rest of the house, where is all that wood coming from in there? :shock: unless the character is literally ripping the floorboards up or something...which can't be good for property value :lol:

Despite the comparison with the real world makes it somewhat odd, in-game it makes perfect sense that in a cave youl only find small pieces of wood you can use to craft a trap or that won't burn for very long.

The main issue is the graphic rapresentation of the reclaimed wood itself: if it were a more generic kind of wood/branch it would not arise these kind of questions.

Archived