Am I the only one that doesn't like the new UI changes?

chococat9

I'm not liking having to select "actions" and be taken to a diff menu just to repair/harvest items. It feels like an extra unnecessary step. And then, when I'm done repairing, I have to back out of the menu myself to get back to my inventory. I don't know why, but I just find it bothersome.

I also don't like that when it's time to choose a tool to repair with, it's always on my fishing tackle by default and I have to cycle through all of my fishing tackle EVERY time to get to my sewing/tool kits. It should be on the "correct" tool by default. Why would I want to use up my fishing tackle when I have 32 sewing kits?

So between those two things, when it's time to sit down and repair my clothes and gear, I'm just irritated at all the extra clicking I'm having to do when there's no benefit to it.

While I agree, I also understand it's necessary for now because the devs need to make changes to the UI in order to set up controller capabilities as well.

Once they have the required functions running, they'll likely be able to streamline things a bit more again for keyboard users afterwards (hopefully)...

They're still working on various UI settings during the alpha stage, so a lot of the changes are also works in progress [i.e. mid change versions]

I think you bring up some good points but keep in mind this is still being ironed out. For me, as I've watched the UI change over the last few months I can tell they are going for consistency across the board (which is slowly coming to pass) The downside is that some portions of the interface being streamlined to match this new consistent theme may not fit quite right at first. That and things like setting the default tool chosen for various actions will most certainly be refined based on player feedback over time. I'm pretty confident they'll sort it out.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

I like being able to select harvest or repair on the same menu as the take off or wear. The separate tool to use menu is a pain as well... I see other people saying they are going to streamline this but I just want to give feedback the less clicks the better.

You're not the only one. The funny thing is that, everything is so big in the actions UI, presumably because players with a controller would be farther from the screen, but everything else in every other UI is comparatively small and would not be legible from the distance that would require the actions UI to be so big. Unless the entire UI will get changed. I'm compiling a list for a UI wish post. Maybe it will get better.

While i like the visually changes of the UI i too think, that it is overcomplicated now. Too many unnecessary clicks now, that might get annoying the longer you play.

However: i think the Devs are trying new things to improve the UI ... some things turn out to be really good and others turn out to be not so good. So i am almost sure UI will change over time until release ...

It feels like is an extra unnecessary step.

Fixed it for you.

Whatever happened to the "all" button for transferring stuff. Not the "transfer all", which is still there, but the one that made the number being transferred the highest possible?

Archived