Building fires inside buildings

idkfa

Hello

After a couple of plays, I really think it is a bad choice not to allow building of fires inside buildings.

I am not sure if this is because of some technical limitations, but from a survival perspective, it does not make sense. I would be inclined to understand preventing building a fireplace in a cabin with wooden floor, but for example the dam building is concrete and it really destroys your suspension of disbelief when you have to build a fireplace outside a perfectly fine building and sleep there.

If we take the survival aspect to the limit, I would also have no issues with starting a fire in a small wooden cabin IF I WAS FREEZING TO DEATH...

There is always a way to limit the fire (build it in a sauce pan or a metal bucket or anything non-flammable), even a small fire is better than nothing when you are freezing to death.

From a game perspective, this kind of fire could have a chance to destroy the building if you are not near it or sleeping (that could discourage these types of fire).

What do you think?

IDKFA

I was wondering the same thing. There's a lot of space in the dam building, so the lack of ventilation wouldn't be a problem with a short-term fire. In real life, you could arrange ventilation by leaving the door slightly open, which would still be better than being outside.

Wood Fires let out a lot of smoke, without a chimney, the room would saturate with smoke quickly. Even in the dam, after an hour, the whole upper level would be unbreathable, unless the fire was very, very small.

Keep in mind the lamp does give off heat.

I was thinking a similar thing.There are a couple of places where broken down log buildings exist. Why couldn't I build a fire in such a building? the partial walls give shelter. There is no danger from the smoke because the roof is open to the sky. If the walls burn it's just more fuel.

• Hinterland
I was thinking a similar thing.There are a couple of places where broken down log buildings exist. Why couldn't I build a fire in such a building? the partial walls give shelter. There is no danger from the smoke because the roof is open to the sky. If the walls burn it's just more fuel.

You should be able to build fires in those locations. If not, it is a bug.

You will be happy then when you find the Broken Shelter with the wood stove in the corner :) Always good place to hunker down ;)

But you can build a fire in Any building that has snow on the ground.

You will be happy then when you find the Broken Shelter with the wood stove in the corner :) Always good place to hunker down ;)

Except that is one of the places where a wolf can come through the wall and you can't even see it coming. Got killed while trying to start a fire there.

Guest Alan Lawrance

Except that is one of the places where a wolf can come through the wall and you can't even see it coming. Got killed while trying to start a fire there.

TarjaS -- that bug is fixed for the next build, so you will be able to feel a lot more secure there in the future!

Archived