I love the game... but..

Dkenz

i have well over 1000 hrs in the game.. and honestly i love it.. however its is extremely unbalanced. I realize its all random loot and whatnot.  But how in the entire game is there not one single pair of insulated underwear?  (i havnt checked everywhere yet)  Im on interloper mind you.. so i know loot isnt common.  but how can i find 200 matches and 4 pair of sneakers in PV alone?  Ive literally only gone to 5 regions i have well over 400 matches already?  wtf is that.  My stalker and voyager run with over 500 days have allot less. And i havnt even explored half of it yet.  5 mackinaw jackets..  yep  thats 1 per region. And im on day 85.  (which is my longest so far)  But again.. no underwear.  My balls are freezing.  For the love of god.. let my guy craft some underwear.  haha.     This interloper run has been crazy good btw.  I already have the best of everything..  except no undies.   double bear has been keeping my boys from becoming blue.  lol

Side note..  Hinterland should really make a Long Dark 2.  but make it in a area that has seasons.   Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer.  Many of us that have survived more than a year think the temp should change a little.  Just my opinion.  Keep up the good work Hinterland!!

• Like 1

That's kind of the point of random loot..  keeps you on your toes and makes you have to figure out how to manage what you have..  5 mackinaws seems a bit odd though..  and you can guarantee that whatever you really need will only turn up when its nearly too late to use them lol...

Welcome to the forum.😊

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dkenz said:

But how in the entire game is there not one single pair of insulated underwear?

That's the nature of randomness.   Being "random" means that some small percentage of the time, you won't find what you're looking for even after checking in twenty different places it might drop.  It's how the game is supposed to work.

I've gone to over 100 days in interloper without finding a second wool sock.

• Upvote 2

I think you answered your own question to where the last thermal underwear is; probably in the other half of GB haha. 

I'm not sure if it's possible to get no extra underwear spawns in the world, but it is possible to get from beachcombing. You'll only find it in containers though, so you need to get lucky. Getting that second pair is not impossible. I personally enjoy the random loot since it changes the way you play. 

The great thing about this game is that no two runs are identical. It'd be boring to always get your clothing maxed out in the early game Interloper. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Baltazar said:

There is one guaranteed thermal underwear spawn in loper that I know, I dont want to spoil it though. 

Spoiler

Put it in spoiler text, so people have to click it to see it. The eye icon at the far right end of the text formatting options at the top ^^^.

Screenshot_17.thumb.png.5d277713c5369ebed6dcb4a044d566cc.png

Edited by ThePancakeLady
Added an image

If only it was actually random.  Just my opinion, but I would love to have truly random.  I hate knowing that I'll find a bedroll, mag lens, hammer, and hacksaw somewhere in Mystery Lake, or a number of other places.  Many new locations were added a little while back and that was great, but it's still fairly fixed.  I don't expect every run to go as planned and going through a number of lives before finding the necessary survival gear would be a big game changer.  I know most people won't agree with that, but I really enjoy the difficulty and not knowing if I'm going to find the things I need before I freeze to death.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I hate knowing that I'll find a bedroll, mag lens, hammer, and hacksaw somewhere in Mystery Lake, or a number of other places.

It would be nice to have a guarenteed spawn toggle in Custom difficulty settings.