Pet rabbit

sierra 117

I think it would be really cool when they add new craftables for base decoration, if we could build a small rabbit cage.

Then when you stun a rabbit and pick it up instead of the release/kill option , if you have a cage in inventory we could capture it instead.

Then take it back to you're base and let it roam around.

Would also be cool if we had to keep it fed with cattails and/or rosehips or something.

What do you all think. 

Good idea or ridiculous idea?

• Upvote 3

Not a ridiculous idea. Just one that has no appeal for me, for the same reason I have no interest in having a dog or wolf as a pet. It's enough to try to keep myself fed and watered and in good condition. I have no interest in having to care for a pet or pets as well. Leave the region to go loot several others, or to go do some forging and something happens that I get laid up away from whatever base Bunny Foo Foo is trapped in- bunnies don't do well if they aren't fed and watered for days or weeks on end. Coming back to a dead pet would kinda kill the coziness factor.

Fine idea, just not one I want- if it's optional as a toggle in the main menu settings so I can opt out- okay. 

Edited by ThePancakeLady
Typonese, always typonese
  • Upvote 1

@sierra 117
This is a fine wish list item. :)

On 10/18/2023 at 10:17 AM, ManicManiac said:

I don't mind the idea of being able to befriend herbivores since by and large they are not hostile (the notable exception of course is the Moose) and do not seem  to be affected by the first flare or the subsequent auroras (as least not that we know of since they tend to be gone at night already anyway).

I think the only thing similar I've ever asked for, was the ability to walk while holding a captured rabbit... and that was just so I could then release it in another location (like inside the Mountaineer's Hut 🤭).

Discussing our wishes for game is what the thread is for :) ... besides, one never knows.
In the past I'd wished for Tip-Ups for Ice Fishing and the ability to break down and remove spent campfires... and ultimately, I ended up getting both. :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

I like the idea, but I dont want it as a "pet" instead, having and breeding rabbits for a semi- stable food source should be a thing, and along with that they could add rabbit starvation, it is a condition where rabbit meat, when you only eat that, fills you up but gives little to none sustinence, Im pretty sure its known as protein poisoning as well. Having them at home would be a bit troubling, so keeping them in a small enclosure outside would make sence, anything from a small wire fencing to cages could work, provided there is a roof. Keep in mind that they get hunted by predatory birds and small critters like martens or foxes, so we would also need some fixes to those kinds of issues. I would also love to see selective breeding. Breeding specyfic rabbits to get more yeild over time. There are still many things worth mentioning for keeping rabbits, but I guess I said enough