Stalker vs Sundred Pass First Impression

TLDR: No. End Thread.

Ok, let me expand on that...400 Timberwolves everywhere you go. You dispatch a pack, two more show up. I went in with 20 arrows, dropped more than my fair share of wolves, I had a handful left after attempting to fend off more and more packs before I fell. Don't get me wrong, I felt like Legolas taking down an entire Orc Army by myself...but that just...it wasn't as fun as it sounds.

RIP 300+ day Survivor. You'll be remembered fondly.

Edited by Merrak
More commentary added.
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Merrak
It's always rough to lose a long lived survivor under any circumstances... perhaps doubly so when getting relentlessly mauled by Timberwolves.
Hopefully you start another run soon.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I have...but now that the shock has worn off, I just realized that it's the only one of my playthroughs so far to have everything else completed...so seeing the end of Tales has been put on hold for so time...

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2024 at 9:40 PM, Merrak said:

I have...but now that the shock has worn off, I just realized that it's the only one of my playthroughs so far to have everything else completed...so seeing the end of Tales has been put on hold for so time...

Lame, sorry that happened. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, I think if you completed the previous 2 tales...you don't have to redo them to retry the 3rd tale.

Anyone know if that's true? Of course, you won't have the rewards from those tales.

It might be possible to jump start a new stalker save (rushing like TWM/goldmine) and you could be back in force under 30 days. I bet knowing what you know now about the region, you might be able to get farther even with a less skilled up survivor

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, darkscaryforest said:

It might be possible to jump start a new stalker save (rushing like TWM/goldmine) and you could be back in force under 30 days. I bet knowing what you know now about the region, you might be able to get farther even with a less skilled up survivor

I started almost immediately on a new Stalker and am pretty much geared up and ready to go. I want to make a sweeping pass through AC/TWM and then straight FA to get the Radio. I don't think I'll have much trouble getting back up to speed fully, and yeah, having a bit of knowledge about the map now certainly helps.

22 hours ago, Leeanda said:

If you've done the first two tales once on any run already then no you don't need to do them again..

Thank you for this answer. I'm curious how that would work though? Do you still need the Radio/Trasmitters repaired? If I don't have to do any of that, I can bring my new Stalker run there, otherwise I do have a Voyager run that's done most of the expansion stuff (still need to wrap up ZoC), but that one has about 50 days before I risk it (wrapping up 500 days).

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Merrak said:

I started almost immediately on a new Stalker and am pretty much geared up and ready to go. I want to make a sweeping pass through AC/TWM and then straight FA to get the Radio. I don't think I'll have much trouble getting back up to speed fully, and yeah, having a bit of knowledge about the map now certainly helps.

Thank you for this answer. I'm curious how that would work though? Do you still need the Radio/Trasmitters repaired? If I don't have to do any of that, I can bring my new Stalker run there, otherwise I do have a Voyager run that's done most of the expansion stuff (still need to wrap up ZoC), but that one has about 50 days before I risk it (wrapping up 500 days).

I haven't done most of the new tales but I know you need the radio for it.. so I assume the forsaken tower needs doing too..