Manual saves on console

RobotDino11

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but on console the only way to save the game is by taking an injury, sleeping/passing time, and entering a loading screen. I feel there should be a way to save on your own. I mean it's not like if you die or something bad happens you could roll back on it, as if you die, your save gets deleted, and if something bad happens the game saves for you. I just think it could be handy for when I'm in the middle of nowhere and need to set down the game for a bit. Again, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, as I could use the ability to do this.

• Upvote 2

It's not just consoles. Saves work the same way on PC. I think, the game should auto-save when you return to main menu or pause. But I also heard that would increase the risk of saves being corrupted. Like, if you save more often, you risk more.

If you were playing on PC, you could install a mod that adds more auto-saves, but when it comes to consoles, I don't think there's a solution other than asking devs to change things.

13 minutes ago, Ghurcb said:

I think, the game should auto-save when you return to main menu or pause. But I also heard that would increase the risk of saves being corrupted. Like, if you save more often, you risk more.

I also think that it should be implemented. But that's kind of where I was coming from with the idea of manual saves, as it would allow people to decide on that risk. 

19 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

If you’re on Xbox you can just shut down the console and when you boot back up you’ll be where you were in quick resume

Yes, but in a situation where I may want to go play another game, I would have to continue playing in order to get to a save point, or sacrifice progress because quick resume doesn't work if I open another game.

I wonder how well it would work for the game to quick save whenever you leave the game, and then delete that save whenever you load it back up. That way you can't go back to the same save more than once (it would create a new save whenever you leave next). I can imagine it may cause problems if the game is force closed but it's a thought. I know of a game that does this but you lose the whole save if you force close.