Memento issue?

Leeanda

I was looking through the page this morning and it said 45/44.  So I checked with wiki against the maps to see where I was missing the ,what I thought was the last one,.I headed off to get it and after I did I checked the page again to find it said 46/44..   I checked with wiki again and I'm still missing one in ash so why is the number still not tallying? 

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks

• Upvote 1

Dunno if it's just me, but the way such tally numbers are usually listed (in general I mean, maybe not specifically in the game), all of your counts would seem to suggest that you already have more than the full amount - 45, 46 and 47 respectively out of 44. Like, that's the number that increased each time you found one. Maybe there's just a wee count mismatch in the game itself?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, artmunki said:

Dunno if it's just me, but the way such tally numbers are usually listed (in general I mean, maybe not specifically in the game), all of your counts would seem to suggest that you already have more than the full amount - 45, 46 and 47 respectively out of 44. Like, that's the number that increased each time you found one. Maybe there's just a wee count mismatch in the game itself?

Makes sense.. there's Definitely something the wrong way round...

I did start the run when they were bugged so maybe that's confused it .

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Makes sense.. there's Def something the wrong way round...

I did start the run when they were bugged so maybe that's confused it .

That just made me think - much as I hate dying in this game so much more than in any other game I've ever played, I might actually be low-key looking forward to dying sometime next year, wherever my current run is at the time. See, I only ever have one game on the go at a time, and it'll actually be kinda cool to start a fresh game when you know all of Tales and its additions, and the last chapter of Wintermute with whatever new that might bring, are all present and available (and presumably patched by then too) in your new game. Might just take the sting out of that particular death a tiny wee bit.  ^_^

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, artmunki said:

That just made me think - much as I hate dying in this game so much more than in any other game I've ever played, I might actually be low-key looking forward to dying sometime next year, wherever my current run is at the time. See, I only ever have one game on the go at a time, and it'll actually be kinda cool to start a fresh game when you know all of Tales and its additions, and the last chapter of Wintermute with whatever new that might bring, are all present and available (and presumably patched by then too) in your new game. Might just take the sting out of that particular death a tiny wee bit.  ^_^

I don't know whether perseverance will be added to survival or not but it'd be good if it was...  I can't think that far ahead though,I'm one whos  hoping it'll  carry on a lot longer... I know all things end but one can dream lol...     

Aren't you going to try the cheat death?  I know there's a few who feel it's not for them

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I don't know whether perseverance will be added to survival or not but it'd be good if it was...  I can't think that far ahead though,I'm one whos  hoping it'll  carry on a lot longer... I know all things end but one can dream lol...     

Aren't you going to try the cheat death?  I know there's a few who feel it's not for them

Well, Blackrock was added when the story took us there, along with the vest & noisemakers, so I figure the same will likely happen when Wintermute gets to Perseverance too (that was the first region to be added after I started playing). At this point it'd seem kinda weird to have a region that only exists in Story mode but not in Survival, tho I guess we can't count it out. Not totally counting out something more after Wintermute is finished either - we can but dream!  ^_^

And I haven't quite decided about the upcoming death-dodging mechanic yet. I love that there's to be penalties for it, and I'm very curious to find out what they'll be and how they'll work, but I'm just not sure yet whether I'll be taking advantage of it. Think I'll just have to leave that decision to the fateful moment when it comes. And I do kinda enjoy the initial desperation of a new game, before you've got all your gear and bases sorted out, so there's always that to look forward to if I don't hit the switch.  ^_^

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2024 at 5:00 PM, Leeanda said:

I was looking through the page this morning and it said 45/44.  So I checked with wiki against the maps to see where I was missing the ,what I thought was the last one,.I headed off to get it and after I did I checked the page again to find it said 46/44..   I checked with wiki again and I'm still missing one in ash so why is the number still not tallying? 

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks

The journal entry counter has not been updated in some time, I’ve brought this up before it doesn’t account for mementos and notes/entries added from tales and tales maps I’ll grab a snap tomorrow for you of my competed run totals ❤️🙃

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, artmunki said:

Well, Blackrock was added when the story took us there, along with the vest & noisemakers, so I figure the same will likely happen when Wintermute gets to Perseverance too (that was the first region to be added after I started playing). At this point it'd seem kinda weird to have a region that only exists in Story mode but not in Survival, tho I guess we can't count it out. Not totally counting out something more after Wintermute is finished either - we can but dream!  ^_^

And I haven't quite decided about the upcoming death-dodging mechanic yet. I love that there's to be penalties for it, and I'm very curious to find out what they'll be and how they'll work, but I'm just not sure yet whether I'll be taking advantage of it. Think I'll just have to leave that decision to the fateful moment when it comes. And I do kinda enjoy the initial desperation of a new game, before you've got all your gear and bases sorted out, so there's always that to look forward to if I don't hit the switch.  ^_^

It would be the ultimate betrayal of after a decade of building up Perseverance they didn’t bring it to survival but I think that’s highly unlikely 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

The journal entry counter has not been updated in some time, I’ve brought this up before it doesn’t account for mementos and notes/entries added from tales and tales maps I’ll grab a snap tomorrow for you of my competed run totals ❤️🙃

I would truly love love love it if they finally updated these item counts and the stats page in general..... # of ptarmigans killed, correct % of world explored, etc. 

(Just noticed that # of ptarmigans killed was listed on https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Journal surely this is a mistake?)

2 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

Thank you ,that's very much appreciated...   

I wanted to get all the collectables completed on this run as it's my one and only attempt at 1000 days. So I don't usually notice that page much.. but now I can see that most aren't working very well..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

I would truly love love love it if they finally updated these item counts and the stats page in general..... # of ptarmigans killed, correct % of world explored, etc. 

(Just noticed that # of ptarmigans killed was listed on https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Journal surely this is a mistake?)

Might be something targeted for part 5, im still holding out hope they go back to a more tangible journal but they could be dropping a clean up of the journal with the wildlife refresh since there probably going to be adding a tab for both the camera and photomode mechanics and for safehouse customization, my guess anyway but we might have to wait till PM comes to survival and they just get it all updated to the end of wintermute and tales before we go into the unknown period 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Thank you ,that's very much appreciated...   

I wanted to get all the collectables completed on this run as it's my one and only attempt at 1000 days. So I don't usually notice that page much.. but now I can see that most aren't working very well..

This is 100% complete to my knowledge up to and including Zone of Contam0BEE520A-9244-41EB-B2A0-0A937E613FFD.thumb.jpeg.08c2cae17252a77503f33cdba3817350.jpegination 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Enigmaecho said:

This is 100% complete to my knowledge up to and including Zone of Contam0BEE520A-9244-41EB-B2A0-0A937E613FFD.thumb.jpeg.08c2cae17252a77503f33cdba3817350.jpegination 

Thank you...  It is a bit out of date then..There are mementos in tft ?     

47 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Bolt cutters, for ex, count as mementos, right? 

I just presumed they were the black rock ones.from the mine..  

Honestly I have no idea any more lol.. I need more tea this morning 😁

7 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

Yea a few, a couple of keys to storage containers and the bolt cutters

I have the bolt cutters,thought they were from the br mine though, and I've done buried echoes..are they separate or part of it?  I picked up so much stuff in the zone I don't know what's what lol..

Also thank you😊

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I have the bolt cutters,thought they were from the br mine though, and I've done buried echoes..are they separate or part of it?  I picked up so much stuff in the zone I don't know what's what lol..

Also thank you😊

I might be mixing up mines honestly bc of the gas, it been a few months since I did buried echoes last, but I thought you got a set of cutters in both, I know there are a number of memento notes and keys to a few containers. One has gold one has another sport bow 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Enigmaecho said:

I might be mixing up mines honestly bc of the gas, it been a few months since I did buried echoes last, but I thought you got a set of cutters in both, I know there are a number of memento notes and keys to a few containers. One has gold one has another sport bow 

Ah I see..I remember the gold ,but I found a bow on a table ,can't remember if that's a sports bow or the other variant though..

But thank you..

• 2 weeks later...

Still missing 2-3 mementos...no idea where as I've searched the zone thoroughly too..

And despite scribbling like a mad man at both signal fires it's still not registering..  I feel it will stay incomplete on my collectables page.