The Long Dark Guide Series

Hello, fellow survivors!

Someone stole Lonelywolf as an account name here before I ever made mine, but it is, in fact, me, Lonelywolf. 

That's a lot of commas.

Anyway, I'm working on remaking the entirety of my old guide series on The Long Dark. If you're interested, you can go see that old series here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-d-gSJChE1y2RjvSjuxqre7Kh8yBWjLB

The new series can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-d-gSJChE1xKMeea42zIIixShPsuDRSx

My question to all you fine folks is this: What was missing or wrong in my first guides? I have plenty of ideas, but I want to make sure this new series is best serving players of TLD. My goal is to keep each video on topic, relatively short, and concise to the topic at hand. Oh, and did I mention spoiler-light? 

I've got the first 4 videos of that new guide series going up (or already out) this week, but before I move on beyond that, I want to gather some of the community's input on the topic. What did you not know as a new player (besides map knowledge and related items) that would have really helped you out? What was missing from most guides you found online? What information was most important and most impactful? I want to know so I can make sure this guide series best serves new players and helps get them up to speed without spoiling the fun of exploring the quiet apocalypse or burning out because they might think it's too hard to get into. 

Anyway, look below for an individual posting for each video as well from the new series (I'm not posting the old ones here) and let me know what you guys think!

Darn commas. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Nothing missing or wrong, IMHO.

Just- you are going to have to explain to new players how to mountain goat, lol. You do it so easily and make it look like your survivor is just covered with "stick to anything" velcro. *Imagines new players falling to severe injury or death trying to copy you, not realizing that it takes practice to perfect the technique...* 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Nothing missing or wrong, IMHO.

Just- you are going to have to explain to new players how to mountain goat, lol. You do it so easily and make it look like your survivor is just covered with "stick to anything" velcro. *Imagines new players falling to severe injury or death trying to copy you, not realizing that it takes practice to perfect the technique...* 😆

Hmmm ok adding a *How to Mountain Goat* video to the "needs to be made" list!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I'm sure many newer players may find your series very helpful.

Heh. Some of us long-timers find Lonely's videos helpful too. Little reminders of "You could have tried it this way...", or "Have you tried *this* yet?". His videos on YT have made me think about new ways of doing things on a regular basis, especially if I feel like I am in a rut of always doing the same things the same ways. 

@Snowtippedwolf- Arooooooooo!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Heh. Some of us long-timers find Lonely's videos helpful too. Little reminders of "You could have tried it this way...", or "Have you tried *this* yet?". His videos on YT have made me think about new ways of doing things on a regular basis, especially if I feel like I am in a rut of always doing the same things the same ways. 

@Snowtippedwolf- Arooooooooo!

2 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Also yes... I absolutely did not mean to understate the quality of the videos you've put together.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

This is by far some of the most impactful compliments/feedback I've gotten. Really appreciate it, it means the world! 

I always strive for quality and I'm glad to hear that even veterans appreciate some of the content. Thanks for making my night, guys!

• Upvote 3

These are really great videos,helpful for new and older players,or those crossing from story mode.. there are a few I know who've struggled with survival after playing wintermute so these will really help.

• Upvote 1