Flute

Posted (edited)

A Westerm Concert Flute thats made out of metal and has no keys on middle joint. it has a standard flute headjoint, keyless body with 6 finger hole(But this will make it more difficult to play semitones) and standard C or B footjoint.

it can be played as a instrument, or as a weapon for fighting against wolf. Playing the flute can attract animals to a certain extent, and the more you play, the higher chance you attract a deers and rabits, The less likely the animal (deers and rabits) to escape, the less chance you attract a wolfs or bears.

.The flute is about 70 cm long, so it will cause more damaged to the wolf than using a Revolver. 

.The keyless design is to prevent the flute from becoming damaged and unusable after a fight with a wolf.

.Flute cleaning kits can be found and often come with flutes. it improves the condition of the flute.

.The flute's effectiveness can also change based on the player's condition: the lower the player's fatigue level, the more effective the flute is,

Flute cannot be played when suffering from Sprained Wrist.

.The flute can also be used to kill time, but it will slightly speed up the decay of fatigue and increase the player's flute skills.

.The flute can be found in all games except Interloper mode. It may spawn anywhere. Its spawn probability is similar to that of guns (Based on the game's disaster background, there aren't many people playing the flute.), but the probability of it appearing in a church is greater. (As an ensemble instrument with piano)

.When the flute's condition reaches 0%, the flute cannot be used. Not cleaning up after playing, or fighting the wolf will degrade the condition of the flute.

.Flute manuals and sheet music can be found. The manual helps improve the player's flute skills, while the sheet music allows the player to play more soothing (or upbeat) pieces. Playing soothing pieces can give you a greater advantage in attracting animals, while upbeat pieces has a certain probability of scaring away hostile animals(It's not as effective as a gun).

.A wooden flute can be made by players, is the same system as a keyless metal flute but does not has a footjoint. Compared with metal flutes, it cannot be used as a weapon to fight wolves, and its durability is not as good as metal flutes if it is not well maintained.

.The wooden flutes made before professional metal flutes were discovered and copied were not very in tune.

Edited by Luczhang1109
  • Upvote 1

That is so useless in my opinion for game that so focused on survival. What why would I mean its just common sense if u were in situation to live or die would u use a flute and be bothered to make it?!?? Better option would be a spear XD

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure about crafting a flute out of metal, but maybe one carved from a sapling or a branch? It would not be usable as a blunt weapon (too fragile) but could be something that can be used to fight off Cabin Fever (risk or the full affliction). Musical instruments have been asked for by some players for a while now, and a rustic carved wooden flute similar to those used by First Nations and Native American tribes for centuries would fit with the setting of the game, providing some immersion value and again, a possible way to deal with cabin fever or as an option for passing time.

AlanStockPhotography-1460851.thumb.jpg.020d8528de02e0b53532ab775b99dce8.jpg

file.jpg.d6d054da6c6a707afc98bfe293c4e2f3.jpg

A new skill "Carving"- the flute or small statues (like one of the mods has). Maybe not in this game, but maybe for TLD 2?

Edited by ThePancakeLady
formatting error
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

...or even an ocarina, if we are talking about possibilities.

The ocarina (otherwise known as a potato flute) is a wind musical instrument; it is a type of vessel flute.  Variations exist, but a typical ocarina is an enclosed space with four to twelve finger holes and a mouthpiece that projects from the body. It is traditionally made from clay or ceramic, but other materials are also used, such as plastic, wood, glass, metal, or bone.

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-Link.jpg

Also... for those who might think, "what's the point?"
Well, when humans get proficient in their survival tasks, and they are successful enough at it that basic needs are more-or-less covered... historically humans have also invested effort in finding (or inventing) things not related to hunting just for entertainment or perhaps even to sooth/ease the mental stresses of a hard life of survival.

So, just from that perspective... sure, why not?  I wouldn't object to the addition of things like wood carving, playing a found or crafted instrument, or even "reading" non-skill books as additional means to "pass time."  After all, right now the game suggests (sound effects and all) that we have a pack of cards with us that we use to pass time... so sure, why not other things of the like? :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I really love this idea, wood carved, metal made from pipe scrap, reed flute, potato ocarina so many ways to do it, not sure the coding practicality but yes a flute would be so nice for something like passing time, set the time to pass 8 hours sit and play the flute and watch the scenery change…so immersive, off topic that box that passes the time and blocks the view rn is such a waste of a good view big pet peeve 😂  I thought about it and as a duh moment i remembered that Reed flutes are literally made of cattails

Edited by Enigmaecho
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, phobiac said:

That is so useless in my opinion for game that so focused on survival. What why would I mean its just common sense if u were in situation to live or die would u use a flute and be bothered to make it?!?? Better option would be a spear XD

Psychological wellbeing is just as important as physical wellbeing that’s why we have things like cabin fever and insomnia to simulate but for an in game mechanics reason when you’re going for the will to live or just a long run there’s a lot of passing time and idle sitting, there’s a lot of sitting to enjoy views, waiting for fishing tip ups, there comes a point in every run where you switch from immediate needs mentally to just living a day to day

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

I'm not sure about crafting a flute out of metal, but maybe one carved from a sapling or a branch? It would not be usable as a blunt weapon (too fragile) but could be something that can be used to fight off Cabin Fever (risk or the full affliction). Musical instruments have been asked for by some players for a while now, and a rustic carved wooden flute similar to those used by First Nations and Native American tribes for centuries would fit with the setting of the game, providing some immersion value and again, a possible way to deal with cabin fever or as an option for passing time.

AlanStockPhotography-1460851.thumb.jpg.020d8528de02e0b53532ab775b99dce8.jpg

file.jpg.d6d054da6c6a707afc98bfe293c4e2f3.jpg

A new skill "Carving"- the flute or small statues (like one of the mods has). Maybe not in this game, but maybe for TLD 2?

I agree, wooden flutes can be made with enough skill. Metal flutes are more durable and can be used as a weapon against wolves.

and the wooden flutes made before professional metal flutes were discovered and copied were not very in tune.

Edited by Luczhang1109
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

...or even an ocarina, if we are talking about possibilities.

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-Link.jpg

Also... for those who might think, "what's the point?"
Well, when humans get proficient in their survival tasks, and they are successful enough at it that basic needs are more-or-less covered... historically humans have also invested effort in finding (or inventing) things not related to hunting just for entertainment or perhaps even to sooth/ease the mental stresses of a hard life of survival.

So, just from that perspective... sure, why not?  I wouldn't object to the addition of things like wood carving, playing a found or crafted instrument, or even "reading" non-skill books as additional means to "pass time."  After all, right now the game suggests (sound effects and all) that we have a pack of cards with us that we use to pass time... so sure, why not other things of the like? :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Yes, entertainment can relieve a person's stress and make them feel that life is not so boring(Compared with direct killing time).

• Upvote 1