Chainmail

Semple Fi

Armor option

Can be crafted in 70 hours at a normal work bench, 15 with a milling machine during an Aurora.  30 pieces of scrap metal.  

Stats: Armor 50%, mobility -10%, 8kg weight, no warmth/wind/waterproof bonus.  

Alternative to the body armor, repairable, lower mobility penalty than the best or animal coats for balance.  

I mean, we’ve basically gone back to the dark ages with the loss of power anyway so……. Why not?

IMG_3577.webp.d5e63531f642b3a1cfc22f029caff9b0.webpIMG_3578.thumb.jpeg.59cbdb922f2391e6ec8b34add0994447.jpeg

IMG_3578.png

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

I mean, we’ve basically gone back to the dark ages with the loss of power anyway so……. Why not?

Loss of power, except during Auroras, when wires and electronics come to life, and wearing this set up would turn your character into a walking lightning rod that would attract all of the electricity in the air and flowing through the broken wires?

What could go wrong? ☠️

🤣

• Upvote 2

now i'm just thinking of one series where they made makeshift carbon fiber in setting with no modern inventions using paper and plastic they made. doing that could make a better usage for all the newspapers after no longer need tinder and you could turn tinder into paper with a little water and finding plastics shouldnt be to hard

so making armor out of that?

it would be a bit bulky so movement penalty, fairly lightweight though, decent wind resistance but very poor general warmth. and it would take a while to craft. very much reduce bleed chance but not repairable, better armor then the typical animal hide, but less so then ballistic vest

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

It takes me about two minutes to build and assemble one ring. For a long-sleeved chainmail shirt with 8mm rings, I need about 30.000 rings. That equals 1000 hours of work. If somebody is doing this 8 hours a day, he will need 125 days.

Multiply that with 2/3 and you get it for a short sleeved chainmail.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2024 at 4:07 PM, Semple Fi said:

Armor option

Can be crafted in 70 hours at a normal work bench, 15 with a milling machine during an Aurora.  30 pieces of scrap metal.  

Stats: Armor 50%, mobility -10%, 8kg weight, no warmth/wind/waterproof bonus.  

Alternative to the body armor, repairable, lower mobility penalty than the best or animal coats for balance.  

IMG_3577.webp.d5e63531f642b3a1cfc22f029caff9b0.webpIMG_3578.thumb.jpeg.59cbdb922f2391e6ec8b34add0994447.jpeg

IMG_3578.png

I hate to be a downer but this would take a talented black smith which Will and Astrid are not just for example look at the improvised knife/Hatches all it is a sharpend peice of metal.

4 hours ago, TyTheFly said:

I hate to be a downer but this would take a talented black smith which Will and Astrid are not just for example look at the improvised knife/Hatches all it is a sharpened piece of metal.

That might be true but……. How do you know that neither Will nor Astrid LARP?? 🤣