Tea Kettle (we see them around here and there)

UTC-10

Capacity 1 liter

Allows brewing four of the same drinks (resulting in four drinks of 0.10 liter each) at the same time for +1 minutes per additional cup brewed (so 7-9 (whatever it is) minutes for one cup, +3 minutes for four cups). Uses 1 liter of potable water since boiling non-potable water into potable water takes 21 minutes.  If the devs want to give the option, they could allow for halting the process as the water boiling phase starts and allow the tea or coffee to be added at that point.  Of course if the boiling did not reach the required time the tea or coffee might be either 1) non-potable i.e. drinking gives chance of illness along with the benefit of the drink or 2) the brewing drinks are completely ruined (so don't let it fail to reach boiling).  There is also the cost of getting back only 0.4 liters of the 1.0 liter initially used.  

Can be used to melt snow taking 21 minutes and then boil the melted snow in 21 minutes.  

Cannot be used to cook food except maybe for soups.  

• Upvote 5
  • Like 1

Not sure we need a tea kettle with all of the ways we have to make water and cook teas/coffee- but I do agree that being able to brew a half of an insulated flask's capacity at one time (especially on a single burner stove) would be nice. I have several old steel camp coffee pots that could make 4-6 cups of coffee or water at once, so this would be a similar kind of thing.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

they could allow for halting the process as the water boiling phase starts and allow the tea or coffee to be added at that point

I don't think that would work without tweaking the mechanics... at this point, the water is still non-potable. Now, if Hinterland were to add a distinction between "boiled" water and "boiling" water, sort of like a "fourth phase", then that might work, and to boot we'd be able to drink hot water :).

• Upvote 1

Yes it would require more work to be able to do the secondary of add tea or coffee to the melted snow (non-potable water) but that was just a possible option.  I don't think they would do that (more work) but it can't be said it wasn't suggested.  ☺️