Your favorite location

I can honestly say I don't like anywhere in mountain town except maybe the pond behind the church, 

The signal fires are both good ,great views and mammoth lakes quite pretty..honestly I don't go there very often.

• Upvote 2

Probably my second favorite place in Mountain Town is the workbench in the barn with the nearby fire barrel. It's a nice spot to craft whilst not dealing with Cabin Fever, and it's 1 of 2 freaking workbenches on that map. Otherwise, my first favorite area of Mountain Town is the cave leading to Mystery lake XD. 

As for Hush, it's the complete opposite. I love the entire region of Hush River Valley, it's both challenging with its lack of human structures and workbenches (not including any dlc additions), but it's also just a really beautiful region to be in, though it feels cramped inside the winding valleys and rivers, once you get up onto the top of the valley's cliffs, its just a beautiful sight every time! I especially love how every waterfall has a name, and its fun finding them all.

So I guess to answer the question, my favorite spot is the small waterfall and river right near the entrance/exit to Hushed, I feel it perfectly represents the kind of region Hushed is, and it just looks pretty.

I think my favourite bit of MT is down in the basin. It's like a nice wee micro-region to itself - deer & wolves on the ice, a few rabbits scattered around, good fishing in the lake, and sometimes even a moose. In HRV I like to go down in the valley too, tho I admit I was kinda forced to get used to that area when I got badly moose-stomped once and had to stick around for a while to heal up. Either that or the whole plateau area up at Monolith Lake - no bear, only one or two wolves, good views, and a few different caves to hang out in.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I forgot about the basin, it's a nice place.. 

In my last run, that's where I decided to finish mastering fishing, cuz it's a nice place to hang around and you can pop a hole in the ice pretty close to the cave. And the basin moose spawn was active in that run too, so that cave was very well provisioned.  ^_^

Edited by artmunki
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, artmunki said:

In my last run, that's where I decided to finish mastering fishing, cuz it's a nice place to hang around and you can pop a hole in the ice pretty close to the cave. And the basin moose spawn was active in that run too, so that cave was very well provisioned.  ^_^

I haven't tried making a fishing hole since it first came out..  I tried it at pensive pond but it wouldn't let me.. never got round to it again.

It's very handy having that moose there lol..  the birch bark too.  Kind of like the ravine only not so quiet 😁

• Upvote 1