A sawmill

Pyroxene

On 4/22/2024 at 5:45 PM, Pyroxene said:

Maybe add a sawmill/furniture factory in the new regions?

Perseverance mills, my beloved.

There has been a prediction going around about this for a few years now, actually

At the end of episode 4 we see Astrid reaching perseverance mills with her boat through the coastline.

So, if perseverance mills is a playable region in episode 5 (which is very likely) then it will also be coming to survival mode after the release of episode 5.
The same thing has happened with other regions, they are added into survival mode after their initial release in wintermute, so the expectation is that this will be the same for this upcoming region.

Also, if you look at the survival mode map, there is a very convenient gap on the right side, on the coastline next to desolation point.
Perfect spot for a new coastal region, and perseverance mills is a coastal region.

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2024 at 6:03 PM, BugReportEnthusiast said:

So, if perseverance mills is a playable region in episode 5 (which is very likely) then it will also be coming to survival mode after the release of episode 5.

I don't know that there's a guarantee that will happen; just because it has happened in the past doesn't mean it will happen in the future, esp. as the game has been truly split into two games; survival and story. This means that porting from one game to the other is going to be a heavier lift.

Not saying it won't happen, just that I don't think we can count on it.

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2024 at 6:03 PM, BugReportEnthusiast said:

Perseverance mills, my beloved.

Sawmill, perhaps. The island was being used for logging, so a sawmill to turn trees into salable boards and sheets makes sense. A furniture factory doesn't make as much sense to me, though. 

15 minutes ago, stratvox said:

I don't know that there's a guarantee that will happen; just because it has happened in the past doesn't mean it will happen in the future, esp. as the game has been truly split into two games; survival and story. This means that porting from one game to the other is going to be a heavier lift.

Agreed, we do not have any promise that PM will be added to Survival Mode. Lots of speculation on the Steam forums, for years, over where it might be located. My suspicion has settled on the other side of the currently broken bridge in Desolation Point. That road on the other side has to go somewhere, right? Which means it will likely be somewhere else, lol.

I am honestly not sure I would be too upset if it isn't added to Survival mode. With the TFTFT DLC, I have too much to explore and deal with already- but I still wonder where that bridge led to.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, stratvox said:

Given how long we've waited for episode 5, plus the significance of Perseverance Mills (holds at least 3 items of interest), i'd say it's very likely wintermute has this new region. And once you have a good finished region it makes a lot of sense to add it to survival mode, since it's already field-ready and done, all you have to do is some small tweaks here and there.

Personally I'd like another coastal region. It's fine if we don't get it, but i'd be kinda sad 

• Upvote 1