Tent-able

Semple Fi

So how about a couple things here, we currently only have the snow shelter as an option.  
How about adding a Mountaineer/backpackers Tent, with a similar difficulty in obtaining it to that of the Technical Backpack?  It fits the area and the lore for sure.  
image.thumb.jpeg.f0dd1c992da9ab7570b269f3195db833.jpeg

For interloper - Animal Hide Teepee.  
Difficulty for this could be a a bit much but: 2 Moose hides and 4-5 maple daplings?  Or an alternate idea of 5-6 deer hides and 4-5 maple saplings. 
Also, would REQUIRE a Travois for transport.  
image.jpeg.f8d05870744d7d83d31e626009fc77a6.jpeg

Some reasoning on this: A backpacker tent should be a “one-a-game” item.  The benefits are obvious - 15 sticks/5cloth/45 minutes and frostbite fingers for a snow shelter… When those random blizzards kick up the middle of FA or PV open fields the added wind chill bonus would be a life saver.  Useful for Timberwolf and likely Mountain Pass.  No protection from bears or wolves like the snow shelter though :)

The TeePee fits well as a craft able item for interloper, providing the same benefit of shelter as the backpacker tent.  However the weight of the thing becomes the balancing factor.  Could have a fire inside the tent, this would protect from wolves.  Not bears though, so keep your scent meter down….  Would need to be repairable with cloth like the moosehide satchel, otherwise the degradation after use would make it untenable.  
Unless it was a deer hide tent, those are plentiful enough to come by.  
An animal skin teepee would provide warmth and wind protection, 30-40 hours to craft??

Edited by Semple Fi
Added
  • Upvote 3

An idea I had was a portable stove for tents like your idea, where the stove is quite heavy, but can fit in a tent, and is windproof. Downsides are, an obvious weight, a slow condition lost over long days of use, but also, it can only hold a max of 5 hours of fuel. It's a small stove, smaller than the round stoves in Ice Fishing Huts, so it can't hold much fuel. So you'll have the ability to sleep anywhere with the tent and stove, but you won't be able to get full rests without the stove going out. The max of 5 hours would also limit its heat output.

I imagine it would look similar to this stove, maybe a little more rustic to fit the situation on Great Bear.

image.jpeg.08ddcef2f4a3edb37d5a70c8e43f9a72.jpeg

Thus, with the tent and stove, you'll be able to make actual camping trips out in the wilderness of Great Bear, Ice Fishing in spots without a Hut, or just in the woods that don't have easy windbreaks for campfires. Such an endeavor however would require a travois to help carry the items, or a high carry capacity, plenty of fuel, as well as repairs to the stove and tent when you are done, but, I'd love to be able to go camping with these if these were added!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Im not sure tbh. The game has 5 million caves - some of them magically superheatet :) (in inteloper at least). This doesn't really add much gameplay. 

We have the snowshelter doing nearly the same thing. 

That Tepee picture though👍

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this is a good idea specifically because we have the snow shelter. I know you mentioned it, but think about it

Snow shelters are already very good, stopping all wind and raising the temperature by 15c. They are pretty much everything you'd want out of a tent already

As for a portable stove, yeah that could be cool.

But i think it would be OP, since you can set up a windproof fire anywhere, which means you can survive blizzards easily, without needing shelter or cover. 

Maybe if it had a maximum temperature bonus and acted as a smaller fire it could be balanced. 2 coal pieces is all you need to tank any blizzard temperature wise

• Upvote 1