Strange wolf activities [BLACKROCK]

• 4 weeks later...

Oh this is fun 😄

I've had a bug similar to that there too! But it was kinda less fun

It was night time, the wolves in the area were killed so I had my defenses down and then I saw...bear paw prints...just as I've built a fire I heard it O_O and there it was...nothing gave me a bigger shock than spotting a bear in a place where it's not supposed to be 

On 4/29/2024 at 11:18 AM, bysinda said:

Oh this is fun 😄

I've had a bug similar to that there too! But it was kinda less fun

It was night time, the wolves in the area were killed so I had my defenses down and then I saw...bear paw prints...just as I've built a fire I heard it O_O and there it was...nothing gave me a bigger shock than spotting a bear in a place where it's not supposed to be 

Isn't there a bear in the prison yard in Wintermute? And I'm sure I've seen mention somewhere of a bear being a rare spawn there, so that may not have been a bug.

36 minutes ago, artmunki said:

Isn't there a bear in the prison yard in Wintermute? And I'm sure I've seen mention somewhere of a bear being a rare spawn there, so that may not have been a bug.

Hmm I'm 99% sure there wasn't a bear in the yard in Wintermute 

It was rather weird because it happened before the DLC came out and pre-dlc game wasn't buggie (at least I never came across a bug) Maybe it was a rare a spawn after all. Hard to remember now since it's been rather long ago, but I think I've been in the area for some time and haven't came across a bear or prints, and there's not much ground to cover in the back yard 

Oh well, It will remain a mystery 

The bear did spawn in there, but I haven't seen it for a while..  the last time I saw it I took a shot and went into the wardens office and cells ,to let it bleed out,but when I came back out there was no bear but there was a wolf instead.

On 5/1/2024 at 2:14 AM, RossBondReturns said:

Either a Bear will spawn on the way to rope in the back or a wolf will.

It's one or the other back there.

Yeah, that sounds about right to me. I definitely remember meeting a bear back there at least once, but it was ages ago, and I haven't seen it since I kinda got used to Blackrock. Which is why I thought it might have been in Wintermute - that's how I decided to first start familiarising myself with the region, before risking my main run.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 8:52 PM, Leeanda said:

The bear did spawn in there, but I haven't seen it for a while..  the last time I saw it I took a shot and went into the wardens office and cells ,to let it bleed out,but when I came back out there was no bear but there was a wolf instead.

That's one mysterious bear

Maybe it was bug that sorta stuck? A dev prank. Like the big birch bark

It's not like I found a place where he sleeps or found any other signs of his existence expect this one time

Where does he go?? What is his route?? 

Edited by bysinda
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bysinda said:

Maybe it was always a glitch? Like the big birch bark

Aw, does anyone else miss the big birch bark? One of the highlights of any trip to AC for me was always seeing how big they'd be this time^_^

4 minutes ago, artmunki said:

Aw, does anyone else miss the big birch bark? One of the highlights of any trip to AC for me was always seeing how big they'd be this time^_^

Whatever do you mean? It's still there, isn't it?

11 minutes ago, bysinda said:

That's one mysterious bear

Maybe it was bug that sorta stuck? A dev prank. Like the big birch bark

It's not like I found a place where he sleeps or found any other signs of his existence expect this one time

Where does he go?? What is his route?? 

I did wonder if he was intentional there, I've seen no bones either..    he doesn't go past the back yard .. as far as I know anyway,but I used to shoot him from above the rope climb and leave him to run around and bleed out

1 hour ago, bysinda said:

Whatever do you mean? It's still there, isn't it?

I haven't seen any notably outsized birch bark in AC in quite a while now, but maybe that's just me. I thought it had been patched out.

13 minutes ago, artmunki said:

I haven't seen any notably outsized birch bark in AC in quite a while now, but maybe that's just me. I thought it had been patched out.

It has sadly been fixed .. it always made me smile😊

Just now, bysinda said:

Are you sure it's gone? Was it written in a log somewhere?

I think it was in the last fix notes.. maybe Decembers🤔.  But yes I'm afraid it is

2 hours ago, artmunki said:

Well, at least I'm not the only one who missed them.  ^_^

I loved the onse that were so huge they blocked my whole screen when picked up 🥲

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bysinda said:

I loved the onse that were so huge they blocked my whole screen when picked up 🥲

Aye, I had a few of those before the patch too.

I still remember when I was first getting to know AC, wondering for a while if they were deliberate, and the bigger ones gave you more prepped bark. When I figured out that wasn't the case, that's when I realised it was just a fun wee glitch.

I also vaguely remember one wee clip from someone (perhaps a clip that Zak linked to, as he's the main TLD player I watch), where the bark was so big the player could almost crouch-walk under it!  ^_^

31 minutes ago, artmunki said:

I also vaguely remember one wee clip from someone (perhaps a clip that Zak linked to, as he's the main TLD player I watch), where the bark was so big the player could almost crouch-walk under it!  ^_^

🤩🤩🤩 wooow