Are Timberwolves staying in their designated areas?

rush247

Pretty much what the title asks.  With the "Global Wildlife Refresh" are Timberwolves going to be found throughout the entire game world or will they stay in the areas they're in now?  Also is it my own head canon that they were locked to these areas for testing purposes or is that actually true?  I swear Raph said that this was true but I'm having trouble finding the post.

Edited by rush247

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Not sure if HL will share that detail or not with us - based upon past news, I'm hesitant to say they will.  We will just need to wait to find out.

I figured as much, they don't spoil anything till the day of release.  But I would've thought maybe there was someone else that remembered Raph saying they were only in those areas for testing too.

Edited by rush247

I wish the Custom menu would enable you to choose what animals spawn in each region. But even more than that, that the animals would have more random pathing instead of designated patrol routes

I read back through a couple of dev diaries and update logs and found that Raph has said this: 

"No, we are not bringing Timberwolves into Survival Mode yet. We have a lot of work to do to get the packs functioning correctly across all our regions. For the launch on Tuesday, they are only in Episode Three. Timberwolves will be added to Survival Mode ASAP."

The dev diary before Errant Pilgrim (which added timberwolves to survival) also said that Bleak Inlet was the only region with timberwolves, for now. Of course we have Blackrock now, but it sounds like there is a chance that they may be added to all regions. The, "We have a lot of work to do to get the packs functioning correctly across all our regions" statement makes it sound like the plan was to add them everywhere. But they may have scrapped that idea. 

Personally I hope they are added to more regions. I just hope they aren't overly abundant. I'd like to see them in every region but with a rarer and more random spawn. 

Edited by Pencil

1 hour ago, Pencil said:

Personally I hope they are added to more regions. I just hope they aren't overly abundant. I'd like to see them in every region but with a rarer and more random spawn. 

I can't really imagine they'll ever show up in any of the smaller regions, because they'd just be too hard to avoid, and most wolves in those regions tend to run solo or in pairs anyway - so not DP or the 4 small transit regions, nor can I see them being added to Mystery Lake. Not too sure about AC either. But a single pack randomly spawning in place of one of the wolf groups in each of the larger regions, maybe even a coupla packs in PV & FA - that could make things interesting.

I kinda wonder how the normal wolves would interact with timbies too. After all, there's no normal wolves in BI, and I think there's only 2 places in Blackrock where it would even be possible for them to meet, but I've never seen it.

• Upvote 1

A wildlife refresh ? Missed that. Great idea. Make wolves scary again!!

11 hours ago, artmunki said:

I can't really imagine they'll ever show up in any of the smaller regions, because they'd just be too hard to avoid,

Before I found out you can "walk the dog" with regular wolves I used to run, hide, go into buildings, burn flares.😀 The real experience. I would love that so some extent in all maps. But mbe with a custom setting to turn off.