Eating a special Recipe food = Permanent Buff

CrazyLazyCat

Permanent changes can really unbalance the game (even small ones).  Also, how realistic would that be?  (I know, the game is not fully based on realism! :))

Instead, I would like to see a new achievement for making them all.

This game already has perma-buffs in the form of those feat things. Make the food buffs only work if you don't select feats if that's of concern.

Also in regards of achievements I always want a way to disable them, though I think mine are just disabled by default on GoG. It's a big benefit of GoG.

As for the main idea... no thank you.
As for more feats... sure, why not.  I don't particularly like them, but for those who do... I'm glad they have that option.
To be clear, I do enjoy earning the badges... but I don't ever use them. :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

crafting the special recipes requires some effort, they require limited resources, and the temporary buffs provided just don't worth it. Getting something small like +5% of stamina, +5% condition, +1% crit chance with a weapon, could make it a lot fun to go for it.

Edited by CrazyLazyCat

Frankly, I don't particularly like the that all the newer cooked food items all come with buffs/debuffs to begin with... so the idea of a food item granting a permanent buff, I like that even less.

I was fine with that being a thing for the various Teas, Go Energy, and Coffee... but to have that for the recipe food items?  I just don't really care for it.  However, I respect whatever Hinterland decides for their game.  For those who like it, I'm glad they have it... for me though, I mostly just ignore that aspect and only recently started cooking in-game for the RP value.

Spoiler

I do find it irksome that peach pancakes, peach pie, rosehip pie, and Camber Flight Porridge will give me a headache if I ever eat it...  I mean I understand that they want to balance the other benefits with drawbacks... but I feel like this just highlights what I don't like about these food items having buffs & debuffs in the first place.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Maybe the best option would to have a new feat to select which gives you perma-buffs from food. That way people like manic and myself can choose not to use them and others who want to play with that option can.

• Upvote 2