game crashing/strange bugs

I'm so frustrated with this game, after about a week or two since the last update my game will most commonly crash when going into an interior space ie when it saves, though it does happen when leaving an interior space.  The occurrence of it crashing can be quite high I'd say sometimes up to 50%.  I've had to resort to sleeping inside my sleeping bag before attempting the transition which does have a much better success rate but still can crash during this.  I don't use any mods and am on the Epic launcher and have done a number of verify files but no luck.  And now I went to put a ruined bow into a rock storage then cook some meat/sleep 1 hour and received some strange error message about unable to save and to verify that there is enough free disk space which there is.  Upon loading back in it seems to have reverted back about an hour and my bow and all arrows have vanished from my inventory.  Once went to sleep in the truck before transitioning to blackrock, walked through the tunnel went to start a fire and sleep on the other side just to have it crash, upon loading back in I was back in the truck 'kinda' it had placed me on the roof I couldnt move and the only thing I could interact with was the hood.  Thankfully I was able to sleep in that state and when I awoke I was properly positioned inside the truck.

I've been looking here and on discord but don't seem to see anyone else with crazy issues like this.. is it just me?  I have sent a support ticket in for the crashing, I'm able to live with the odd one off bugs like the truck but can't keep having hours of my time each day erased by these crashing bugs.

When I posted this I was in the process of uninstalling and re-installing TLD, since that has been done now the crashing does seem to be much less common but still has occurred.  As mentioned I can deal with some of the one off odd ball bugs but the constant crashing was extremely debilitating. 

It is worth mentioning that I did start a new save (custom settings) when the update dropped in Dec and it took probably 2 weeks before any issues really started appearing.  Not sure if it has to do with all the extra collected assets as I am a hoarder as well and tend to collect a bunch of stuff to one area and usually put down a few 3-5 rock caches in close proximity together.  I did see the other issue that people have reported about certain regions resetting where you can get things like barbs rifle more than once (however I did not pick it up a second time).

Id be willing to purchase the game over again on Steam as I am on Epic if that would resolve my issues but kinda doubt it.  As I play more I will report back with any updates.

@dave1122, glad to hear re-install partially solved the problem.  I'm curious, if you start a new game now, do you also experience the crashes in that new game?  Trying to determine if it's something to do with your save.

Do you experience these issues with other games?

Edited by hozz1235

I had those type crashes, in the ZoC, when playing an older saved game.

Have since restarted with a brand new run and have not seen any crashes, but I haven't been back to the ZoC yet.

Honestly it seems to be the front door to the concentrator that crashes me the most. It's been wide open since the first time I opened it but you still need to press and hold to get in. A lot of times when I try to do through it I crash.

I don't have this issue because I don't play this game currently. How hinterland thinks this game is out of early access boggles my mind. My only suggestion is to put the game down for a year and a half and look at it when they've actually finished it.

Update to the issues Ive been having, I did continue to have the crashing even after uninstalling the entire game and re-installing.  It is worth noting that this is a custom setting game and the issue does seem to be related to a memory issue within the game I think as when I am in regions where I have fully looted and have the loot collected in the same area roughly then it will crash way more frequently then say if I go to a new region that I havent done much or anything in yet.  The game would crash most frequently when entering or exiting a interior space, but also sometimes when initiating the save by sleeping in a sleeping bag and it seems to a lesser extent sleeping in cars.  I have since started a new save on stalker and havent had this issue at all but only just started for about a week.  I spawned in Mystery Lake and did travel a couple times to winding river to look for Vaughn's rifle, found the rifle in the dam from the winding river side.. did a few more things in ML, went back to WR to loot a few resources in that area and then went back into the damn and there was Vaughn's rifle again, left it and hope that is the only real big issue.

Just an update for those who might want to know, I did continue to have issues on that save which I dont think I mentioned was a custom setting run.  I have since started a standard stalker run and am on day 60 or so with no issues yet.  I am starting to think there might have been an issue with the custom settings I had chosen before as about a 1 ago I also was having issues entering interiors on a custom save but slightly different error.  I am getting established on my stalker run will report back if I run into issues but I suspect I am good.