Main Run Interloper Visits ZOC

I have taken my main run interloper survivor to the ZOC and so far I've been on this map a week without visiting the main mine buildings. I started from the transition cave on Forsaken Airfield. One of my mistakes  was not bringing enough food as I didn't want to stink crossing the long expanse from the hangar. So when I passed through the caves it was nightfall and I was pretty hungry. So I thought I would press on and found a nice deer to drop and refuel then a blizzard forced me back towards the transition cave but I thought mistakenly I was safe from the wind in that tunnel cave under the waterfall attempted to sleep and had my fire blow out. Needless to say I managed to drag my sorry self back to the transition cave for another day. Then the weather finally broke and I managed to make my way along the outside to smokers cave. I thought a great place to make a base and I was settling in when mr bear started rambling my way. Finding a safe ledge I shot the bear and it disappeared over the hill. So I went back to the cave slept out the night. The next day 2 poisoned wolves spawned by my door step so I used stealth to eliminate them. Noticed that a poisoned wolf would take an arrow in the torso and run a little ways before limping back to it's home. So shot the one wolf with two arrows to kill it. Then I was able to find the dead bear and get all the meat , guts and hide from it but too far to carry at first. After a visit down the mine not far from the cave I managed to sled all that meat back to the cave so I am set up with a decent base I have all my loot from the mine up to the planks(which I broke down). Now I must get my wits and make my way down to the trailer and then to the mine itself get the gas mask and such and finish up the mission. I'm playing very cautious so after exploring everything beforehand on Pilgrem I have a good idea where I all have to go. Just hope I don't make any foolish mistakes.

• Like 1

Seems like a nice start with the bear an all. 

Im about to go there with my new interloper run i made after the update (i abandoned my last runs bcoz of the fact scurvy is not working on them). I think today is the day. I have looted all of the great bear, collected all recpies and uniqe items and completed signal void. Im going in there blind tho bcoz i want the thrill of not knowing the terrain. I saw just a few minutes of Zaknafeins video when he got killed by wolves but that is it. 

After i finish the tale i will create new main run NOGOA style but with minimal night regeneration and try to finish the tales on super hard dificulty. 

• Upvote 1

Went there blind on my main NOGOA run. The region was alright in terms of weather - definitely not as harsh as FA so that's a plus.

Had a bit of food issues but that was mainly because I had a self-imposed rule where I wasn't allowed to kill any non-hostile wildlife.

My main issue with the new zone seems to be the toxic wolves. Got into 4 struggles within 15 or so days spent there and didn't survive the 4th one. But I did manage to complete the 2nd tale before I died so I wasn't too salty about losing the run.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, gotmilkanot said:

Went there blind on my main NOGOA run. The region was alright in terms of weather - definitely not as harsh as FA so that's a plus.

Had a bit of food issues but that was mainly because I had a self-imposed rule where I wasn't allowed to kill any non-hostile wildlife.

My main issue with the new zone seems to be the toxic wolves. Got into 4 struggles within 15 or so days spent there and didn't survive the 4th one. But I did manage to complete the 2nd tale before I died so I wasn't too salty about losing the run.

NOGOA plus only killing wolves,bear moose. We like to suffer ey? 

Congratz on finishing. 

1 hour ago, James Hickok said:

NOGOA plus only killing wolves,bear moose. We like to suffer ey? 

Congratz on finishing. 

Yeah, I like to switch it up between that and not killing anything bigger than a wolf + snares only for rabbits, forged arrows only for ptarmigans. The latter rule seems to be better for the far territory zones, because I started to have inevitable food shortage in TP where I literally couldn't eat anything that spawns there.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, gotmilkanot said:

Yeah, I like to switch it up between that and not killing anything bigger than a wolf + snares only for rabbits, forged arrows only for ptarmigans. The latter rule seems to be better for the far territory zones, because I started to have inevitable food shortage in TP where I literally couldn't eat anything that spawns there.

I will have to try that next time.   Play on pure NOGOA without any health regeneration or tweak it a bit like turning minimal regen during day or night? 

1 hour ago, James Hickok said:

I will have to try that next time.   Play on pure NOGOA without any health regeneration or tweak it a bit like turning minimal regen during day or night? 

Regular NOGOA with just stims for regen, some shorter runs I do no-stim. I have at least 500-600 hours in NOGOA and OuterNOGOA so regular NOGOA is like the "new" Interloper to me, I haven't been playing anything easier than that for like a year.

Edited by gotmilkanot
  • Upvote 1

Cool stuff.    I played pure NOGOA for some time and longest run was over 100 days but had to abandon it when TFTFT update came. After that i played some loper runs but mostly Modified NOGOA with only night OR day minimal regen + no birch bark.  I only did this to be able to travel faster. Sometimes going from blackrock to FA for ex. on pure NOGOA took soooooo much time it anoyyed me a bit.        

I will definately play it again.   To be honest you motivated me to abandon my current loper run before i go to ZoC and make a NOGOa one and go there :) But first i need some clothing and backpack so first 40 or so days will be looting the world and crafting after i get my food supply up and running. Then signal Void and burried echoes.     Weekend is just starting and i have nothing to do @ my house bcoz its cold and snow everywhere. Good theme to play TLD :D i wish i had the Hinterland mug so i can dring hot wine or beer during the process. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, James Hickok said:

Cool stuff.    I played pure NOGOA for some time and longest run was over 100 days but had to abandon it when TFTFT update came. After that i played some loper runs but mostly Modified NOGOA with only night OR day minimal regen + no birch bark.  I only did this to be able to travel faster. Sometimes going from blackrock to FA for ex. on pure NOGOA took soooooo much time it anoyyed me a bit.        

I will definately play it again.   To be honest you motivated me to abandon my current loper run before i go to ZoC and make a NOGOa one and go there :) But first i need some clothing and backpack so first 40 or so days will be looting the world and crafting after i get my food supply up and running. Then signal Void and burried echoes.     Weekend is just starting and i have nothing to do @ my house bcoz its cold and snow everywhere. Good theme to play TLD :D i wish i had the Hinterland mug so i can dring hot wine or beer during the process. 

You could try regular NOGOA with healing foods. I personally don't use them, but they do make NOGOA more accessible - seems like a good middle ground between stim-only NOGOA and Interloper.

I'm not sure if you've tried insulated flasks on NOGOA but those make travelling so much less tedious, which may make the mode more appealing to players who dislike too much tedium. Of course, I plan to go torchless or at least no pulled torches in future runs to compensate for the drop in difficulty.

Edited by gotmilkanot
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, gotmilkanot said:

You could try regular NOGOA with healing foods. I personally don't use them, but they do make NOGOA more accessible - seems like a good middle ground between stim-only NOGOA and Interloper.

I'm not sure if you've tried insulated flasks on NOGOA but those make travelling so much less tedious, which may make the mode more appealing to players who dislike too much tedium. Of course, I plan to go torchless or at least no pulled torches in future runs to compensate for the drop in difficulty.

Havent tried the foods  - i dont use them as well. I just put the ingredients on display in my base.  But i know what they can do and You are right some of them are pretty OP in terms of Health regeneration.   Flasks i have found 7 of them on my current run but i rarely use teas on loper anyway so i didnt use them. 

I will go for Vanilla NOGOA and use the flasks to my advantage. If it goes wrong during the rpocess i will consider using health regen food but only in last resort :D Dang , cant w8 to finish work.......3 hours more :D 

5 minutes ago, James Hickok said:

Havent tried the foods  - i dont use them as well. I just put the ingredients on display in my base.  But i know what they can do and You are right some of them are pretty OP in terms of Health regeneration.   Flasks i have found 7 of them on my current run but i rarely use teas on loper anyway so i didnt use them. 

I will go for Vanilla NOGOA and use the flasks to my advantage. If it goes wrong during the rpocess i will consider using health regen food but only in last resort :D Dang , cant w8 to finish work.......3 hours more :D 

Agreed, the healing foods are ridiculously OP.

On my last main run, I found like 30 potatoes after looting the world. Enough to make 15 dockworker's pies which equate to a whopping 525 health points, just from that one single recipe. That's like allowing Will/Astrid to die 6 times and still respawn :P

Alright, good luck for your new run, stay frosty (not literally).

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Well I'm 10 days on this region and went for my exploration of the mine , made the mistake of not bringing some food with me as I did find enough food to keep my well fed but lost it after coming out of the mine and taking the long walk around the pit to the trailer. I still have a lot of looting to do in that area but the food situation was poor and I wanted to save my canisters for completing the tale. So I am going to stay here a bit longer as I need to go explore the rest of the out buildings and the idle camp area. Thinking my next foray into the mine will start from either the pit itself or from the cave system that comes out near my camp at Smokers Cave. Have not found the boots so my deerskin boots have taken some damage in the poison areas. 

I have plenty of bear meat just didn't want to enter the mine area all stinky but I think I will pack the meat with me to the side entrance and that should be good then I will avoid attracting those poisoned wolves. The other issue is being encumbered(picking up excessive coal) is not the best when traveling through the areas with the fumes. I can't move as quickly and subsequently use more canisters. 

• Like 1

I'm a little ways into the tale and have fared ok so far due to level 5 archery plus 20 arrows in my pack. I've been picking the wolves off from a crouched position to avoid agroing them. In general it hasn't been too bad except food is still the issue. After using up my bear meat I made it to the failed mine just near the idle camp. Dropped a deer there which was ok. Got the boots in the foremen's office along with the bolt cutters but the boots were ruined unfortunately. I want to finish up the tail right away but may have to return to my cave to restock my backpack with bear meat. Just don't want to waste any of my cannisters though.

• Upvote 1

Tonight I finished the Buried Echoes Tale and sitting in the transition cave to Forsaken Airfield. I really am weighed down with loot so my thought is to skirt along the outside here and make my way to railroad station on Transfer Pass from there I am going to dump a bunch of this stuff as this region has a wealth of items. I could only imagine if they would let you spawn here at the start of the run you would be sitting pretty save for a heavy hammer. I will then just make my way home to Camp Office and this survivor has yet to visit BlackRock so I'm well geared for that considering all the marine flare gas mask and cartridges etc. We'll see maybe start a new run though.....

TLDBE.png

• Like 1

I managed to spend 50 days there with my long term loper, it is a great region. Food is plentiful on both sides of the map if you know where to travel, I found there are 6 deer hunting spots ( 4 on the west side and 2 on the upper eastern side ). That and the bear meat to tide you over is plenty enough to survive long term. 

I also tried my hand at fishing there and it's 100% doable with two tip ups and a snow shelter, there's a spot near the waterfall you can set up a shelter and two holes you can interact with from the inside, you can also run back to the old corral and make a wind protected fire there for emergency warmup. Helps that is a close to the mines and you can ferry tons of coal there to fish with permafires. Weather is also very maglens friendly, I think I only used 6 matches in my time there. 

Overall, I think it's a fantastic region and I do prefer it to FA tbh. The only thing I wish they allowed us to do is to damage the machine so it doesn't produce glimmer fog anymore, it is a lore friendly feature but it does gets old sometimes. My potato computer gets frame drops when close to the mine buildings and the fog hits. 

• Upvote 1