Dislike the poisoned wolves...

Not a complaint, OK with the addition, but they make things harder for a number of reasons:

• They tend to hunt in packs of 2 or 3
  • They are aggressive and attack at a further distance than normal wolves
  • They drop no meat!
  • They do drop rather easily, but if you run into them you are going to burn through ammo and did I mention you get little in reward as there is no meat?
  • There appear to be a lot of them in the Zone...not sure how many yet as I don't think I have covered much ground there yet and it is a big map, both inside and outside!
  • Not sure on respawn rates either, but  would not be surprised if it was quicker than the regular wolves...TBD

I am also not looking forward to the cougar, either. Bears are my biggest fear in the game and have caused me the most distress. Moose are so rare and easy to avoid I don't mind them. Regular wolves are my favorite snack and are what I live off of...so again these poisoned ones are not my favorite!

• Upvote 1

The respawn times feel quicker indeed. I cleared the area of wolfs to explore unhindered and not short after that the wolfs were there again.
And maybe there is an artificial respawn during the tale, when You are out searching.

I experienced a very unpredictable behaviour of the poisened wolfs. Sometimes they run away, sometimes stop at a distance growling, despite I have no torch lit and sometimes they charge despite torch or several revolver shots. The detection range is very large too. One spotted me up on the ledge near scaffolders cave from down below.

3 hours ago, mfuegemann said:

The respawn times feel quicker indeed. I cleared the area of wolfs to explore unhindered and not short after that the wolfs were there again.
And maybe there is an artificial respawn during the tale, when You are out searching.

I experienced a very unpredictable behaviour of the poisened wolfs. Sometimes they run away, sometimes stop at a distance growling, despite I have no torch lit and sometimes they charge despite torch or several revolver shots. The detection range is very large too. One spotted me up on the ledge near scaffolders cave from down below.

Pretty sure that is tied to the toxic areas and general A.I. being buggy in the first place. I noticed when you are inside a toxic "fart cloud" they tend to go into the growling state just like normal wolves do when you enter a fishing hut where they cannot reach you. Probably an oversight by the devs that hasn't been dealt with yet.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, xanna said:

I didn't interpret it as a mistake, I figured the wolves don't want to follow me into the toxic waste (they don't have wellies on like I do). I use the pools of toxic waste as a way of managing the wolf threat.

Aye, if any of the animals have learned how dangerous those fumes are, it's those poor poison-crazed wolves. Sure, the other animals avoid the fumes too, but the wolves have clearly found out exactly what happens if they don't.

22 hours ago, artmunki said:

Aye, if any of the animals have learned how dangerous those fumes are, it's those poor poison-crazed wolves. Sure, the other animals avoid the fumes too, but the wolves have clearly found out exactly what happens if they don't.

Agreed they don’t want to go in but they absolutely will if you brandish a weapon and aim I think all of the erratic behaviors are planned they are a mix between Timbers and regular wolves in a sense, they have very high morale being starvation motivated so them risking it all or only skittering off a short way make total sense I kind of wish that the other wolves were this aggressive it adds some spiciness for sure 🤣

15 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

I think all of the erratic behaviors are planned they are a mix between Timbers and regular wolves in a sense,

Yeah, for me this is a great balance between the healthy black wolves and the tinberwolves. Scary enough to be not routine, but don't bring the game to a standstill for a while like Timbies do. Fighting animals is the least interesting aspect of TLD for me, but I am really enjoying these godforsaken creatures.