Lets talk about Travois...

Nikikeya

This was my most wanted item (Aside from a sled) 

But omg, am I having problems with these. Between the game telling me I can't go up steep inclines, (half ways down a hill and LOCKING ME IN PLACE.) To saying there's "No room for Travois" Despite it being wide open. 

The darn things keep clipping through the map, and I had to save scum, after I set down the poles to unpack and port my items down the slight incline only for THE WHOLE DARN TRAVOIS AND ALL MY WORLDLY POSSESSIONS to no clip out of existence; 165 days worth of carefully stockpiled goods GONE because the collision on these mofo's aren't optimized to recognize THE GROUND as a SOLID OBJECT... 

Adding an option in the menu to recall the travois in case of it falling out of the map and have it spawn nearby would be wonderful. 

The no room for travois thing... yeah okay in doors obviously but if Mac fits through so should it, its not super wide. 

The incline thing, at least when traveling down hill shouldn't be an issue. up hill fine, but getting stuck less than ten feet from the bottom of a hill in Winding River and then having to spin like a top in place to make it so the travois didn't no clip through the hill so I could put it down safely this time and unpack was completely unnecessary, I would have preferred it to knock me over, and both of us go rolling to the bottom of the hill and some of my stuff spill out and need to be repacked, (Maybe even gimme some sprains and bruises from the whole thing) Then being locked in place unable to move back or forward. If a wolf would have been on me I'd have been toast. 

Still I understand Its a WIP, and I'm sorry if this was overly fussy. Still would like to see some patchwork done to them to keep this from happening again. 

• Upvote 2

I kind of anticipated these sorts of issues with it - one reason I haven't really had much desire to even try it out, TBH.  Hopefully, they'll work on it some more and fix some of these issues.  I had a good laugh though picturing Will/Astrid sliding down a hill on their fanny with the sled trying to mow them over from behind. 😀

• Like 1

I assumed there‘d be issues like this and so I just don’t use it on hills period, it’s safe to assume any hill with an incline warning is gonna snag the travios it’s meant for long flat ground hauls and small rolling hills and they more or less explained that by telling us no steep hills or narrows 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

I assumed there‘d be issues like this and so I just don’t use it on hills period, it’s safe to assume any hill with an incline warning is gonna snag the travios it’s meant for long flat ground hauls and small rolling hills and they more or less explained that by telling us no steep hills or narrows 🤷🏻‍♂️

Its impractical though, the whole point of this was porting goods over long distances, you're always going to need to go over hills.

If I can walk up the hill the travois should be able to follow. 

1 hour ago, Nikikeya said:

Its impractical though, the whole point of this was porting goods over long distances, you're always going to need to go over hills.

If I can walk up the hill the travois should be able to follow. 

There’s a limit to both what’s practical and what’s programmable. Practically speaking no you’re not going to take a travois on any hill you’d climb if it’s too steep up you’re gonna sink trying to pull the load if it’s too steep down the heavy sled is going to mow over you and topple you both down the mountain it’s not some magical cloud that floats 

• Upvote 2