Vitamin-C gauge/meter

SirusFIN

There should be a gauge or a meter to see your vitamin-c levels, I was thinking in the lines of the temperature, fatigue, thirst and food gauges but it wouldn't be visible in the HUD, only in the status window where you see your afflictions and other stats. this could you help plan ahead your meals and such. what are your guys toughts in this

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I'm pretty sure the video showed a bar that climbs as the risk for it climbs.  It's not there when your risk is 0%, but appears as soon as you get any risk.

yeah you get the bar thingy but i would like to see my status regarding vitamin-c before i am at risk of skurvy so i know when to ration vitamin-c rich foods

• Upvote 1

Just now, SirusFIN said:

yeah you get the bar thingy but i would like to see my status regarding vitamin-c before i am at risk of skurvy so i know when to ration vitamin-c rich foods

I don't think the risk will climb super fast, so  you should still have time to respond while the risk is low and just eat something that is a source of Vitamin C to wipe out the risk.

Vitamin C is trivial to get for anyone with some knowledge about the subject, which I assume both characters have being more outdoorsy. Organ meats from animals, or pine needles of which there are billions in this game, would give you the small amount of vitamin C needed to prevent scurvy. There are other sources, but yeah, it's the last thing I would be worrying about in the world of TLD.

edit----------

I just found out scurvy is now in the game? Man.....I hope it's not in story mode...I read the reason it was added but TLD takes place in the modern day not in the 1800s.

Edited by odizzido
  • Upvote 1

Odizzido, even though the game takes place in modern day Scurvy is still something you can get. it's actually a pretty common thing, during the last world war when brittan had a blockade of uboats surrounding it scurvy was a serious risk because they didnt have a ton of stuff high in vitiman c growing there. they actually came to depend on things like rosehips because of their high vitiman c content.

without modern day transportation of fruits and veggies Great Bear has a very limited supply of things that have vitiman C... and i just reread the first part of your post so now i seem like a condesending prick...

pine tea sounds like a great idea

• Upvote 1