Dynamite Paths

Mig_zvm

I really wish there was dynamite added to the game and a way to break through to connect certain areas, like AC into BRM or DP into TWM.

Plus, given the nature of the mines and the lore, dynamite would make total sense.  Not only that, but the entire prospect of opening these routes could be expanded to include potential death via cave-ins and damage from falling rocks.

• Upvote 1

Dream on, me thinks.  I doubt the way the game is structured that there is any way for it to support those sorts of massive and permanent changes to the map.  Also, it may fit in with the turbulent lore of GBI before the collapse, but I don't think it fits in at all with the spirit of the game.

• Upvote 1

One cannot assume that Will or Astrid have any practical knowledge or experience with the use of dynamite.  Blowing up one of the steel barriers that block off passages in the mines/cave would be incredibly dangerous in the execution, and likely quite ineffective, and in the aftermath with all the damage done to the mine/cave itself.   Not sure whether dynamite would work in cutting the steel barriers we see in the mines blowing up the rock more likely.  Certainly the devs would not allow for random placement of an explosive charge just to see if there was anything beyond the wall or to bypass a steel barrier unless they intended that to be done.  

Maybe be better to have an acetylene- oxygen rig to cut through the steel barriers, at least they might know to have a welding shield when using it (part of game implementation), which would be limited and not really transportable to other locations.    It would also be easier to implement though what might be found beyond the barrier would still be a significant burden on the devs.  

Maybe something for the devs to consider as a usable mechanism somewhere in the game.  

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

If I had it I would probably chase the bears with it instead.

I'm picturing remote-detonated C4 for that purpose... watch it walk into its den, press the button, watch it fly back out again in pieces...

I guess this isn't really a far-fetched suggestion, going in and out of Broken Railroad towards ML comes to mind for me immediately. It is however quite plain to see that this would break the basic foundation that the game works by - using rocks to set the intended paths and boundaries of the regions.

It's just not that kind of game.

3 minutes ago, LostRealist said:

I'm picturing remote-detonated C4 for that purpose... watch it walk into its den, press the button, watch it fly back out again in pieces...

I guess this isn't really a far-fetched suggestion, going in and out of Broken Railroad towards ML comes to mind for me immediately. It is however quite plain to see that this would break the basic foundation that the game works by - using rocks to set the intended paths and boundaries of the regions.

It's just not that kind of game.

Lol..  you have a good point there.. noisemakers they aren't.id probably blow myself up.

I suppose it would feel like cheating in a way...    I d just prefer a longer ground level way to Milton rather than climbs...  It's not my favourite map anyway and the rope restrictions put me off going .

I am, finally, on Signal Void and not looking forward to going to Milton because of the rope climb.  The caches would help but being me that would still mean at least a  couple of climbs to get what I might consider enough essential gear and supplies to Milton from Trapper's so a long drawn out effort just to get there.  

Now if I could get one of those helos at Forsaken working and fly what I need to Milton, even if the helo then failed after one trip, that would be plenty.   🚁 🛍️ 

4 minutes ago, UTC-10 said:

I am, finally, on Signal Void and not looking forward to going to Milton because of the rope climb.  The caches would help but being me that would still mean at least a  couple of climbs to get what I might consider enough essential gear and supplies to Milton from Trapper's so a long drawn out effort just to get there.  

Now if I could get one of those helos at Forsaken working and fly what I need to Milton, even if the helo then failed after one trip, that would be plenty.   🚁 🛍️ 

That's be neat...   or even an option to fly off the island when you've had enough of a run ..instead of throwing yourself off a cliff😁