Interloper day 2 senerrio

FaT McMarlin

Day two Interloper:

Setting is Mystery Lake at the camp office. Time is sunrise.  Only gear you've found is a cotton toque. Single layer shirt, pants and socks, decent dress shoes and no jackets or gloves. No matches found yet, no flares either. 

Sun has just pushed over the horizon and it's light enough to loot indoors. Haven't looted anything but camp office and the lake.

You make your way to the lookout tower. Still clear. Start heading North towards the broken tower and Trappers cabin. Half way down the path headed from the lookout the wind picks up in your face, from the North, and you've got no way to light a torch. A heavy snow storm starts.  Location marked with green square. What do you do? Where do you go? Hypothermia risk is in full swing losing 20 percent condition for every in game hour. Not every indoor location is warm yet including the 3 logging trailers. What do you do? How do you survive?Screenshot_20231103-0818222.thumb.png.bcd4a911eea5fdf3c1988f1d67cb80ce.png

I did survive the situation, but I'm interested to hear what anyone else would have done. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Personally I would've headed to the lone cabin , there's cloth there,so I would've made the temporary gloves and hat.and hoped I didn't die in the process lol..

I didn't have a sewing kit at that time sadly. Interesting that you chose to face the bear and wolves to get to the cabin with no fire.

5 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I didn't have a sewing kit at that time sadly. Interesting that you chose to face the bear and wolves to get to the cabin with no fire.

I would've goated round the tower as much as possible.. if you can get so far up the hill towards the tower you can goat down very safely almost opposite the cabin..  the wolves and bear would've probably flipped on the patching..hopefully..😁 

I'm sure I've made the gloves and hat without a sewing kit or tackle..

9 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I would've goated round the tower as much as possible.. if you can get so far up the hill towards the tower you can goat down very safely almost opposite the cabin..  the wolves and bear would've probably flipped on the patching..hopefully..😁 

I'm sure I've made the gloves and hat without a sewing kit or tackle..

I didn't think about goating there. I didn't know the path was goatable. I don't spend much time in Mystery Lake.

I didn't know you could. I'll look into that, cause that will mitigate one day one concern.

10 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I didn't think about goating there. I didn't know the path was goatable. I don't spend much time in Mystery Lake.

I didn't know you could. I'll look into that, cause that will mitigate one day one concern.

I learnt that through impatience lol.. if I can cut corners I will😅

I'll test it out now,I've just switched it on and I've got plenty of time and cloth.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I learnt that through impatience lol.. if I can cut corners I will😅

I'll test it out now,I've just switched it on and I've got plenty of time and cloth.

Lol. That's how I feel in AC. Kinda sad I know AC better than ML. So much of ML is still uncommitted to memory. Simple yes, do I have much time there, nope. I bet in all my runs combined I have maybe 100 days there. I don't like the region very much.

I didn't think they would give us such an easy out from frostbite. At least not on looper.

14 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol. That's how I feel in AC. Kinda sad I know AC better than ML. So much of ML is still uncommitted to memory. Simple yes, do I have much time there, nope. I bet in all my runs combined I have maybe 100 days there. I don't like the region very much.

I didn't think they would give us such an easy out from frostbite. At least not on looper.

There's always somewhere we don't like..  at the moment I prefer hrv to Milton and that's saying something lol.. but I know there's good loot in Milton so I get in and out as soon as I can..  I'll go back when I'm bored and visited everywhere else umpteen times .

But it still helps learning where things are.. 

In reality you'd just rip a curtain down and wrap it round your head or something..well I would anyway..

40 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

There's always somewhere we don't like..  at the moment I prefer hrv to Milton and that's saying something lol.. but I know there's good loot in Milton so I get in and out as soon as I can..  I'll go back when I'm bored and visited everywhere else umpteen times .

But it still helps learning where things are.. 

In reality you'd just rip a curtain down and wrap it round your head or something..well I would anyway..

True, you'd think with the weather on interloper ML and it's calm warm atmosphere would appeal to me some way lol. I just don't like the hills. Give me ropes lol.

Milton bluh lol.

I'm reality, the frozen dead I've found would be without clothing. And I wouldn't necessarily stop with only 2 layers either. And then the curtains and blankets😂😂

Where did you spawn?  I think you've missed finding matches or flares someplace in getting to Mystery Lake.  Your map shows you at the broken lookout, so goating to the lonely cabin seems like the best location to survive without a fire.

ETA:  I hate the weather in Mystery Lake.  The blizzards are frequent enough and the terrain is quite open in places that you can find yourself in trouble quite easily.  I also seem to get an inordinate share of sprains in that region - the hills are just steep enough to slip and sprain and ankle or wrist.

Edited by UpUpAway95

46 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

True, you'd think with the weather on interloper ML and it's calm warm atmosphere would appeal to me some way lol. I just don't like the hills. Give me ropes lol.

Milton bluh lol.

I'm reality, the frozen dead I've found would be without clothing. And I wouldn't necessarily stop with only 2 layers either. And then the curtains and blankets😂😂

I get that,there are a few ambush areas in mystery lake.. but once you know where they are you can avoid them..  weatherwise and resources though are pretty good..  

Definitely bluh lol😁 

Ewww..even I'd stop at the underwear..😁

Spawn must have been FM in order to  be at the camp office on the morning of day 2. 

Logging trailers will be warm if you sleep or pass time in bed, so I would return there. 

But I also would have gone from the camp office straight to Trappers rather than go to the lookout tower. Or probably stopped at Trappers first upon reaching ML. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dr. S. said:

Spawn must have been FM in order to  be at the camp office on the morning of day 2. 

Logging trailers will be warm if you sleep or pass time in bed, so I would return there. 

But I also would have gone from the camp office straight to Trappers rather than go to the lookout tower. Or probably stopped at Trappers first upon reaching ML. 

Agree - that seems the most likely unless he's on a custom interloper template and chose to spawn in ML.  If spawning in FM, I would have made my way to the forge to pick up the matches there.  It's possible he made directly for ML, but then he still should have picked up a flare at the railway car along the way.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Where did you spawn?  I think you've missed finding matches or flares someplace in getting to Mystery Lake.  Your map shows you at the broken lookout, so goating to the lonely cabin seems like the best location to survive without a fire.

ETA:  I hate the weather in Mystery Lake.  The blizzards are frequent enough and the terrain is quite open in places that you can find yourself in trouble quite easily.  I also seem to get an inordinate share of sprains in that region - the hills are just steep enough to slip and sprain and ankle or wrist.

I started at night near the rail cars. Got the flare there, started a fire with the coal and sticks I had found. Boiled water, made teas, and gathered cat tails and sticks until the sun came up, added more sticks, grabbed torches and left. Went to ML, goated up to the bunker, looted the lake cabins and fishing huts. Went to camp office. Kept a fire going, slept that night, lit the torches I had and set out. I had the first fire going until the snow and wind kicked up.

I'm not very familiar with ML or FM. I didn't know there were matches at the forge. I'm not the biggest fan of ML and the hills. All the sprains even with crampons. Being unfamiliar with the region, I pick the worst hills to try and go over. Need a dozen bandages just to go from one side to the other.

@Dr. S. I didn't want to wait in a bed to ride out the storm. I'm fairly new to Interloper and in all my previous runs I've waited and done way more damage from starving. I prioritized getting food for a few more days vs waiting for good weather. 

I really drank my last hot coffee and sprinted with the wind towards the dam. Spent the day looting it out and warming up, hit the trailers as well. Birch bark tea and cat tails fix my condition enough where sleeping got me back to 90 percent or so. Maybe not the safest immediate choice, but it worked out in the end.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I really drank my last hot coffee and sprinted with the wind towards the dam. Spent the day looting it out and warming up, hit the trailers as well. Birch bark tea and cat tails fix my condition enough where sleeping got me back to 90 percent or so. Maybe not the safest immediate choice, but it worked out in the end.

Not a horrible choice and basically it comes down to whatever works.  Surprised you were able to loot the dam in the dark (I simply can't see these days in the dam without a flare or torch). 

I actually agree with your choice not to return to the logging camp since you had already looked there.  That's why my choice would have been to goat down to the Lonely Cabin, just in case I could find matches or some clothing or food at that location.  I still could have warmed up  and, hopefully, the weather would have cleared.  I then could have made my way to the Trapper's Cabin and from there out to the Mountain Town region if necessary. 

Understandable that, without really knowing that matches are a guaranteed find at the FM forge, you went for ML.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Not a horrible choice and basically it comes down to whatever works.  Surprised you were able to loot the dam in the dark (I simply can't see these days in the dam without a flare or torch). 

I actually agree with your choice not to return to the logging camp since you had already looked there.  That's why my choice would have been to goat down to the Lonely Cabin, just in case I could find matches or some clothing or food at that location.  I still could have warmed up  and, hopefully, the weather would have cleared.  I then could have made my way to the Trapper's Cabin and from there out to the Mountain Town region if necessary. 

Understandable that, without really knowing that matches are a guaranteed find at the FM forge, you went for ML.

I found a fire striker in one of the trailers in front of the dam so I had light. Otherwise I don't know exactly what I would have done. Possibly just run through the Ravine into CH. I tend to avoid Milton. If I'm honest, I tend to avoid most of the southern half of Great Bear. Bleak Inlet is generally about as far south as I'm comfortable surviving. FM generally is a death trap for me. Lost so many runs trying to learn the region I just don't go.

I also tend to forget that cabin is there. I have maps, but I really try not to use them unless I'm in a white out and need a good sense of what direction to head in to get to safety. I kinda just went where I knew I would be safe, and the relative distance to safety.

Fire is life and I was really close to matches at the start. Just didn't know they would be there on looper. Thank you for the information. That will help next time I'm spawned there. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/3/2023 at 2:56 PM, FaT McMarlin said:

Day two Interloper:

Setting is Mystery Lake at the camp office. Time is sunrise.  Only gear you've found is a cotton toque. Single layer shirt, pants and socks, decent dress shoes and no jackets or gloves. No matches found yet, no flares either. 

Sun has just pushed over the horizon and it's light enough to loot indoors. Haven't looted anything but camp office and the lake.

You make your way to the lookout tower. Still clear. Start heading North towards the broken tower and Trappers cabin. Half way down the path headed from the lookout the wind picks up in your face, from the North, and you've got no way to light a torch. A heavy snow storm starts.  Location marked with green square. What do you do? Where do you go? Hypothermia risk is in full swing losing 20 percent condition for every in game hour. Not every indoor location is warm yet including the 3 logging trailers. What do you do? How do you survive?Screenshot_20231103-0818222.thumb.png.bcd4a911eea5fdf3c1988f1d67cb80ce.png

I did survive the situation, but I'm interested to hear what anyone else would have done. 

If hypothermia is on i would make haste to the DAM - toilet water, cat tails outside and loot inside is good enough to cure the cold. I would loot the trailers on the way as well. 

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

This exact scenario just happened to me on interloper. I remembered that grass usually means path and followed until I found the road. Eventually that led to the yellow sign with a truck on it. Kept following road until I reached logging camp. Ducked inside. Slept. When morning came I went to the stove outside and made peaches and birch bark tea. 

edit: this was during a blizzard

Edited by KingFuzz