Forum error (I can’t contact support)

DIA

This started a month ago. I wanted to see the known errors of the game and clicked on the support portal button (the one located above). After 10 seconds of a white screen, I received a notification that this site was unavailable and could not be loaded. I tried to open the site from other devices but without success. I can’t open the site for a month, what should I do?

1 minute ago, DIA said:

Yes, I turned it on and off on my phone, but it doesn’t help. Maybe it depends on the region?

I'm not sure..  I'm not big on tech knowledge I'm afraid..   but if you need to file a report I suggest sending admin a direct message.

On 10/23/2023 at 2:37 PM, DIA said:

Maybe it depends on the region?

There are a few countries from where zendesk is unreachable (on purpose). see:
https://www.zendesk.nl/newsroom/articles/supporting-ukraine/#

Should that be the case in your situation, you may need to restart the government...
or contact Admin in DM - that might be easier.

...if you cannot reach the above link:

Like the rest of the world, we have watched with sorrow and anger as war unfolds in Ukraine. Our hearts break for the people of Ukraine, and we hope world leaders continue to look for swift paths to peace.

While we do not have any business operations in Ukraine, we are supporting our customers and partners there with payment relief so that they may continue to support their customers without interruption.

We’ve donated $400,000 USD to the International Rescue Committee and $300,000 USD to World Central Kitchen from our corporate giving entity, the Zendesk Foundation. These grants will help provide on-the-ground support for people in Ukraine, and aid the overwhelming influx of refugees entering Poland and neighboring countries. Zendesk is also matching employee donations of up to $100,000 USD to the International Rescue Committee. Via our Tech for Good program, we’re offering free software, and volunteers to assist with setup, to nonprofits providing aid, relocation and other services to the people of Ukraine. We welcome all applications here.

We’ve suspended all sales activities in Russia and Belarus. For our small number of existing customers there, we will, in compliance with sanctions and export controls, honor our current commitments but, as current subscription terms expire, exit these relationships.

We recognize the situation in Ukraine is rapidly evolving. We’re committed to continue looking for ways to support the people of Ukraine, neighboring countries, and all communities impacted by this event.

We support Ukraine. We stand for peace.

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 1

On 10/23/2023 at 12:17 PM, DIA said:

I wanted to see the known errors of the game

fyi - as of this moment:

Known Issues

The following sections contain critical or high-impact known issues. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. These articles were last updated July 25th, 2023 and are reviewed on a monthly basis.

PC

Error -9 and -7 upon launch

Presentation: Upon launch some players will attempt to pass the disclaimer screen and find that they hang on a black screen, never progressing to the main menu.

Workaround: The TLD team has released some code fixes which should make this issue less common, however may still need to address edge cases. If you encounter either error, please follow the instructions here to collect your log files, and contact support via the link in the bottom right with a copy of your logs for further investigation.

Some Epic Game Store players will find that they crash upon attempting to progress past the disclaimer screen.

Presentation: A small subset of EGS players will find that they are unable to progress past the disclaimer screen without crashing to the desktop.

Workaround: There is no known workaround at this time, however the team is investigating and will be addressing the root cause as soon as we identify it.

Episode 3 Whiteout Mission: Rescue the Survivors cannot be completed

Presentation: Sometimes players will find that the Whiteout Mission in Episode 3 cannot be completed as some of the Survivors may not be counted as "rescued". Additionally, players may find that they can no longer interact with or click on Survivors, resulting in a "soft lock" situation.

Workaround: The problem causing this issue has been fixed. Players who have already encountered this issue however can progress their game by moving each survivor onto one of the provided bedrolls in the Community Center. Should your mission not update, please leave and re-enter the building and try adjusting the survivors once again.

Game resets after transitioning to a new Region

Presentation: On very rare occasions, after transitioning to a new region, interior or exterior in Survival mode, players may find their game world and inventory have reset to a new game state. All progress is reverted to a new Survival game, including Journal entries and Collections.

Workaround: If you find yourself in this state, we highly recommend immediately quitting so as to not save this state to your current save file. Should you wish to assist in helping Hinterland discover the root cause of this issue, it would be extremely helpful to copy your current "good" save file (found by following the directions in this article [link]), proceeding to save your game in this "bad" state, and then sending it in to our team through the SUPPORT button below. You can always restore your save by replacing the "good" save file to your save folder after saving in a "bad" state and sending both files in.

Clothing will dry at a much slower rate near a fire while worn

Presentation: Should a player attempt to dry their clothing by a fire by standing near it, they will find that the clothing will dry at a slower rate than expected.

Workaround: Dropping, or dropping and re-equipping a clothing item will result in the article drying at a faster rate.

• Upvote 1

General troubleshooting advice, try mixing it up. Sign out of the Forums and see if the Support link works when logged out. Try a different browser. Try a different device. if you use a VPN, try disabling VPN. Or if you don't use VPN, maybe give one a try. Try connecting to a different network, like at a library or McDonalds or something. Or if you're on mobile an easy way is to simply shut off wi-fi and rely on mobile data for a few seconds--that counts as a separate network.

Basically you want to just try testing it and figure out if the problem is with the site itself (it isn't, since the rest of us can get in), your device, your browser, your internet connection, or possibly just your specific account.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 7:51 PM, AdamvR said:

There are a few countries from where zendesk is unreachable (on purpose). see:
https://www.zendesk.nl/newsroom/articles/supporting-ukraine/#

Should that be the case in your situation, you may need to restart the government...
or contact Admin in DM - that might be easier.

...if you cannot reach the above link:

Like the rest of the world, we have watched with sorrow and anger as war unfolds in Ukraine. Our hearts break for the people of Ukraine, and we hope world leaders continue to look for swift paths to peace.

While we do not have any business operations in Ukraine, we are supporting our customers and partners there with payment relief so that they may continue to support their customers without interruption.

We’ve donated $400,000 USD to the International Rescue Committee and $300,000 USD to World Central Kitchen from our corporate giving entity, the Zendesk Foundation. These grants will help provide on-the-ground support for people in Ukraine, and aid the overwhelming influx of refugees entering Poland and neighboring countries. Zendesk is also matching employee donations of up to $100,000 USD to the International Rescue Committee. Via our Tech for Good program, we’re offering free software, and volunteers to assist with setup, to nonprofits providing aid, relocation and other services to the people of Ukraine. We welcome all applications here.

We’ve suspended all sales activities in Russia and Belarus. For our small number of existing customers there, we will, in compliance with sanctions and export controls, honor our current commitments but, as current subscription terms expire, exit these relationships.

We recognize the situation in Ukraine is rapidly evolving. We’re committed to continue looking for ways to support the people of Ukraine, neighboring countries, and all communities impacted by this event.

We support Ukraine. We stand for peace.

16 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

General troubleshooting advice, try mixing it up. Sign out of the Forums and see if the Support link works when logged out. Try a different browser. Try a different device. if you use a VPN, try disabling VPN. Or if you don't use VPN, maybe give one a try. Try connecting to a different network, like at a library or McDonalds or something. Or if you're on mobile an easy way is to simply shut off wi-fi and rely on mobile data for a few seconds--that counts as a separate network.

Basically you want to just try testing it and figure out if the problem is with the site itself (it isn't, since the rest of us can get in), your device, your browser, your internet connection, or possibly just your specific account.

On 10/23/2023 at 11:10 PM, ManicManiac said:

Hinterland Support (zendesk.com)
Site is definitely up (at least from this end).
image.thumb.png.9e09ed5a22131183d9ff8d40cac8879f.png

:coffee::fire::coffee:

On 10/23/2023 at 3:39 PM, Leeanda said:

I'm not sure..  I'm not big on tech knowledge I'm afraid..   but if you need to file a report I suggest sending admin a direct message.

Thank you all very much for your help in solving this problem! The matter really turned out to be in the region! After connecting the VPN, I was able to contact support! Thank you again for your advice and help! :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DIA said:

Thank you all very much for your help in solving this problem! The matter really turned out to be in the region! After connecting the VPN, I was able to contact support! Thank you again for your advice and help! :)

I'm glad you got it sorted.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1