Glimmerfog effects and behaviour.

I am currently at Forsaken Airfield and although I have encountered a large number of glimmerfog, I have never seen red sparks on the  snow.  Is it normal? Is it dangerous? I did not step on it, but better to know. It was like small red dot jumping here and there on the snow.

Second thing is: Is the glimmerfog always comming from North? When I am at the airfield, I can see the fog rolling from the North, some time before. If I am near cabins on North side, there is absolutelly no warning and fog just drops down.

Excited to see how glimmerfog effects navigation in the other dlc regions. Hoping it brings unique challenges other than difficult navigation and insomnia for each one! Then again, the effect of insomnia may be made worse simply by the design of future regions. Can't wait to see!

About the navigation. Recently I spent two days in cabin on the island. Two days blizzard on voyager... Third day was sunny morning. So I decided to go to cabin on the rock nearby. Simple trip. Once I got on the ice, boom, glimmerfog. It took whole day stumbling here and there to get to my destination. 

• 1 month later...

The weather on the airfield is killing me. I am there for ingame month. It seems like it is better to move at night. There was I think two days with visibility to navigate. Glimmerfog, fog, blizzard, you name it. It happens every day.

Navigating during aurora night though. It is great. The view of the airfield during aurora night is great and beautiful.

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2023 at 7:26 AM, acada said:

About the navigation. Recently I spent two days in cabin on the island. Two days blizzard on voyager... Third day was sunny morning. So I decided to go to cabin on the rock nearby. Simple trip. Once I got on the ice, boom, glimmerfog. It took whole day stumbling here and there to get to my destination. 

Best way in that situation for me is to just go in a str8 line  until i reach a waypoint of somekind or the edge of the map. There are shelters in every part of the map on the edges or close to them. Worst way to do it is to start to change direction. 

1 hour ago, acada said:

The weather on the airfield is killing me. I am there for ingame month. It seems like it is better to move at night. There was I think two days with visibility to navigate. Glimmerfog, fog, blizzard, you name it. It happens every day.

Navigating during aurora night though. It is great. The view of the airfield during aurora night is great and beautiful.

Yeah the weather is harsh. That is why in one of my longer runs i have brought 200 coal there from coastal highway (i had a stash of ~ 400 coal there). Took me 3 runs but it made living in the region a lot easier.