Idea for a small easter egg

JackTrysGames

This may seem completely out of the blue, but I'd love to be able to pick up the teddy bears that spawn around the map. Maybe even an achievement for collecting all the teddy bears on Great Bear.

It'd just be nice to have a friend in the lonely Canadian wilderness, even if it's a stuffed animal.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Just think how much warm padding you could get! Evil-grinch GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You and me are going to fall out 😁.   

You do realise that the improvised padding is smaller than that bear... it'd be warmer to jus put the bear in your coat.....without cutting him to bits.

33 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

too bulky ;)

Well the one in the video is but not the ones in the game...

They look small enough to fit a couple under the coats.. 😊.    The coats that magically fit us no matter who we are......

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Aww.. lol..  🧸.             And reduces cabin fever by 10% 😊

Can you imagine the atmosphere of finding a lone corpse clutching the teddy bear??

Love the cabin fever suggestion btw

Edited by Semple Fi
Yep
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

Can you imagine the atmosphere of finding a lone corpse clutching the teddy bear??

Love the cabin fever suggestion btw

That would be very sad to see...   maybe a bit bittersweet ...

Thank you.....    we all need some comfort  in a harsh world..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

Maybe that could work for a challenge… something like As The Dead Sleep?

“It’s a cold and lonely world out there. Mommy is gone. Daddy is gone. They’re all gone. They’re asleep and won’t wake up. The only thing keeping you going is Teddy, and he’s starting to fall apart. Find a sewing kit and fix Teddy before the real bears find you.”

EDIT: That actually doesn’t jive at all with the original idea :D.

Edited by conanjaguar
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Maybe that could work for a challenge… something like As The Dead Sleep?

“It’s a cold and lonely world out there. Mommy is gone. Daddy is gone. They’re all gone. They’re asleep and won’t wake up. The only thing keeping you going is Teddy, and he’s starting to fall apart. Find a sewing kit and fix Teddy before the real bears find you.”

EDIT: That actually doesn’t jive at all with the original idea :D.

Perhaps it could be an achievement like in episode 1 of Wintermute? You have to find the teddy bear first, then deposit it at a specific gravesite? Potentially, there could be a buried capsule with a “prize”, but can only be found during an aurora.  Or during the glimmer fog if the gravesite is in FA.  Teddy will be found in a mine in the upcoming mine region…

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

OMG these are great ideas!

Please let me collect the teddy bears.

Also Conanjaguars idea is great.  The story with that litterally made me shiver.

Wait a second... a challenge where you play as a child, and you have to collect teddy bears to stay sane...?  Would you be weaker?  You've got me thinking now...