DLC. plot, theories, assumptions

6 hours ago, DIA said:

Unfortunately I was wrong, or it's a small plot hole! The Carter Dam is not connected to the Lankton Mine! This became clear from the note found on the dam in the second episode. The note said that the dam was supposed to provide electricity to a mine for the extraction of COAL and COPPER! The power line tower on the hill most likely belongs to another power plant.

Oh but you were very right about the transmission sights and what the gadget kinda does, still don't know exactly. But the gadget was designed to send it's power or product to somewhere, the radio telescope is my only conclusion.

I was wrong about bad construction though. It was a dangerous place and the earth quakes were the real reason for instability. Notes confirmed that.

Have you finished yet? Can we get deep into our assumed facts and new theories?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Oh but you were very right about the transmission sights and what the gadget kinda does, still don't know exactly. But the gadget was designed to send it's power or product to somewhere, the radio telescope is my only conclusion.

I was wrong about bad construction though. It was a dangerous place and the earth quakes were the real reason for instability. Notes confirmed that.

Have you finished yet? Can we get deep into our assumed facts and new theories?

Unfortunately, I have not yet made it out of the quiet river valley. I plan to start exploring during the main race. But the problem is that on it I have not yet fully completed the fairy tale - an empty signal. And I'm afraid of fairy tales overlapping each other.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah, is very very real. The energy and what it does to GBI. I had to restart the tale once cause I goated down the wrong cliff. 😂😂😂😂. I've just got a few theories to discuss with you once you get finished. To me there's a massive connection between Wintermute and survival made in the mine and without knowing what happens there, it kinda spoils it. It's pure speculation based on dialogue but not everyone in Wintermute is who the appear to be. Someone is lying.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Oh yeah, is very very real. The energy and what it does to GBI. I had to restart the tale once cause I goated down the wrong cliff. 😂😂😂😂. I've just got a few theories to discuss with you once you get finished. To me there's a massive connection between Wintermute and survival made in the mine and without knowing what happens there, it kinda spoils it. It's pure speculation based on dialogue but not everyone in Wintermute is who the appear to be. Someone is lying.

The theory about the history of the great bear is very cool! Also, when I went to Wiki, I accidentally found this (gallery section, look at your own risk!)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DIA said:

The theory about the history of the great bear is very cool! Also, when I went to Wiki, I accidentally found this (gallery section, look at your own risk!)

I'm sure there's things I forgot to mention or get wrong. And that's ok. Ever since I completed Buried Echoes the thought of who Rudiger really is has been driving me bonkers lol. There's just to many clues to ignore. So many concepts my head registers making my theory seem like it's the truth. I can't wait for the story to finish and we have what really happened. Or more information to speculate upon.

• Upvote 2

I have an idea for bunkers! The fairy tale bunkers signal emptiness, these are old military bunkers left over after the war. Rüdiger equipped these bunkers as small laboratories. The fact that these bunkers have remained since the war is evidenced by their structure and location. The entrances to the bunkers are located on the slopes of the hills as if “hiding” behind them! This is done to avoid the shock wave from the explosion. The size and depth of these bunkers shows that it will take a lot of time to build such a bunker and such construction is unlikely to go unnoticed! Also, each bunker has a special device for communication between bunkers - a switch. Old cable telephone exchange. Judging by the number of plugs on the device, there must be more than a dozen bins!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DIA said:

I have an idea for bunkers! The fairy tale bunkers signal emptiness, these are old military bunkers left over after the war. Rüdiger equipped these bunkers as small laboratories. The fact that these bunkers have remained since the war is evidenced by their structure and location. The entrances to the bunkers are located on the slopes of the hills as if “hiding” behind them! This is done to avoid the shock wave from the explosion. The size and depth of these bunkers shows that it will take a lot of time to build such a bunker and such construction is unlikely to go unnoticed! Also, each bunker has a special device for communication between bunkers - a switch. Old cable telephone exchange. Judging by the number of plugs on the device, there must be more than a dozen bins!

I think they were created by the project, maybe as a safe house system for the employees so the Islanders didn't know where they were exactly. Keeping them safe from retribution or curious eyes. The different door designs lead me to think that they are connected to the project though. Normal preper bunkers in game look very different.

I agree completely that they were hidden by whomever built them. They were placed in a way that it would be somewhat difficult to just stumble upon.  Perhaps it's a mixture of both. Like the Bleak Inlet bunker seems to be the smallest, and possibly the only one to be taken over. Found by the security chief, since she likes to sit by waterfalls. It inspired her to create others as safe houses. 

• Upvote 2

I couldn’t resist and decided to watch a walkthrough of the new fairy tale on YouTube, but in the end I only watched one video (apparently the ending). That moment when the main character walked up to the control panel and extended his hand to the device, and then lost consciousness. At that moment my brain simply “exploded”! I thought for a long time what happened and why did the main character faint? I think I have the answer! Perhaps when the character approached the device, a voice from the loudspeaker (let's call this mysterious person that) turned on the device remotely. But I'm interested in a more important question: where did the electricity come from to activate the machine? I can't answer this question yet :(

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DIA said:

I couldn’t resist and decided to watch a walkthrough of the new fairy tale on YouTube, but in the end I only watched one video (apparently the ending). That moment when the main character walked up to the control panel and extended his hand to the device, and then lost consciousness. At that moment my brain simply “exploded”! I thought for a long time what happened and why did the main character faint? I think I have the answer! Perhaps when the character approached the device, a voice from the loudspeaker (let's call this mysterious person that) turned on the device remotely. But I'm interested in a more important question: where did the electricity come from to activate the machine? I can't answer this question yet :(

My only answer lies in static electricity from a snow storm, and the device being a Tesla coil. If you look up what's a Tesla coil looks like, you're inside the ball. You're in the heart of the coil. We don't get to see the true size of it all, just a glorious glimpse of a sliver of a massive machine.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 6:30 PM, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

Might be overthinking this, but the globes I've seen look to be tilted a bit too much... possibly as a result of Rudiger's contraption?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

image.thumb.jpeg.be6fec71a9c1179103fafd33be651c84.jpeg

Do you mean the change of the earth's poles? I don’t think that the power of Rüdiger’s apparatus was enough for this to happen. For this to happen, a colossally large amount of electricity is needed! I don't think the power of the Carter Dam would be enough for this. But the theory is interesting, thanks for sharing!

• Upvote 1

Continents move. For all we know the earths crust shifted in the games universe and pushed Great Bear further north. It could have been on the cusp of the arctic circle and with a big enough shift over time, Great Bear has finally moved into it. The devs don't do anything by accident I'm figuring out. The extreme tilt means something. 

It's like how Methuselah calls Milton Paradise Lost, referring to an epic poem written hundreds of years ago by a John Milton. Took me way to long to put those two together, but hey, better late than never.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1