DLC. plot, theories, assumptions

This topic is entirely dedicated to the plot of survival mode! Here you can publish your theories and assumptions. For a long time, the mystery of Aurora’s appearance was not revealed, but the new fairy tale “Signal Void” helped us get a little closer to the truth! Here I will present my theory of the appearance of Aurora, supported by facts! And you can help me develop this theory! The theory itself will come out in a few hours!

• Like 1

image.png.d3ea27162aafa0153f5e6812a8cd39f0.png  image.png.cfa65acf543786097807214ce277240a.png

My theory contains speculation and assumptions! In the mid-twenty-first century, an airfield called Field 31 is built on a remote plain in the center of the Great Bear. Nearby, beyond the mountain pass, they begin to dig a mine called the Lankton Mine. The airfield was intended to transport materials for the construction of a machine that was going to be built in a nearby mine. The construction was noticed, and the airfield workers were told that the airfield was built to transport mail. Judging by the records in the Alpha bunker, it can be understood that the machine consumes a huge amount of energy. Perhaps the machine was designed to wirelessly transmit electricity over long distances, like Tesla's machine. To track these transmissions, four bunkers were built: in a quiet river valley, in a pale bay, in an abandoned airfield, in a pleasant valley. To provide the machine with electricity, a hydroelectric power station named after Carter was built; perhaps he also knew about the machine and offered his service. Having studied the iceberg the long dark, I found one interesting phrase: “Carter Dam is not a dam, it’s a cover.” It is true that a huge amount of measuring equipment can be found on the dam, but why? Perhaps they planned to build another bunker on a mysterious lake, but a local gang of conservationists prevented construction. Therefore, they decided to place the equipment on the dam, on floors specially configured for this purpose. To confirm that the Carter Dam powers the machine, I will say that in one of the notes on the dam in the second episode you can read that the dam was built to provide energy to a nearby mining town, and one of the high-voltage towers can be found at the Wandering Pass in the distant territories.

• Like 3

As you remember from the previous theory, a machine for transmitting electricity over long distances was located in the Langton mine. But something must receive this energy. Let's call the machine located in the Langton mine "Point 1" and the receiver machine "Point 2". The location of "point 2" is still unknown, but perhaps we will find out soon. On the fateful day - the day of the appearance of Aurora, trial tests were carried out on the transmission of electricity at night. In order to transfer energy from 1 to 2, machine 1 began to accumulate a very powerful charge of energy. When there were seconds left before launch, the northern lights began. It is known that the northern lights are formed by solar radiation; the electromagnetic field saves the planet from solar radiation. Closer to the poles, this field is weaker and the sun's rays interact with the air to form the northern lights. There are several known cases where the sun's rays broke through the field and negatively affected electronics. The electronics simply burned out. Also in the case of the machine, the rays penetrated the field and affected the equipment of the machine. The wiring burned out and the machine failed. As a result of the failure, a powerful energy explosion occurred, and all equipment in the area was out of order! But why does the electronics start working when a new northern light begins? To do this, we will have to go to point 2. I assume that point 2 was a receiver, receiving energy from point 1, but perhaps the equipment at point 2 could not only receive this energy but also transmit it further. On the fateful day after the energy explosion, the equipment at point 2 also failed, and the machine at point 2 began to perform completely different functions! Now when the northern lights begin, the machine at point 2 receives electromagnetic radiation and converts it into a more powerful charge of energy, and then throws it out, as happened at point 1. The electronics start working again until the northern lights end. The consequences of an energy explosion can be found in distant areas, in the form of black snow, like after a fire!

• Like 2

I'm going to have to read your theories before I can truly discuss. I want to give my thoughts before they are influenced by anything said previously.

So I think the new mine we're getting was a very old strip mine. It was possibly abandoned in the 40s or 50s due to earth quakes and instability. I think field 31 served as a primary method of reaching the vast in land of GBI. Perhaps the center of the island is encircled by mountain ranges. Like it's the center of a giant volcano caldera.

I think the events of signal void take place a good 10 to 15 years before the collapse and first flare of Wintermute. I think Rutgers gadget is an experimental reactor of sorts. Whatever it was, it wasn't designed well, and the construction crew were sloppy with assembly. 

When they started to run the original experiments the gadget developed a flaw and created a minor magnet field.  Rutger kept going. The flaw worsened which is why they were doing evaluations and security was increased. The magnetic field creates the glimmer fog and that was beginning to effect everyone, shutting down the air field and train station. The fog is created by earths magnetic field and the gadgets magnetic field interacting with a discharge of electrons as particles try to find an electrical balance.

Eventually the gadget got so bad that they had to pull the plug and turn it off. Only it refuses to shut down entirely. Although it runs slowly, it builds up a fantastic charge of electricity. When the charge is high enough the glimmer fog appears, just weaker than before. But the gadget has a major malfunction one night and blast a massive EMP wave, the first flare, and rips all life from the electronics starting the story of Wintermute.

The aurura is purely local. It happens when the gadget in is extremely broken state blast out a massive ion bombardment and EMP wave upon the local magnetic field. And because everything was fried by the first EMP burst, for some reason the 2 magnetic fields mixed with an electrical pulse gives life to everything.

The bears were woken by the first flare and it changed their mental state. They are disturbed by the new magnetic disruptions making them hyper aggressive and can no longer hibernate, wolves are blood thirsty, oddly the moose is still just as mean as before.

The world carries on like GBI doesn't exist after Wintermute. It's so far north it's forgotten. When you crash in survival mode, you're the first person alive to set foot on GBI in at least a year, maybe 2. In that time, the gadgets only gotten worse and that's why we have frequent auroras. 

• Upvote 3

On 9/29/2023 at 10:30 AM, DIA said:

As you remember from the previous theory, a machine for transmitting electricity over long distances was located in the Langton mine. But something must receive this energy. Let's call the machine located in the Langton mine "Point 1" and the receiver machine "Point 2". The location of "point 2" is still unknown, but perhaps we will find out soon. On the fateful day - the day of the appearance of Aurora, trial tests were carried out on the transmission of electricity at night. In order to transfer energy from 1 to 2, machine 1 began to accumulate a very powerful charge of energy. When there were seconds left before launch, the northern lights began. It is known that the northern lights are formed by solar radiation; the electromagnetic field saves the planet from solar radiation. Closer to the poles, this field is weaker and the sun's rays interact with the air to form the northern lights. There are several known cases where the sun's rays broke through the field and negatively affected electronics. The electronics simply burned out. Also in the case of the machine, the rays penetrated the field and affected the equipment of the machine. The wiring burned out and the machine failed. As a result of the failure, a powerful energy explosion occurred, and all equipment in the area was out of order! But why does the electronics start working when a new northern light begins? To do this, we will have to go to point 2. I assume that point 2 was a receiver, receiving energy from point 1, but perhaps the equipment at point 2 could not only receive this energy but also transmit it further. On the fateful day after the energy explosion, the equipment at point 2 also failed, and the machine at point 2 began to perform completely different functions! Now when the northern lights begin, the machine at point 2 receives electromagnetic radiation and converts it into a more powerful charge of energy, and then throws it out, as happened at point 1. The electronics start working again until the northern lights end. The consequences of an energy explosion can be found in distant areas, in the form of black snow, like after a fire!

My only question is how the radio telescope in Perseverance Mills isn't the receiver. Jace talks about it in Wintermute and it's electronics are shielded. The telescope is also located on an old military installation. It would be perfect to cover up between the 3. Government funded telescope with hidden properties and special care to protect it, excuse: close to the Northern Lights and why risk the equipment. The device in the abandoned mine built to transmit. The dam to power it all.

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:55 AM, DIA said:

By the way, yes! Thank you very much, I didn't notice that! Perhaps Jace knows about the machine in the mine and wants to prevent everything! Your suggestion is very good, thank you!

We know she's headed back to the telescope in Perseverance Mills when the first flare happens. She never says where she's coming from, that I can remember. She's stuck in Black Rock having escaped the roads in Keepers, maybe, she's definitely stuck.

I think the road winds from Perseverance Mills through Plesant Valley into Keeper's Pass South. I think part of the road blocked by the landslide is a split with one way leading to Black Rock and the other leads to Milton. The road by the bear in Milton loops around HRV and into the interior. It's very possible that she's coming from the gadget. It would fit into what I remember from Wintermute and your theory about them being connected.

Want to include this to my theory:

I think Jeremiah is part of the original security team. The group was asked if one would stay behind to monitor the island and try to make sure no one messed with the mine or discovered it's secrets. He volunteered and his communication cabin is in Mystery Lake as it's got a decent signal. The bear story is just part of his existence. He really used the bear to hide as it was hunting him. His luck ran out when Will saves him. The bear allowed him to move un-noticed cause bears get noticed first.  I think he regularly reported to Dr Atwood as she was part of the cover up, but from the mainland.

Jace was a student who dug to deep and discovered things she wasn't supposed too. I think Wintermute is the code word for the gadget being discovered and unsealed. The first flare happened before Jeremiah could use the radio. The bear attack prevented him from going to Dr Atwood in person. He only acted like he didn't really know where Perseverance Mills was. It fits more with my theory on the mine and the telescope being separate. Dr Atwood  knows about the cover up and is in the same chain of protecting the mine and the gadget. They just aren't using the gadget anymore and it's been sealed away. A team have been monitoring the island for a decade plus. Jeremiah is a savage and doesn't mind baby sitting the mine itself. He saw Jace enter the mine and started the journey on foot to get to the cabin in Mystery Lake. He almost made it when the bear got him and Will finds him. At this point, I don't think he knew the aurura destroyed the electronics. I think he climbed through the mountains. Only when he woke did he fully understand what happened and how damaged the gadget was. He just couldn't do anything about it.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

We know she's headed back to the telescope in Perseverance Mills when the first flare happens. She never says where she's coming from, that I can remember. She's stuck in Black Rock having escaped the roads in Keepers, maybe, she's definitely stuck.

I think the road winds from Perseverance Mills through Plesant Valley into Keeper's Pass South. I think part of the road blocked by the landslide is a split with one way leading to Black Rock and the other leads to Milton. The road by the bear in Milton loops around HRV and into the interior. It's very possible that she's coming from the gadget. It would fit into what I remember from Wintermute and your theory about them being connected.

Want to include this to my theory:

I think Jeremiah is part of the original security team. The group was asked if one would stay behind to monitor the island and try to make sure no one messed with the mine or discovered it's secrets. He volunteered and his communication cabin is in Mystery Lake as it's got a decent signal. The bear story is just part of his existence. He really used the bear to hide as it was hunting him. His luck ran out when Will saves him. The bear allowed him to move un-noticed cause bears get noticed first.  I think he regularly reported to Dr Atwood as she was part of the cover up, but from the mainland.

Jace was a student who dug to deep and discovered things she wasn't supposed too. I think Wintermute is the code word for the gadget being discovered and unsealed. The first flare happened before Jeremiah could use the radio. The bear attack prevented him from going to Dr Atwood in person. He only acted like he didn't really know where Perseverance Mills was. It fits more with my theory on the mine and the telescope being separate. Dr Atwood  knows about the cover up and is in the same chain of protecting the mine and the gadget. They just aren't using the gadget anymore and it's been sealed away. A team have been monitoring the island for a decade plus. Jeremiah is a savage and doesn't mind baby sitting the mine itself. He saw Jace enter the mine and started the journey on foot to get to the cabin in Mystery Lake. He almost made it when the bear got him and Will finds him. At this point, I don't think he knew the aurura destroyed the electronics. I think he climbed through the mountains. Only when he woke did he fully understand what happened and how damaged the gadget was. He just couldn't do anything about it.

I have a theory about Old Bear! Perhaps Old Bear used to be an ordinary bear, but after the energy blast, he mutated like other bears! It acquired the properties of very fast regeneration; After being hit by a pistol, the wound healed very quickly! To prevent Mackenzie from having any questions about the bear, Jeremy remembered an old story that happened on the island many years ago and attributed the bear to that story.

4 minutes ago, DIA said:

I have a theory about Old Bear! Perhaps Old Bear used to be an ordinary bear, but after the energy blast, he mutated like other bears! It acquired the properties of very fast regeneration; After being hit by a pistol, the wound healed very quickly! To prevent Mackenzie from having any questions about the bear, Jeremy remembered an old story that happened on the island many years ago and attributed the bear to that story.

image.png.9827a11f3eeaac55f987661c67fb15b4.png

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, DIA said:

Jeremiah states that animals we're disturbed and woke by flare. I think he got ambushed by the old bear who he thought was hibernating. The difference between the old bear and the rest is the old bear looks like a grizzly, and the last one left on the island. It's not that he's magical, he's literally got a real 1000lbs on the black bears.

• Upvote 2

Breyerhouse is a logging company on Big Bear Island. But is it? I'll try to explain! Breyerhouse cut down the forest and transported it by rail towards the coastal highway for transportation to the mainland, but what if this is a cover! Breyerhouse has special cars that can ride on rails. Such cars can be found in many locations of the Great Bear, but what is most interesting: these cars can be found at an abandoned airfield and near the old station in the distant territory!!! Yes, perhaps Hinterland posted these cars just for decoration, or is it still a clue! It is known that Breyerhouse took some part in the construction of the Carter Dam, it is possible that it was from there that they learned about the construction of the machine, and offered their help! The construction of the airfield and the mine required a lot of building materials, namely wood. Breyerhouse began cutting down trees in huge quantities and answered questions: “this is needed for the mainland.” In fact, the logs loaded onto the trains were transported to a distant territory; this can be evidenced by the large number of freight railway platforms with logs next to the tunnel, not far from the old station!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DIA said:

Breyerhouse is a logging company on Big Bear Island. But is it? I'll try to explain! Breyerhouse cut down the forest and transported it by rail towards the coastal highway for transportation to the mainland, but what if this is a cover! Breyerhouse has special cars that can ride on rails. Such cars can be found in many locations of the Great Bear, but what is most interesting: these cars can be found at an abandoned airfield and near the old station in the distant territory!!! Yes, perhaps Hinterland posted these cars just for decoration, or is it still a clue! It is known that Breyerhouse took some part in the construction of the Carter Dam, it is possible that it was from there that they learned about the construction of the machine, and offered their help! The construction of the airfield and the mine required a lot of building materials, namely wood. Breyerhouse began cutting down trees in huge quantities and answered questions: “this is needed for the mainland.” In fact, the logs loaded onto the trains were transported to a distant territory; this can be evidenced by the large number of freight railway platforms with logs next to the tunnel, not far from the old station!

Perhaps they supplied logs to both?  We need a lumbermill!

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 1

On 10/12/2023 at 6:25 AM, DIA said:

What if Breyerhouse isn't just logging company, but the construction company hired to build and work on the secret projects on the island. We just see the logging side the most. They built the mine, the dam and the telescope. And with all government work, it went to the lowest bid and that's why all the projects they touched, failed. They cut corners everywhere they went and that, while not entirely responsible for the island infrastructure falling apart, earth quakes and shifting grounds mixed with bad design and construction meant that every single shift in the earth caused exponential weaknesses throughout the island until the rails and buildings couldn't flex anymore and broke.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

While going through the third episode, I noticed one little thing: phones. Why do phones continue to work despite a complete power outage!? I think the point is that, as Molly said: “The phones are connected, from one you can call everything.” Telephone lines extend beyond the lower Big Bear and into the backcountry. After the first flash, static electricity remained in the ground, and its power was enough to power the telephone network!

• Upvote 1

With the release of the new developer diary, my theories have been seriously shaken! In other words, with the appearance of strange waste in the Lankton mine, my theory about the energy transfer experiment may have been wrong! When I first read about waste, I began to come up with such theories and in such quantities that it would take two pages to fit! But out of all this, I chose two theories that are more similar to the truth! So, let's begin! Theory 1: As a result of operation, the machine overheated and required cooling. For cooling, water was required, which was taken from a nearby lake. After cooling, the water became toxic, but this was not noticed and the water was poured back into the lake. But when this was noticed it was too late. Theory 2: Liquefied gas was transported in barrels. As a result of the construction of the mine, extensive gas chambers were discovered, and in order not to waste the gas, it was distilled into a liquid state and packaged in barrels. After the first flash, gas poured out. I haven’t fully figured out how and why the wolves mutated, but perhaps you figured it out! Write!

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2023 at 1:18 AM, DIA said:

While going through the third episode, I noticed one little thing: phones. Why do phones continue to work despite a complete power outage!? I think the point is that, as Molly said: “The phones are connected, from one you can call everything.” Telephone lines extend beyond the lower Big Bear and into the backcountry. After the first flash, static electricity remained in the ground, and its power was enough to power the telephone network!

Sorry, I've been busy and away from the forum.

The phones still work because they are analog and run on physical inputs. Like the old play telephones you see kids make with plastic cups and string. They are all connected together through one wire system for easy maintenance. Everything analog survived. If it uses a digital or electronic input to send signals, it died. 

17 hours ago, DIA said:

With the release of the new developer diary, my theories have been seriously shaken! In other words, with the appearance of strange waste in the Lankton mine, my theory about the energy transfer experiment may have been wrong! When I first read about waste, I began to come up with such theories and in such quantities that it would take two pages to fit! But out of all this, I chose two theories that are more similar to the truth! So, let's begin! Theory 1: As a result of operation, the machine overheated and required cooling. For cooling, water was required, which was taken from a nearby lake. After cooling, the water became toxic, but this was not noticed and the water was poured back into the lake. But when this was noticed it was too late. Theory 2: Liquefied gas was transported in barrels. As a result of the construction of the mine, extensive gas chambers were discovered, and in order not to waste the gas, it was distilled into a liquid state and packaged in barrels. After the first flash, gas poured out. I haven’t fully figured out how and why the wolves mutated, but perhaps you figured it out! Write!

I don't know about the wolves yet. I'll have to see them and what they are living in before I can take a guess at it. 

I still think it's an extremely powerful experimental 2 stage reactor in the mine. Just badly put together. Ended up being uncontrollable and stabilized itself into a miniature sun kinda. Constant fusion of hydrogen into helium with a second part that takes the helium, and in a controlled fission separates it back to hydrogen for a constant fuel supply. Hence why it can't be turned off now and creates the electromagnetic field over the island. 

I have no idea if a 2 stage reactor can function like this or are even a real world thing.  Just pure speculation into things I have no knowledge in. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea about mutant wolves. As we know, the Lankton mine was the epicenter of an energy explosion. As we know, during the Aurora, wolves are “charged” with energy and become green, stronger, more durable and possibly have faster regeneration. And this is only in the lower Big Bear regions, but what happened to the wolves living in the Lankton mine area? I'll try to explain! As you already know, there was a dump of waste on the territory of the mine, imagine that on the night of Aurora’s appearance some wolf tasted the waste and accordingly became poisoned. When the wolf was in a dying state, an energy explosion occurred. (Important: the wolf was still alive at the time of the explosion!!!) It is known that when a person is in a near-death state, a special device is used to bring him out of this state - a defibrillator. Information about the operation of the device is at the very bottom↓. The energy impulse was so powerful that it could affect the wolf’s body! The chemicals no longer have a negative effect on the wolf’s body, but on the contrary, they are absorbed! The wolf has mutated.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defibrillation&ved=2ahUKEwie-9fuq9eCAxXnFBAIHVpCCcwQFnoECB0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3d5lwGRmcceRiFrP8cYobI

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, the fourth part is out! So, it's time to confirm or deny my theories about the unit and the Carter Dam. But I’ll say in advance: “There will be no theories on new content in the next two weeks!” The fact is that I haven’t logged into the game for a long time and now I’m also in the valley of a quiet river. So I will only post the theory once I've learned new content! Also, if you learn new content before me, feel free to post your theories here! Thank you for your understanding :3!

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2023 at 2:13 AM, DIA said:

So, the fourth part is out! So, it's time to confirm or deny my theories about the unit and the Carter Dam. But I’ll say in advance: “There will be no theories on new content in the next two weeks!” The fact is that I haven’t logged into the game for a long time and now I’m also in the valley of a quiet river. So I will only post the theory once I've learned new content! Also, if you learn new content before me, feel free to post your theories here! Thank you for your understanding :3!

I died trying to figure the rest of SV out in the new region. I had to restart this morning. So far I've gotten 1 bunker finished and about to head into PV for my second. While I don't want to spoil what I know so far from what I've seen in the region, I'll say this: abandoned uranium mine. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/8/2023 at 4:14 AM, FaT McMarlin said:

I died trying to figure the rest of SV out in the new region. I had to restart this morning. So far I've gotten 1 bunker finished and about to head into PV for my second. While I don't want to spoil what I know so far from what I've seen in the region, I'll say this: abandoned uranium mine. 

Unfortunately I was wrong, or it's a small plot hole! The Carter Dam is not connected to the Lankton Mine! This became clear from the note found on the dam in the second episode. The note said that the dam was supposed to provide electricity to a mine for the extraction of COAL and COPPER! The power line tower on the hill most likely belongs to another power plant.