Allow magnifying lens fires in locations without loading screen and windows to the outside

Serenity

Specifically I'm thinking of the Bleak Inlet kitchen / break room. There is a fire barrel right under a window, but somehow you can't use the magnifying lens.

But this could also apply to the two cabins on the far side on Forsaken Airfield. Or the train station at Transfer Pass.

Not sure about the Mountaineering Hut. There is the hole in the roof. Or maybe require an open door.

• Upvote 1

The restriction on using the magnifying lens indoors (so to speak) seems to depend on the degree of temperature change afforded by the "interior" compared to "outside" ambient temperature.  Once the temperature differential rises about +2 or +4, definitely by +8 C or higher, using the magnifying lens inside to light a fire even in a place like the fire lookout locations, which have lots of windows, just does not happen.  

Non-interior caves (lacking transitions) have an outside zone where the ambient air temperature is the same as "out there" and one can light a fire using a magnifying lens, while further inside there can be an inner zone, marked by a temperature change of +8 C, where one can't.  

Kind of doubt that the devs would be willing to put in the time and effort to get the precision needed to know where doors and windows are in relation to the movement of the sun across the sky and the prevailing weather conditions.  

Yes I would like to be able to light that fire barrel in the messing area of Last Resort Cannery rather than have to light a campfire on the snow on the dock area outside and take a torch but for the devs it would be a choice of either/or and not if things aligned in a particular way and I don't think they would change things now.  

• Upvote 1