Does a bear's fur coat scare away wolves???

DIA

@DIA

The chance for a wolf to panic and flee when detecting our survivor is affected by wearing (or carrying - in the case of the bear skin bedroll) items made of predator pelts (Wolf coats, bear coats, and bearskin bedroll).

Worth noting that the affect appears to stack.  So, for the maximum chance (it's still RNG after all) to have wolves flee from our survivor upon detection... would (presumably) be to wear two bear skin coats and carry a bearskin bedroll. :D   ...or (and probably more sensibly) a wolfskin coat, bear skin coat, and carrying a bear skin bedroll.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
*Sources:
Personal experience and... 
Bearskin Coat | The Long Dark Wiki | Fandom
Wolfskin Coat | The Long Dark Wiki | Fandom
Bear Skin Bedroll | The Long Dark Wiki | Fandom

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, DIA said:

I heard that a bear's coat scares away wolves. But when I put on this fur coat and went to the wolves, the wolves bit me! Please tell me, does a bear fur coat really scare away wolves or not???

I'm addition to what's been said, I think you've also got go be a bit further away when you're detected. I normally charge over hills with a lit torch and will scare wolves away that were closer to maximum detection range, but wolves that are closer want to attack more. I think it also depends on difficulty. When I played Voyager running around normally with a wolf coat and torch would generally scare off most wolves.

It's probably best to assume that you're dealing with glitchy wolves and keep your distance. Keep torches lit and pick your paths to avoid close encounters. Stop, listen, look. If you're unsure of what's in front of you over a hill, go slow crouch walking and listening.

You can be aggressive with wolves, but you need to be good with the struggle and not care about the damage you take. Not highly recommend but it's fun to me so I play really aggressive with the wolves and bears. 

• Upvote 1