Dumb ways you’ve died

I started a Stalker game with random spawns, and was placed in Blackrock at almost midnight. Blackrock is already a rough enough spawn for me, and the fact that it was pitch black didn't help. Found a flare beneath one of the power lines and immediately heard the howls of a Timberwolf pack detecting my location. I just lit the flare, turned and ran. Almost immediately I cornered myself between the river in Blackrock, and Timberwolves. So now I had the choice of either getting eaten by wolves, or drowning. I decided to take the swim and not feed the wolves.

• Upvote 2

My last death was on day 95 of my Loper game. I was hunting in Hushed River Valley. Took some bear meat to cook in my base cave, and held onto it instead of dropping it like I usually do. Fire goes out, aurora begins, and a big bad wolf on steroids took me out 100% while I tried to stab him with my makeshift knife. 
sucked. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bean said:

My last death was on day 95 of my Loper game. I was hunting in Hushed River Valley. Took some bear meat to cook in my base cave, and held onto it instead of dropping it like I usually do. Fire goes out, aurora begins, and a big bad wolf on steroids took me out 100% while I tried to stab him with my makeshift knife. 
sucked. 

Ouch. That smarts. 

• 1 month later...

I've never actually died from a blizzard, I don't think.  I have a really good sense of direction.

But my two records I died from really stupid reasons.

Voyager, day 70 something I was feeling on top of the world, carrying my bow and exploring the island after killing my first bear.  Then I fell off the railroad bridge while showing a friend the game, lol.

On stalker, day 30 something I was making my way from quonset garage to desolation point for the forge, and slept in a cabin along the way.  I wake up in the middle of the night (I only do 6 hour chunks at most of sleeping) with cabin fever risk.  So I go outside and sleep.

Next thing ya know I'm getting ravaged by a wolf.  I stagger up, taking my bedroll, walking to the door with a sprained ankle when another one attacks.  I won both struggles, so my condition isn't really that bad, but I decide the instant I get in the house to just sleep an hour to restore condition lose.  I wake up with basically no health left and open my status menu.  I have two bleeding injuries, niether of which I bandaged.  The instant I started to put on a bandage I died.

Couldn't play for a while after that. 😅

• Upvote 1