Vincent the Vainglorious Interloper

conanjaguar

On 9/10/2023 at 6:33 PM, conanjaguar said:

I head back to Spence’s and find a down vest and new combat boots, excellent!

I find… a flare gun.
A flare gun.
A flare gun in the safe.
A flare gun in the safe on Interloper.
A flare gun in the safe on Interloper with no ammo is slightly less useless than cash

On my current super interloper run (basically interloper settings but without birch bark tea, no perks and with lowest day & night health regeneration) i got Combat boots as well in Spence and yesterday i found a empty flare gun in a safe in the Milton town bank. Never found a flare gun in a safe. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Vincent 1 is dead, suffering the ignominious fate of surviving a wolf struggle with 1% health and bleeding to death while equipping a stim.C29F6E03-A662-46E3-882D-B7A43246C3A8.thumb.jpeg.0c00cc3a3b981b0717ea4aa35188a0c6.jpeg

552A39BA-003C-4353-908F-91276F86743F.thumb.jpeg.37be6366a00d0daacf901e3c5cfb1f11.jpeg

B35339ED-5BEC-479D-B6B5-F73E991836F3.thumb.jpeg.04a60275a1e0c36e3204a71bc8d5e677.jpeg

93BEB7EC-9E7F-4737-8A08-9BD4D9D09C19.thumb.jpeg.ef720e2cf80549ea557d098300597b31.jpeg

That's brutal dude. The Muskeg is not a kind place. I'd rather go into Bleak Inlet naked and fight timber wolves with my hands than die in FM again.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

That's brutal dude. The Muskeg is not a kind place. I'd rather go into Bleak Inlet naked and fight timber wolves with my hands than die in FM again.

That was actually BR… and it was more my fault than the wolf’s. By now I should know to have a torch lit whenever I KNOW there’s a wolf nearby. I saw him, ducked into a truck, ducked out, and got mauled trying to get back into the car :D.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, James Hickok said:

On my current super interloper run (basically interloper settings but without birch bark tea, no perks and with lowest day & night health regeneration) i got Combat boots as well in Spence and yesterday i found a empty flare gun in a safe in the Milton town bank. Never found a flare gun in a safe. 

I found a flare gun in a safe, that was on stalker tho.

7 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

That was actually BR… and it was more my fault than the wolf’s. By now I should know to have a torch lit whenever I KNOW there’s a wolf nearby. I saw him, ducked into a truck, ducked out, and got mauled trying to get back into the car :D.

Sorry, I don't know how I missed you weren't in the Muskeg. Dang dude, that's really brutal. But yeah, you should have used a match or flare. But at least it's just a game and you can restart.  Any idea what the next challenge will be for yourself?

• Upvote 2

On 9/13/2023 at 8:00 PM, FaT McMarlin said:

Sorry, I don't know how I missed you weren't in the Muskeg. Dang dude, that's really brutal. But yeah, you should have used a match or flare. But at least it's just a game and you can restart.  Any idea what the next challenge will be for yourself?

Sorry, I just saw this…

But yeah, that’s why I number my runs :). The latest Vincent isn’t out of the woods yet, but should be ready to report fairly soon.

10 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Sorry, I just saw this…

But yeah, that’s why I number my runs :). The latest Vincent isn’t out of the woods yet, but should be ready to report fairly soon.

You're all good bro. I have the ability to look at this often. And from what I've been told, your probably dealing with school work, which is way more important than talking to random survivors on the forum.

Take your time, life may be short, but there's time to do things your own way and still accomplish things. I play really fast and aggressive, works for me. Doesn't mean you've got too. But as long as you're enjoying the runs you get. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure the community at large enjoys the content you produce for us to read at the pace your able too achieve. You'll get to 100 days on looper!!! If that's still your goal 

• Upvote 2

Vincent 2 / Day 1

“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.”

- Carl Sagan

FM spawn in clear weather, just what I always wanted! PV is all-round decent, but if I get the bunker here, I’m set for life! Okay, maybe not that wealthy, but still.

I dance with wolves while gathering cattails and somehow make it to the bunkhouses without getting mauled. C38C9362-57FC-478E-AC80-D7B86EA23391.thumb.jpeg.d4fa04d53f72e9ab8816dc6ce22f3b69.jpegThen I make it up the steep slope without spraining anything… and wouldn’t ya know it. 28321B0B-50B0-4C7F-BB65-7889C498B2B5.thumb.jpeg.4d3fdbc7655f89e9524acc3f49f3ef44.jpegThe bunker is empty.FB44D86E-781F-4F75-8E79-6B5C2BA3107F.thumb.jpeg.2466e71de79275f6a911530b6134ae99.jpeg AGAIN. Rrrrgh.

I fumble around in the dark, find the bed, and sleep for two hours to warm up a bit. When I emerge again, the weather is fairly nice, so I head down to Spence’s, grabbing coal and a sewing kit. 520EADEA-9AAB-4EF9-A8F7-6594DCD292CA.thumb.jpeg.a96d656cbc1602c10a99e441426f6575.jpegTwo more hours of sleep and I’m on my way to Poacher’s.

The sky is a weird shade of green, which is a good omen, as it turns out. 454BE50E-A725-4AED-A2A8-0B7C151C1D2E.thumb.jpeg.b921721da0e4a2286de05f75ca5af073.jpegE60BE680-1779-4B55-8CF3-64B434041E72.thumb.jpeg.d1f6cdfbc92f5c448b15a6a69c2d34e0.jpegI dodge wolves, avoid a bear, and make it to Poacher’s untouched, if thirsty.

I take the flare, light up the fire barrel, boil water, and brew two cups of rose hip tea. B81573E7-298E-4561-97CF-52C676C5D260.thumb.jpeg.ca71e18b31ab47428353cc59837adaad.jpegThen I pull torches and set out for ML. The evening temperatures are benevolent, the wind is hardly more than a cool breeze, and it looks like there might be an aurora tonight. I use the reverse-reverse-reverse-reverse psychology trick with Murphy and make it to ML with plenty of energy and warmth left.795E1A72-310C-4DDA-ADF2-53108D6E3997.thumb.jpeg.bec55c9ea1a63fe5525a7fa44243dad1.jpeg

I have a bit of a decision to make… do I go to Trapper’s or to the Office? I decide on Trapper’s; it’s closer to Milton and matches.

Strangely, I am unmolested by the wolves, and I make it to Trapper’s in good time. I quickly check for a hammer (nada, but I do find a mag lens) and open the safe for a pair of work boots. 46AE757C-9C20-4C7E-8CA4-5ABC81EA663F.thumb.jpeg.11fa54bfdac01bea855e0730759bbcda.jpegThen I boil water… 2L should suffice until the weather turns sunny.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

You're all good bro. I have the ability to look at this often. And from what I've been told, your probably dealing with school work, which is way more important than talking to random survivors on the forum.

Take your time, life may be short, but there's time to do things your own way and still accomplish things. I play really fast and aggressive, works for me. Doesn't mean you've got too. But as long as you're enjoying the runs you get. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure the community at large enjoys the content you produce for us to read at the pace your able too achieve. You'll get to 100 days on looper!!! If that's still your goal 

Words of wisdom as always, you should write fortune cookies :).

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 8:24 AM, FaT McMarlin said:

Thank you!!! I feel like I ramble and talk in circles. I wonder how fortune cookie phrases are selected?

What is in the Muskeg you enjoy so much? I struggle to find anything but death in the region.

If you think about it, talking in circles is actually good… there aren’t any loose ends to tie up. So yeah, talking in circles is underrated.

See what I did there ;)?

I guess I just like that FM is open… there aren’t many surprise hills with ninja wolves waiting behind them. It also has fairly decent weather and is pretty easy to navigate, plus I know it really well by now… so much so that I think I could stand a decent chance of mapping everything :D.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

If you think about it, talking in circles is actually good… there aren’t any loose ends to tie up. So yeah, talking in circles is underrated.

See what I did there ;)?

I guess I just like that FM is open… there aren’t many surprise hills with ninja wolves waiting behind them. It also has fairly decent weather and is pretty easy to navigate, plus I know it really well by now… so much so that I think I could stand a decent chance of mapping everything :D.

😂😂😂 true, but it also leaves you with no real start or finish to a thought, having everyone read it again and still be lost on what was actually said, or if anything important or worthwhile was even said. 

I figured you'd be a monster with the ninja wolves after the kill challenge. Unless you're going around torchless still. In which case, ninja wolves are death. But you know my game motto, you gave it to me, "Violence is not the answer, but the question. And the answer is yes".

• Upvote 2

Vincent 2 / Day 2

From Trapper’s, I uneventfully hike to the Camp Office without encountering any wolves. Looting the place, I find a skillet and a hockey jersey!

I grab a short nap and head back out. The weather looks like it’s starting to turn, but I somehow manage to make it up to the Lookout before it does, and without spraining anything to boot!

I repair my jersey and sleep two hours to find that the storm is past, so I goat down to the Derailment. Along the way, I stumble (literally) across a plane crash and score a light shell. 415C82EF-FF0A-49C4-9403-1E5DE2D06030.thumb.jpeg.ddd516157f8105fb00dfe0c7129564d4.jpegI really need hats and/or gloves, though…

By means of clever rock throwing, I manage to sneak past Rusty and check the tram car, my hopes raised by my current good fortune. B62A2384-3881-4661-AD28-4921CDDD2C6F.thumb.jpeg.c4c07d0f2fc4ad98cc9cd65a07d066f5.jpegNo bedroll… worrying.

I continue down to the Dam and sack out in one of the trailers, drinking the last of my water as a nightcap. Tomorrow will be a thirsty day.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Vincent 2 / Day 2

From Trapper’s, I uneventfully hike to the Camp Office without encountering any wolves. Looting the place, I find a skillet and a hockey jersey!

I grab a short nap and head back out. The weather looks like it’s starting to turn, but I somehow manage to make it up to the Lookout before it does, and without spraining anything to boot!

I repair my jersey and sleep two hours to find that the storm is past, so I goat down to the Derailment. Along the way, I stumble (literally) across a plane crash and score a light shell. 415C82EF-FF0A-49C4-9403-1E5DE2D06030.thumb.jpeg.ddd516157f8105fb00dfe0c7129564d4.jpegI really need hats and/or gloves, though…

By means of clever rock throwing, I manage to sneak past Rusty and check the tram car, my hopes raised by my current good fortune. B62A2384-3881-4661-AD28-4921CDDD2C6F.thumb.jpeg.c4c07d0f2fc4ad98cc9cd65a07d066f5.jpegNo bedroll… worrying.

I continue down to the Dam and sack out in one of the trailers, drinking the last of my water as a nightcap. Tomorrow will be a thirsty day.

You need a double fire water session in a nice cave!!!!! I found a bedroll in the hunters blind in the clearing by the river access by the dam. And there's one in HRV. I've been going to HRV to get a bedroll as soon as possible since I've started looper and was told there was one in HRV. Hasn't failed me yet!!

One of these days you're going to need to lay out the wolves you've named age where about they live. I named the Plesant Valley farm bear Tom. Half to honor Father Thomas and half cause I wanted to write a funny poem using his feet. The bear in Forelorn Muskeg that lives near the BR exit is Reaper. He ate me in my sleep on my first Voyager run ever. Jason is the Crystal Lake bear in TWM. Boris lives in AC at the Folly, although I didn't name him, just adopted it.

• Upvote 1

On 9/23/2023 at 10:09 AM, FaT McMarlin said:

You need a double fire water session in a nice cave!!!!!

So far I’ve made it through Coastal without finding any matches, I’ve essentially been living on toilet water 😁.

And there's one in HRV.

I absolutely despise HRV :D.

One of these days you're going to need to lay out the wolves you've named age where about they live.

Here’s my list so far:

• Bruno and Rufus(Wolves) = Paradise Meadows
  • Wolfgang(Wolf) = The path to and from the Milton Crash Site
  • Ivan(Bear: = The bear on the lake in BR
  • Rusty(Wolf) = Patrols train tracks in ML
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

So far I’ve made it through Coastal without finding any matches, I’ve essentially been living on toilet water 😁.

I absolutely despise HRV :D.

Here’s my list so far:

• Bruno and Rufus(Wolves) = Paradise Meadows
  • Wolfgang(Wolf) = The path to and from the Milton Crash Site
  • Ivan(Bear: = The bear on the lake in BR
  • Rusty(Wolf) = Patrols train tracks in ML

Sometimes I wonder if coastal ever has matches. I never find them there.

I'm with you on HRV, it's only better than the Muskeg cause the ice doesn't break. But if it's got a roll, I'll happily go get it.

But to be honest, I don't like that side of the map. I prefer to spend my time in the PV, BRP, TWM and AC regions. I enjoy the views, and how the regions are set up. I wish there were more multi level regions like AC and TWM that have so much to watch. I think that's my favorite aspect. Just sitting somewhere and watching the game go by. 

So I don't go to BR that often, I didn't know where was a lake, let alone a lake bear. Guess I need to go introduce myself soon and meet ol Ivan.

• Upvote 1