New cooking system on interloper

Tonza_98

Hi community and my fellow interloper players. 

I've seen some comments about the new cooking system from loper players, but I think that we should discuss this from a little bit deeper perspective since the update has been now live for a little bit longer. I would like to hear comments about this new cooking system from interloper players. How would you answer to these 5 questions:

1) Recipes which can buff your condition 25%, are they too overpowered?

2) Are there too much new cooking items on interloper? Should they decrease the number of them?

3) Should cooking items be renewable in the future or not?

4)  In general, should healing items have lower regeneration of condition? Or should they lower the number of food items, which can heal you?

5) How would you change the new cooking system as an interloper player's perspective (anything else which I didn't mention in these questions).

My answer for these questions: I think that healing items should be considered again, that are they too owerpowered (those which can heal 25%). They are not as easy to make as the easier recipes, but still. Number of new cooking items could be decreased on interloper. I don't think that cooking items should be renewable recourse, at least not on interloper. In the future, I would hope that new recipes and items would be added carefully. I mean that it always should be looked from the angle of harder difficulties.

Hinterland did great job with this update and I think that over all balance is good. But the balance could be better than good. Hopefully this topic would give new ideas to devs and fruitful discussion beetween the players.

-Tonza_888/Tonza_98

Edited by Tonza_98
  • Upvote 1

• Tonza_98 changed the title to New cooking system on interloper

No, there aren't too many ingredients. The amount of cooking oil, flour and salt is fine. Many regions have just one location where you get them. I want to use the recipes and they aren't renewable. Not many potatoes and carrots though, but I think that's more of an issue with the recipes in general.

Making things rarer doesn't make things harder. Food usually isn't an issue in most places. There is already so much man made food and so many cat tails that you just don't struggle. Not to mention hunting. Making cooking ingredients rarer won't change a thing.

• Upvote 1

TBH, healing food dishes aren't that big of a deal on Interloper because the base health regen rate on that mode is already very generous. Nothing is going to change even without those food because you can just gain back like a whopping 30 health after 10hrs of sleep. That's how forgiving Interloper already is.

The biggest impact that the healing food dishes have will mostly be on no regen modes like NOGOA/Deadman.

Personally, as a NOGOA/NOGOA+ player, I think the new food dishes kinda "broke" NOGOA. But they are there to help those having a hard time transitioning into no regen gameplay, and experienced NOGOA players could simply ignore the dishes entirely anyway. Heck, some of us even do classic/purist OuterNOGOA runs because the amount of loot is just too much once you're allowed to go into buildings.

Edited by gotmilkanot
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Tonza_98 said:

Hi community and my fellow interloper players. 

I've seen some comments about the new cooking system from loper players, but I think that we should discuss this from a little bit deeper perspective since the update has been now live for a little bit longer. I would like to hear comments about this new cooking system from interloper players. How would you answer to these 5 questions:

1) Recipes which can buff your condition 25%, are they too overpowered?

2) Are there too much new cooking items on interloper? Should they decrease the number of them?

3) Should cooking items be renewable in the future or not?

4)  In general, should healing items have lower regeneration of condition? Or should they lower the number of food items, which can heal you?

5) How would you change the new cooking system as an interloper player's perspective (anything else which I didn't mention in these questions).

My answer for these questions: I think that healing items should be considered again, that are they too owerpowered (those which can heal 25%). They are not as easy to make as the easier recipes, but still. Number of new cooking items could be decreased on interloper. I don't think that cooking items should be renewable recourse, at least not on interloper. In the future, I would hope that new recipes and items would be added carefully. I mean that it always should be looked from the angle of harder difficulties.

Hinterland did great job with this update and I think that over all balance is good. But the balance could be better than good. Hopefully this topic would give new ideas to devs and fruitful discussion beetween the players.

-Tonza_888/Tonza_98

I  respectfully disagree to most of these points. When I consider anything in terms of balance I consider it from the perspective of an average player with the understanding that the interloper side of the community, like in the majority of games, is the vocal minority of hardcore players 

1.) the buffs while strong last a very short amount of time, 3 in game hours is like 15 minutes and that feels like a fair trade off, they are enough to push you into the decision (which can make things much worse for you)to go out over staying in for a day but not enough to make things “easy”, more health is great until the buff fades right before you get attacked carry capacity is awesome unless it wears off mid three rope set at ash canyon or another climb ect I try and think of if the buffs are too good when things are bad because of course they’re gonna feel a little OP if it’s a nice clear afternoon walking the flats of PV vs a blizzard in the airfield 

2.) there are not enough of the items in any difficulty if you are the type of player that intends to survive for as long as possible. Scouring the island you’ll have enough ingredients to make the really powerful recipes maybe 7-8 times for the whole run and then lesser ones buffs aren’t all that wowing aside the carry weight pies but still those ingredients might make you a few hundred days max

3) yes they should, either through beach comb containers, future supply drops, or the trader npc. Again if you are going for a long run locking yourself out of the system is pointless 

4) No

5) changes: I would like to see fish recipes be changed to allow use of any fish not just trout.

I would like to see more recipes that include existing ingredients i.e. beans, tomato soups, condensed milk ect

the recipes should be able to be reheated like soup cans

The quantities used per recipe could be increased on loper to reduce their total creations 

the length or severity of the penalties could be increased on looper, longer headache more fatigue drain ect

we as players also need to remember that we ultimately have the final agency in our particular run, if you feel there is too many ingredients, if you feel your clothing is too good, if the game bugged and slid you a rifle, abstain from using them or go to the coastline, beachcomb a container, and ship the unwanted belongings off to sea 🙃

• Upvote 4