No firestarting update?

Today I noticed that the improved firestarting is no longer listed among the upcoming features of the tales from the far territory. Is it really no longer a part of the roadmap? Because it would be kinda unfortunate that a feature so promising was abandoned because of the time constraints. I don't even know how it was supposed to be improved, but I still feel like I missed out on a better core system.

• Upvote 1

Seems that way. They did state that things on the roadmap were subject to be removed or added, so fire starting may have been one of them.

I guess the good news is, it could have been 'replaced' by something that could be more substantial.

Oh good point. I remember seeing that on the roadmap and being worried about the possibility of a fire update unintentionally breaking my permanent fire run...

I think this is a pretty reasonable thing to drop. While firestarting could use some changes and improvements here and there, it's not exactly necessary and wouldn't be particularly exciting to most of the players compared to stuff like the fishing and cooking updates and new wildlife/gear.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:01 PM, BugReportEnthusiast said:

wait this was on the roadmap? How'd i miss that

On 6/24/2023 at 1:21 AM, Serenity said:

I don't recall that ever being on the map

19 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Me either.

I don't have any old screenshots of the roadmap, but I'm pretty sure it was there. And it's still on the expansion's Steam page.image.png.cac5ad667c8c87a9db7dc4e3c6390253.png

• Upvote 3

Ah, I see. Yeah, it was probably scrapped after they noticed that the whole expansion is more work than they anticipated. The whole schedule was overly optimistic even without all the bugs.

I always kind of wanted to actually need to build the fire from stones and some wood. And then light it. But maybe that sounds better than it really is. Might just be needless busy work.