New cooking ingredients and older saves

I loaded up my 1200+ day run in which I had pretty much looted everything.  I re-visited each house's kitchen in CH and found the following: carrot, cooking oil, 2 flour, 2 oats and a skillet.

I then did a new run with the same game settings, and after looting only 3 houses, I found:  oats, 3 potatoes, flour, 2 cooking oil, broth and a skillet.

It seems us with older saves are getting shorted, unless just bad RNG luck.

If RNG is this diverse, I could see us running out of the new foods VERY quickly, especially when some recipes use 3 carrots for example.  Currently, these are not renewable resources, which almost makes the new recipes obsolete after a relatively short amount of time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

If RNG is this diverse, I could see us running out of the new foods VERY quickly, especially when some recipes use 3 carrots for example.  Currently, these are not renewable resources, which almost makes the new recipes obsolete after a relatively short amount of time.

I'm sure a modder will make them renewable somehow (ie. Jods Indoors Greenery).

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

Just browsed through the Thomson's Crossing produce market & surrounding gardens, expecting to find something, but none.  The search continues!

I'm on a new save but there is a new type of drawer in the back of the rural store that had potatoes and carrots

So i loaded my interloper Astrid day 178 and decided to hunt for some ingredients. I had only 2 hours of gameplay yesterday and i managed to reloot all of CH and PV except Farm and Barn. 

I have found :

3 carrots 

3 potatoes (both potatoes and carrots found in the new drawer in rural store)

2 salt

1 oil (almost missed it on the ground)

1 bag of flour

1 box of oat meal? 

1 frying pan ? skillet? 

1 recipe (its small - i was looking for a bigger sheet of paper but its like a postcard or smaller - easy to miss). 

I decided i will reloot entire world and haul all the new food stuff to main base. Im not going to cook anything now. I want to see how much of the suff is in the world on loper. 

Edited by James Hickok

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Beware the decay rates...  

So far, I've been able to cook with 0% ingredients.  You cannot use 0% bait for fishing though, so only prepare what you need.  Learned this the hard way after harvesting 50 bait.

5 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

So far, I've been able to cook with 0% ingredients.  You cannot use 0% bait for fishing though, so only prepare what you need.  Learned this the hard way after harvesting 50 bait.

Oh I see thanks.... I've just had a few things either instantly disappear when I put them in storage or lose condition after carrying them for a short while.

I've yet to figure out how to use the tip up so I'm saving that til I can find some recipes.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Oh I see thanks.... I've just had a few things either instantly disappear when I put them in storage or lose condition after carrying them for a short while.

I've yet to figure out how to use the tip up so I'm saving that til I can find some recipes.

DO NOT USE TIP-UP!!  Some users (myself included) believe it breaks your save!!!

• Like 1

Salt seems to be very rare on Great Bear Island. Found several Packs of Flour,  Oatmeal, Oil and some vegetables but still no Salt :D Where did you people find your Salt outside of containers? 615 Day Interloper here so no container left unlooted except for maybe the new red ones

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Shadox said:

Salt seems to be very rare on Great Bear Island. Found several Packs of Flour,  Oatmeal, Oil and some vegetables but still no Salt :D Where did you people find your Salt outside of containers? 615 Day Interloper here so no container left unlooted except for maybe the new red ones

On shelves ,on top of the fridge. And merged with my bottles of water on the counters.   Even wedged between a six burner and a cabinet.  Some really dark places...

59 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

On shelves ,on top of the fridge. And merged with my bottles of water on the counters.   Even wedged between a six burner and a cabinet.  Some really dark places...

Hmm, searched 3 Regions entirely (well except for milton plane crash, i left that out), no salt but surprisingly much of the rest, at least for interloper standards, given how often you can use oatmeal and flour, i do really like that. PV is next tomorrow, which is your mainbase region if i recall correctly, maybe i get a few piece of salt there to make that broth :)

I would LOVE if hinterland gives us a way to extract salt from the ocean, so that broth and soups are renewable.

6 minutes ago, Shadox said:

Hmm, searched 3 Regions entirely (well except for milton plane crash, i left that out), no salt but surprisingly much of the rest, at least for interloper standards, given how often you can use oatmeal and flour, i do really like that. PV is next tomorrow, which is your mainbase region if i recall correctly, maybe i get a few piece of salt there to make that broth :)

I would LOVE if hinterland gives us a way to extract salt from the ocean, so that broth and soups are renewable.

The farm is my main base.... I didn't find any salt there though... Found it two maps later I think... Took even longer to find the oatmeal and oil.

It would be good if we could make our own salt...  And use fish oil ...  

I hope you find some salt there though....   

• Like 1