I play on Xbox and I can't for the life of me figure out how to cook the acorns or remove the shells. Maybe I've missed the post by someone else over this.  Is there a specific method I just haven't discovered yet, or are they bugged? Cheers and any help would be appreciated. If I'm posting this in the wrong section, I'm new and don't know where to place this.

Marlin.

• Upvote 1

Not that I can remember specific order of doing it,I don't use them... But try the crafting menu. And then the cooking .

You need a hammer too...     There is a post somewhere on the forum telling you but I can't remember where..

• Upvote 1

Acorns are without question the most labor-intensive food item in the game. Currently. Kinda looks like cooking is about to get an overhaul, so who knows, maybe there'll be some kind of toilet water bisque on the menu. Anyway, first you have to shell the acorns. Then you have to cook them (which requires water.) The cooked acorns can be eaten directly for calories, or if you have a Heavy Hammer in your inventory, crushed up into Acorn Coffee grounds. Those you have to once again combine with water to cook Acorn Coffee.

Those are some abused baby oak trees. Man, what did oak trees ever do to you to deserve such punishment?

• Upvote 1