Ever been hit by a cast iron skillet before?

JackTrysGames

Lol, the most feared chef in all of Great Bear. They are hard to swing tho and prone to being knocked out of your hands. 

Id see it ranked as just barely better than "desperation" where it provides an initial potential immediate scare and then gets knocked away and resumes in desperation mode.

So like, potentially you'll land a hit and it goes *CLANG!" (chance tied to cooking skill.) causing the predator to run away immediately and leaving you without a scratch. Or it gets knocked away and is the same as desperation. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/14/2023 at 12:38 PM, MarrowStone said:

They are hard to swing tho and prone to being knocked out of your hands. 

On 6/13/2023 at 2:09 AM, deathbydanish said:

I got a chuckle out of this one, but I've cooked with one before and its hard to wield it with just one arm.

The more skilled you are with it, the easier it is to wield and use. Eventually, you'll be skilled enough with it that flipping it and twirling it for things like pancakes is as easy as lifting your arm.

So if you've used it a lot, chances are you'll get a lot more than one "CLANG!" out of it.

• Upvote 1

The skillet I have is NOT usable as a melee weapon! I can carry it by the handle one-handed if it's empty, but it's a struggle. It's one of those 15" Lodge skillets, and while its weight of ~12lb/~5.kg may not seem like much, it's very unwieldy when you're holding the entire thing by just the panhandle. It's like the difference between holding a gallon of milk at arm's length, vs. against your chest. You really do need to use the smaller handle on the opposite side as well.

Imagine if HL added a 5.kg skillet to the game. Who would even touch that thing apart from as a collectible?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

The skillet I have is NOT usable as a melee weapon! I can carry it by the handle one-handed if it's empty, but it's a struggle. It's one of those 15" Lodge skillets, and while its weight of ~12lb/~5.kg may not seem like much, it's very unwieldy when you're holding the entire thing by just the panhandle. It's like the difference between holding a gallon of milk at arm's length, vs. against your chest. You really do need to use the smaller handle on the opposite side as well.

Imagine if HL added a 5.kg skillet to the game. Who would even touch that thing apart from as a collectible?

I'm pretty sure I have the same one and I agree it is very unwieldy, it'd have to a be a two handed weapon. With how tough they are I almost feel like they'd be a good substitute for the hammer lol

I think one clang that immediately triggers and scares the threat away and clobbers it mid pounce like a baseball would just be hilarious. 

But I dont see the character being able to use it beyond that initial pounce. Once youre on your back it'd be game over and back to using fists. 

Theoretically it'd make the skillet the best item to use if your luck follows through, but also the least forgiving! And if repairing the skillet is the same as the cooking pot, itd be the most renewable option  o.0 

• Upvote 1