Turn off Voiced Protagonist as accessibility option rather than custom option.

Seerofterribleomens

I'm speaking from my experience with Autism and ADHD. I will often make a custom game simply to turn of voiced protagonist and sprains because the constant audio annoyance of the voice and the specific noise of the sprain can be distracting and sometimes distressing for me. There have been times when I have had to end a play session because the constant verbal feedback is too much for me to cope with. Now, with the sprain, I accept that turning that off alters the difficulty of the game to the benefit of the player so the restrictions that come with custom mode, that it doesn't contribute to badges and the like, are understandable. Turning off the voiced protagonist doesn't, if anything it makes it slightly more difficult unless you are used to it. 

It would be worth considering that turning off the voiced protagonist could be worth making an accessibility option rather than a custom option, particularly with autistic and adhd folk in mind but for the benefit of all players that find it distracting from their enjoyment of the game.

• Upvote 6
  • Like 1

Oh yes, very much this! I suspect it's linked to my neurodivergence too, but also I find it gets in the way of immersion.

I literally started playing custom just to be able to turn it off. (Turning off in the sound settings didn't work for me*, or worked for most voice lines but not all - the morning and nighttime lines being a notable exception.)

*This was before v2 / TFTFT so it might work now.

• Upvote 1