Strange "rustling" sounds but nothing is there.

UTC-10

I had bought the DLC however since having to start all over gain I have been rebuilding the bases in several regions and have not yet gone to the Far Territories so have not started Signal Void (SV). 

I have noticed that as I move along in Ash Canyon, I occasionally hear an odd "rustling" sound though there is nothing visible on the snow and no interact point comes up.  I get the impression I am coming across [SV] storage caches (or something) that reacts to my passage but would not be accessible.  

Am I right that I have come across "hidden" cache locations which detect me but since I am not engaged in Signal Void (btw, this was during the day not at night/during an aurora) there would be no further reaction?  I have had this sound occur on Timberwolf and Pleasant Valley, I think. 

No big deal but I was wondering.

Also strangely, on my Ash Canyon map, at the bottom beyond the region's nominal boundary, I see an orange graphic of a stone cache that is called "rock cache".  It seems to be beyond my ability to reach that location - I had found the Ash Canyon prepper cache - and when I turn off cache location on the map the "rock cache" disappears like the other caches I have in Ash Canyon.  I think it may be just an artifact but thought I'd mention it since I was posting about strange things.  

About done with Ash Canyon, finally.  

I know that ruined snow shelters were in the general vicinity of three areas.  I think that the sounds occurred where there were no snow shelters in the area but really can't be sure.  I will be more aware of that being a factor.  

19 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

I had bought the DLC however since having to start all over gain I have been rebuilding the bases in several regions and have not yet gone to the Far Territories so have not started Signal Void (SV). 

I have noticed that as I move along in Ash Canyon, I occasionally hear an odd "rustling" sound though there is nothing visible on the snow and no interact point comes up.  I get the impression I am coming across [SV] storage caches (or something) that reacts to my passage but would not be accessible.  

Am I right that I have come across "hidden" cache locations which detect me but since I am not engaged in Signal Void (btw, this was during the day not at night/during an aurora) there would be no further reaction?  I have had this sound occur on Timberwolf and Pleasant Valley, I think. 

No big deal but I was wondering.

Also strangely, on my Ash Canyon map, at the bottom beyond the region's nominal boundary, I see an orange graphic of a stone cache that is called "rock cache".  It seems to be beyond my ability to reach that location - I had found the Ash Canyon prepper cache - and when I turn off cache location on the map the "rock cache" disappears like the other caches I have in Ash Canyon.  I think it may be just an artifact but thought I'd mention it since I was posting about strange things.  

About done with Ash Canyon, finally.  

I have heard strange noises in Ask Canyon too and it happens when approaching snow shelters.

You can read more about it on this topic as well as watching the video I uploaded of the noises to see if its the same noise are you are hearing,

I've noticed this as well. It's the snow shelters. It sounds like them collapsing in on themselvs (This is what I've figured it to be, at least). If you check the life on the snow shelters they're at zero percent. I think it's just the game loading them in at a specific distance, and since they're not usable it plays that noise. Walk back a little bit then walk forward towards it again and it will play the sound over and over.