Interloper mode Bunker Loot

RedFox

Greetings survivors!

So I just finished Signal Void on Interloper and I was going to hop on and see what others had found, but I didn't see a topic about this yet (My apologies if there was one!). What did you all find (Interloper only) when rummaging through the bunkers? I ended up finding an Aviator Cap and a Technical Balaclava. Both of these were better than the rabbit skin hat and the toque, so a win is a win in my book! What did you all find?

image.thumb.png.269a161c787c36481502fef8c13a2cff.png

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, James Hickok said:

Im amazed that younfound the baclava - i was sure it was not available on interloper. 

I thought it wasn't as well. There was a post where the dev's said they would put something in the last bunker to make it worthwhile to Interloper runners, and I found that in one of the cabinets by the bed in the final bunker, so I thought maybe that was one of the things they were talking about. Also why I wanted to reach out and see what others were finding to see what there might be overall!

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2023 at 8:20 AM, RedFox said:

I thought it wasn't as well. There was a post where the dev's said they would put something in the last bunker to make it worthwhile to Interloper runners, and I found that in one of the cabinets by the bed in the final bunker, so I thought maybe that was one of the things they were talking about. Also why I wanted to reach out and see what others were finding to see what there might be overall!

I would do the tale even without loot but geting the item on the end of the story is Nice. 

I have killed my nogoa run yesterday by accident on day 50 returning from ash and summit with loot - forgot to add coal to fire in Cave and went to sleep for 7 hours.... had 39 coal on me. Froze to death. 

Anyway today im logging in my 163 loper and going again to FA for the radio to start the tale.

Question: did you take BR vest with you? Did you kill all wolves during the day?

10 hours ago, James Hickok said:

Question: did you take BR vest with you? Did you kill all wolves during the day?

I killed as many wolves as possible during the day, and wore two bear coats.  It's easier if the aurora happens in the early evening because of the temps, but you can still do it early morning.  Just have a good coal fire burning where it's out of the wind in the local area where you're exploring.  That way you can retreat if you get too cold or wolves come.  A nice cave as a local temporary base is even better.

I found one of the abandoned prepper caches in HRV, and the loot inside was a can of ruined corn and a sewing kit.  It made me lol.  So OP.

• Upvote 2

On 5/11/2023 at 3:53 PM, Admin said:

Congrats on finishing! What was your favourite part of the Tale? 

To be honest? Dodging the timberwolves while hunting for the bunker in Bleak Inlet. Never have I thought those Marine Flares burnt out so fast than that night, haha. I'm looking forward to finding out more of the story that came with the files found in the bunkers. 

Edited by RedFox
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to finish tales on interloper on first try. Actually it was not that hard except some tricky moments in bleak inlet. Got my hp down to 20% fighting aurora timber wolves....

Havent used the vest and didnt clean the areas in the day. Just went with it. 

In the end i got the baclava and 6 or 7 corn cans plus one ham can. Nice addition to my main base. 

I was thinking it would be cool to get the sledge (when its implemented) after finishing the tale. It would be great to have one in FA - its actually a great region to stay and lots of flat space to use the sledge.  

Anyway i had fun playing the tales especially in bleak inlet. Fun. 

• Upvote 1

I found the technical balaclava as well as a few cans of corn and 1 can of ham.

I'm jealous of your aviator cap. I would have liked a 2nd head item but the balaclava was all I found.

Was this "enough" of a reward? Eh... probably. Just having to go to the tales was great, making me re-visit several zones and go to hushed river valley for the first time in my run.

Overall this part of the DLC alone was worth the price, although the LOOOOOOOONG trek to the airfield was poorly designed in my mind. It's just so much pointless walking.

• Like 1