Memento Items not spawning under Visors

After the Signal Void Part 2 update I started a new Stalker run as there was no antenna equipment in Pleasant Valley. The right loot spawned but now in some regions such as PV, MT, BR, and Blackrock I'm not finding any memento hints or cache keys or even polaroids under the car visors. I did find one in another region, don't recall which, and polaroids and memento items are spawning in places where they aren't under car visors. I've tried checking game integrity and reinstalling the game, but I'm 160+ days into this current game and really don't want to start a new game at this point.

• Upvote 1

I haven't found any in pv or a few other places either. Apparently it's random which areas get the mementos.  There is a bug though as I've only gotten one in broken instead of two..   

The polaroids I think have also become random in location too but I'm not 100% sure . 

I'm a bit desperate too. found two locked boxes in "Bleak inlet" but nowhere the mementos and keys. searched the entire map. I even looked at the spoilers and the mementos should actually be under the car visors. checked all again.. no mementos..

opened a support ticket

Edited by Martin H.

2 minutes ago, Martin H. said:

I'm a bit desperate too. found two locked boxes in "Bleak inlet" but nowhere the mementos and keys. searched the entire map. I even looked at the spoilers and the mementos should actually be under the car visors. checked all again.. no mementos..

Same here, I reported it as a bug.

• Like 1

I think the memento keys random spawns as I watched a video on YouTube and it showed the memento and keys on Coastal Highway in one of the cars at Commuter's Lament and the other in the car on the bridge near Rockfall but in my run I found no memento or keys in either of these two cars.

In my current Pilgrim run on the ps4 I have found memento keys in Broken Railway, Mystery Lake, Forlorn Muskeg, Timberwolf Mountain, and Ash Canyon.

Some of the mementos are in the car visors and other mementos are on tables or lying on the ground so they can be easy to miss if you are not looking.

Not all mementos have boxes as some mementos just clear part of the map. The memento in Timberwolf Mountain near Deer Clearing did this, I looked and there was no key or box there to be found just the note I found at Crystal Lake fishing hut hinting at a memento.

22 minutes ago, Lone Walker said:

I think the memento keys random spawns as I watched a video on YouTube and it showed the memento and keys on Coastal Highway in one of the cars at Commuter's Lament and the other in the car on the bridge near Rockfall but in my run I found no memento or keys in either of these two cars.

In my current Pilgrim run on the ps4 I have found memento keys in Broken Railway, Mystery Lake, Forlorn Muskeg, Timberwolf Mountain, and Ash Canyon.

Some of the mementos are in the car visors and other mementos are on tables or lying on the ground so they can be easy to miss if you are not looking.

Not all mementos have boxes as some mementos just clear part of the map. The memento in Timberwolf Mountain near Deer Clearing did this, I looked and there was no key or box there to be found just the note I found at Crystal Lake fishing hut hinting at a memento.

There's a definite bug...   I had two locked boxes in broken and only one key and note.   

Blackrock had three notes but only one key and the key was supposed to be for the box at the substation. When I got there there was no box as it had been replaced with the tales transmitter box.  

On four maps I have several caches that can't be opened because there's no keys .

Edited by Leeanda

On 5/15/2023 at 9:01 AM, Leeanda said:

There's a definite bug...   I had two locked boxes in broken and only one key and note.   

Blackrock had three notes but only one key and the key was supposed to be for the box at the substation. When I got there there was no box as it had been replaced with the tales transmitter box.  

On four maps I have several caches that can't be opened because there's no keys .

Thanks, @Leeanda. If you've filed a ticket for this issue, can you please send us a private message with the email you used? We'll continue to follow up on this.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Admin said:

Thanks, @Leeanda. If you've filed a ticket for this issue, can you please send us a private message with the email you used? We'll continue to follow up on this.  

I have filed a ticket and I've just sent the direct message. Thanks 🙂