Rabbits Disappearing From Inventory

Lone Walker

Is anyone else having problems with rabbits disappearing from their inventory? I playing on the PS4 on Pilgrim. I didn't drop the rabbit by mistake. 

I caught two rabbits when I was in Mystery Lake and the two rabbits were in my inventory but when I got back to the Camp Office to harvest them there was only one rabbit in my inventory.

The same thing has happened again now in Crumbling Highway, there was a wolf who killed a rabbit and he ran off when I walked towards him so I took the rabbit, a few minutes later the same wolf killed another rabbit on the road, again he ran off and I took the rabbit, I then went into a car and slept for a few hours and when I then went to harvest the rabbits there was only one rabbit in my inventory.

4 hours ago, Lone Walker said:

Is anyone else having problems with rabbits disappearing from their inventory? I playing on the PS4 on Pilgrim. I didn't drop the rabbit by mistake. 

I caught two rabbits when I was in Mystery Lake and the two rabbits were in my inventory but when I got back to the Camp Office to harvest them there was only one rabbit in my inventory.

The same thing has happened again now in Crumbling Highway, there was a wolf who killed a rabbit and he ran off when I walked towards him so I took the rabbit, a few minutes later the same wolf killed another rabbit on the road, again he ran off and I took the rabbit, I then went into a car and slept for a few hours and when I then went to harvest the rabbits there was only one rabbit in my inventory.

Thank you for posting. If you continue to experience this issue, please don't hesitate to reach out via our Support Portal. We appreciate the opportunity to investigate: http://hinterlandgames.com/support

Remember that if the rabbit is already fully eaten by the wolf, you don't put it in your inventory : it just disappears. If it was a young or skinny bunny, it can be very fast, and you don't see the difference until you open your inventory and see for yourself that definitely you didn't get that bunny.

5 hours ago, DaGnome91 said:

Remember that if the rabbit is already fully eaten by the wolf, you don't put it in your inventory : it just disappears. If it was a young or skinny bunny, it can be very fast, and you don't see the difference until you open your inventory and see for yourself that definitely you didn't get that bunny.

I've been playing The Long Dark since January 2018 and this is the first time I've had a rabbit disappearing from my inventory so what you are saying makes no sense.

The first two rabbits weren't killed by a wolf, I killed them with a stone and picked them up straight away and later when I went to harvest them there was only one rabbit in my inventory.

I've put rabbits that have been killed by wolfs before into my inventory and they were always there when I went to harvest them, a rabbit that has been eaten by a wolf might have less meat but it will still have the pelt and the guts.

The two rabbits that I picked up that were killed by a wolf were only killed a few seconds when I went and put them into my inventory so they were not fully or even half eaten by the wolf.

Here is the video showing me picking up both rabbits and when I went to harvest them there was only one rabbit in my inventory.

17 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

If there isn't enough too harvest it will say nothing to harvest and not pick it up.

If you watch the video you will see I was able to pick up both rabbits. it was the second time I've had a rabbit disappear from my inventory. I play on the PS4.

The first time it happened I noticed it but I thought no more about it but when it happened the second time it wasn't a coincidence.

I'll be getting more rabbits again soon so I will see if it happens again for a third time and if it does I'll file a ticket report.