Signal Issues

What am I missing?  I followed the yellow signal out into the middle of the airfield.  Flat ground all around me.  Radio dial is all the way to the right and the beeping is as fast as it can be.  No matter which direction I start to walk now, the beeping slows and the dial swings back to the left.  Shouldn't this mean that I'm at the source of the signal?... but there is absolutely nothing beneath my feet except snow and nothing around me as far as the eye can see.  What do I do now?

Edited by UpUpAway95
additional info added

After watching Lithar's video, it's clear that the cache to which the signal is pointing hasn't spawned.  Chocking it up as another bug.

ETA:  Went back out during a subsequent aurora and, this time, found the hit box for unburying the cache.  This may be related to hit box issues other people have been reporting or it may be related to a delayed spawn in similar to what I encountered in Freewater Cave.

Edited by UpUpAway95

On 4/19/2023 at 11:56 AM, UpUpAway95 said:

After watching Lithar's video, it's clear that the cache to which the signal is pointing hasn't spawned.  Chocking it up as another bug.

ETA:  Went back out during a subsequent aurora and, this time, found the hit box for unburying the cache.  This may be related to hit box issues other people have been reporting or it may be related to a delayed spawn in similar to what I encountered in Freewater Cave.

Thank you for following up, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you run into future issues. Thank you for playing!