My biggest gripe about the game...

LOL that revolver going off always makes me jump out of my chair as well :)

But I think the thing that bugs me most is knowing there is a wolf or bear behind me while I hide out in a car, and can't turn around to look out the back window to see where it is going :) 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

OK here I go. My biggest gripe in the game is...

When I put a can on the fire and select that I want to fill it with water, the first time in a given game session, and only that time, I have to actually tell the game that I want to put water in the can that I told the game I wanted to put water in.

Why doesn't it just put the only available amount of water besides 0 in the can always? It's such a pointless waste of a user input.

Runner up:

2nd biggest gripe with the game. When sleeping, why isn't there a "sleep until fully rested" button?

Edited by Kayosiv
  • Upvote 1

Having to break down torches 1 at a time. If you're playing on Interloper you're probably pulling torches out of a fire when you're done using the fire to save on wood. If there was an option to select multiple torches for break down instead of having to break down 30 individual torches 1 at a time that would be pretty dope.

I've never had an accidental discharge, but I don't often walk with the gun out. I do hate the risk of falling.

One of my best runs ever was ended by falling off the rail in the Coastal/Mystery transition zone. I sat for five minutes after falling and just stared at the screen in disbelief. Not really a gripe, but I sure get nervous now with some of those crossings. 

• Upvote 3

My biggest gripe.......the WIND. I don't mind if it slows you down during a blizzard or during heavy winds, but sometimes the wind slows you down even when it feels like it shouldn't. It could be flurries or nice out and even though the wind is not whistling, it can still slow you down to a crawl. Apparently, it takes winds up to 70 mph to give you trouble while walking, and sometimes it feels like the environment and the wind aren't 'in sync'. 

• Upvote 2

I only have 3 gripes:

- Need the ability to jump/hop. Those tiny bumps & ledges are infuriating.

- Travel is maddeningly slow. I sprint everywhere & use both sprint & into the wind perks & it's still kind of torture. Snow shoes or some kind of speed boosting craftable would be so cool.

- That horizontal menu when cooking to select the thing to place on the burner needs to either A. scroll with the mouse scroll wheel, B. Sort meat before drinks, or C. scroll infinitely in both directions like a circle. Because clicking past all my drinks everytime I cook a piece of meat is silly.

• Upvote 2

On 8/8/2023 at 12:30 AM, FaT McMarlin said:

My only real gripe isn't going to be popular. I wish that Plesant Valley had timber wolves in survival like Wintermute. 

I was surprised that there weren't any Timberwolves in PV. That chapter was INTENSE.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stranzua said:

I was surprised that there weren't any Timberwolves in PV. That chapter was INTENSE.

The last phone call from Molly wouldn't come in for me. I kept replaying the episode thinking I did something wrong somewhere with a check point. I love going to Black Rock just to war with them. Absolutely relentless. They are an unhealthy obsession 😂😂.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

@hozz1235 that video was hilarious!

@FaT McMarlin Before you're allowed to request timberwolves in PV, please tell us, are you a Pilgrim? 🤨

On 8/11/2023 at 5:37 PM, bysinda said:

Invisible water in some caves!

And accidentally pushing climb when trying to pick a rose hip! Aaaa, that one drives me absolutely nuts

YES -- That one.

I've stopped carrying the revolver around unless I hear/see wildlife because of all the accedental shots.  I don't think it needs to be 'fixed' though.