Buggy Prepper Cache

Hinterland is aware of this unfortunate event and seem to think that Lost and Found should have been triggered.  That would have been better than what actually happened even if ruined items that could be lost (i.e., food) were lost.  If it was a bug that impacted us that sounds like they would be looking at an update to fix that if it can be fixed by Lost and Found.  

I had much of what I got from the plane crash site and the Summit stashed in abandoned prepper cache along with coal and miscellaneous stuff collected from the area.  If it was off the beaten track and not on the main route to Timberwolf Mountain from Pleasant Valley it would hurt but I might be able to get over it easier.  

If not for the lost contents, the revamped abandoned prepper cache does not look bad though why anyone would tip shelving and a file cabinet over on its side is beyond me.  Just like the slightly tipped file cabinets in the farmstead which makes them unusable and nothing can be done to take them apart like shelving.  

17 minutes ago, UTC-10 said:

...the revamped abandoned prepper cache does not look bad though why anyone would tip shelving and a file cabinet over on its side is beyond me.  Just like the slightly tipped file cabinets in the farmstead which makes them unusable and nothing can be done to take them apart like shelving.  

I was kinda disappointed to find the perma bunker in the game to have that completely trashed look to it.  I always associated that bunker as a scheduled stop over place before transiting to and from PV to TWM.  I felt the lore implied that during the islands productive years, hikers and mountaineers would use that bunker as a staging area, resting up and organizing their gear before transiting to TWM.  And since it wasn't taken out by the dev team when all the other bunkers were pulled, I certainly wasn't expecting it to look so trashed.  I could see some stuff maybe getting knocked around during an earthquake or something, but this feels like vandalism. 
I don't like it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

I was kinda disappointed to find the perma bunker in the game to have that completely trashed look to it.  I always associated that bunker as a scheduled stop over place before transiting to and from PV to TWM.  I felt the lore implied that during the islands productive years, hikers and mountaineers would use that bunker as a staging area, resting up and organizing their gear before transiting to TWM.  And since it wasn't taken out by the dev team when all the other bunkers were pulled, I certainly wasn't expecting it to look so trashed.  I could see some stuff maybe getting knocked around during an earthquake or something, but this feels like vandalism. 
I don't like it.

Well, hopefully, with Safehouse Customization you will be able to clean it up.

10 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

I don't like it.

I have to agree with you on this...  The old look was much better..  

Not quite related but I'm not sure why draft Dodgers has changed to fishing hut either??  Weird!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

Hinterland is aware of this unfortunate event and seem to think that Lost and Found should have been triggered.  That would have been better than what actually happened even if ruined items that could be lost (i.e., food) were lost.  If it was a bug that impacted us that sounds like they would be looking at an update to fix that if it can be fixed by Lost and Found.  

I had much of what I got from the plane crash site and the Summit stashed in abandoned prepper cache along with coal and miscellaneous stuff collected from the area.  If it was off the beaten track and not on the main route to Timberwolf Mountain from Pleasant Valley it would hurt but I might be able to get over it easier.  

If not for the lost contents, the revamped abandoned prepper cache does not look bad though why anyone would tip shelving and a file cabinet over on its side is beyond me.  Just like the slightly tipped file cabinets in the farmstead which makes them unusable and nothing can be done to take them apart like shelving.  

Well, I understand why the look - it's meant to communicate chaos. As to why just push stuff over instead of opening it/searching it? Because you're robbing the place and need to see everything on those shelves laid out in front of you ASAP, so you can GTFO before you're caught. Easiest way to do that? Dump everything on the floor. Sometimes when police raid a place, I believe, they do this same thing.

So really, when you see that tipped furniture, it should hint dimly at danger.

6 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Well, hopefully, with Safehouse Customization you will be able to clean it up.

yeah looking forward to seeing what they come up with.  from what I understand, the mod author of Remove Clutter/Better Bases is intentionally holding off from update his work has they also want to see what Hinterland comes up.  So in the mean time, I guess we just get to live with a mess...  bah, humbug!