The Recent Update Wiped out all the stored gear in Abandoned Prepper's Cache

UTC-10

When I left the abandoned prepper's cache for Timberwolf, I had lockers full of food, tools, clothing, coal, wood, cured animal hides and guts, archery supplies, charcoal, etc., and what do I find when I return from Timberwolf to check on what tools I might have left there (thinking heavy hammer) there was nothing and/or LOCKED lockers.  

The one place I would not have expected to change would be the abandoned prepper cache since it was always there.  The NEW and IMPROVED caches could be all as different as Hinterland wanted to make them, since they were removed from the new game I had to start, but what was always in the game should have stayed the way it was.  

The food and water on the shelf, the trail boots, are basically all that remains of the loot from the plane crash, the coal, the wood, and tools I had collected (including stuff from the Summit) among other things.  I think I left a rifle there. 

Now I have to go back to Mountaineer Hut or down to the Farmstead to get a prybar to be able to open the two LOCKED lockers.  About the only thing that might be considered good is that the metal shelving could be cut apart for scrap metal. 

THIS WAS UNEXPECTED.  

20230401160921_1.jpg

20230401160927_1.jpg

20230401161034_1.jpg

Was there a Red box? Normally that will contain the missing loot. I too was taken by surprised by the change. Luckily most of the important tools and such were out on display. I didn't look for the red box as I forgot about that feature before heading for FA.

No red box in abandoned prepper cache.  I looked very thoroughly for one just in case I missed it.  

Hinterland can possibly run Lost and Found retroactively on abandoned prepper cache which could recover the gear, supplies, and materials I  had left there.  I can stand losing food (wish they would make an exception to ruined food items going into a lost and found container) but the tools, materials, and clothing I cannot abide by.  There was no warning and I certainly didn't expect them to revamp abandoned prepper cache, which had remained IN THE GAME and ASSUME that nobody was actually making use of it.  

I have save games of the current game that were made prior to the March 30 update.  If need be Hinterland could possible use them to recover what was lost, but that is up to them.  

I guess I will wait a few days since it is the weekend.  

On 4/1/2023 at 7:23 PM, UTC-10 said:

When I left the abandoned prepper's cache for Timberwolf, I had lockers full of food, tools, clothing, coal, wood, cured animal hides and guts, archery supplies, charcoal, etc., and what do I find when I return from Timberwolf to check on what tools I might have left there (thinking heavy hammer) there was nothing and/or LOCKED lockers.  

The one place I would not have expected to change would be the abandoned prepper cache since it was always there.  The NEW and IMPROVED caches could be all as different as Hinterland wanted to make them, since they were removed from the new game I had to start, but what was always in the game should have stayed the way it was.  

The food and water on the shelf, the trail boots, are basically all that remains of the loot from the plane crash, the coal, the wood, and tools I had collected (including stuff from the Summit) among other things.  I think I left a rifle there. 

Now I have to go back to Mountaineer Hut or down to the Farmstead to get a prybar to be able to open the two LOCKED lockers.  About the only thing that might be considered good is that the metal shelving could be cut apart for scrap metal. 

THIS WAS UNEXPECTED.  

20230401160921_1.jpg

20230401160927_1.jpg

20230401161034_1.jpg

Thank you for reaching out. Generally you can recover items via the Lost & Found box, so we are investigating this as a potential bug. We appreciate your patience. 

Yes I know that Lost and Found can keep stuff from being lost especially when it is the interior of a location that has changed.  I was unaware that it could be an automatic action when a [significant] location in-game was changed. I thought it was an action that had to be programmed into the update.  

Thank you for the response.  

Next time a change to an existing in-game location is planned maybe warn everyone that this or that location or locations may be changing so go save your stuff.  Maybe better than depending on Lost and Found to automatically do it.  

I assumed that this is why the other prepper caches were temporarily removed. And everyone complained about that. But that cache was always different and a regular location.

I'm just sad at what they've done to the bed 😢

Edited by Serenity

• 5 months later...

When I found the Forlorn Muskeg prepper cache I took note (screenshot) of the name partially because I was slightly surprised by the name, then when I finally went back to the Pleasant Valley cache near the climb to Timberwolf I noted (screenshot) the name.  Had to be sure.  

That got me to thinking about how someone might turn off Lost and Found because "obviously the prepper abandoned caches couldn't have anything to be lost as the update was putting them back into the game"  or it was never armed and nobody caught the fact that one prepper abandoned cache that was being "renovated" had always been in the game and in a place where many players might use it.  

I have adjusted to (but not forgotten and not really forgiven) the gear and materials lost in that update.  It was so unnecessary. 

20230912130518_1.jpg

20230908105553_1.jpg